Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siles View Post
    does this really matter, when in the end ratings is all that counts (and the price to produce a show)
    This is one thing that can help. Free advertising on TV guide. Advertising translates to more viewers. More viewers translates to better ratings. So do tell people how they can get Sanctuary on the top of the page. Also it reminds already Sanctuary fans that it is on Monday. Result, higher ratings.

Comment

I've done, thought I don't live in the USA so my answer isn't really true! And I love Sanctuary, but if I lived in the USA I'd choose Castle on Monday. And I'm not the only one! Syfy made a stupid decision by moving Sanctuary on this day.
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        I've done, thought I don't live in the USA so my answer isn't really true! And I love Sanctuary, but if I lived in the USA I'd choose Castle on Monday. And I'm not the only one! Syfy made a stupid decision by moving Sanctuary on this day.
        I agree; for me the problem with Sanctuary is that there isn't a single ship i like for this show, whereas Caskett is made of win

Comment

The transcripts for One Night and Metamorphosis are now u p
          http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/transcriptslist.html

here's hoping I can ever get around to getting these done faster than once every 2 weeks
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree; for me the problem with Sanctuary is that there isn't a single ship i like for this show, whereas Caskett is made of win
            Does there have to be a 'ship' for a show to be good?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              In my book, a definite no
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Definitely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  In my book, a definite no
                  Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Definitely not.
                  I guess it depends what one means by 'ship'. The romantic kind often detracts from the concept of the show itself, IMO. On the other hand, in a show like Sanctuary, watching the relationships between the characters develop as a group, a team, a family, enhances the concept and creates (for me) a strong bond with most of them (sorry Will ), which I feel is far better for the show as a whole than concentrating on having couples pair up. Sanctuary is better than that, IMO

Comment

Of course not, but I for one tend to like more shows where I ship characters (e.g. I like SG-1 best because of Sam/Jack, DS-9 for Kira/Odo, Babylon 5 for Sheridan/Delenn, Chuck because of Chuck/Sarah, however I like other shows where I don't ship anyone but just not so much Two and a Half Men, Modern Family, How I met Your mother, NCIS, House, Walking Dead, Dexter, Game of Thrones) - Thing is I'll probably only rewatch shows with ships (and especially resolved ships, because of the state S/J was left in SG-1 I have a very hard time rewatching it)

Comment

not as far as i'm concerned

friends, sure, shacking up and making like bunnies? nah
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

NCIS is a great show and it doesn't focus on any specific pairing for a "ship", although I am getting exceedingly tired of Tony's love life being the focus in numerous episodes. The only ship I've liked in the whole series was Gibbs and the lady Army Colonel; wish they could have brought her back.

However, I don't watch that show for any sort of ship.
                        Last edited by hedwig; 08 May 2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

no. but there's nothing wrong with wanting and enjoying one on a series you like either.

i don't have one on sanctuary, but it's only b/c one hasn't jumped out at me (like s/j on sg1).
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

absolutely not.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            NCIS is a great show and it doesn't focus on any specific pairing for a "ship", although I am getting exceedingly tired of Tony's love life being the focus in numerous episodes. The only ship I've liked in the whole series was Gibbs and the lady Army Colonel; wish they could have brought her back.

However, I don't watch that show for any sort of ship.
                            Yeah, that was a pretty good pairing but I like that 'ship isn't the point of the show. It's really a team show. That's also what I like about Sanctuary.

Comment

Mother's Day must be hard for Magnus these days. Do you think Ashley was good about remembering? Do you think she got mom flowers? A gun?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                absolutely not.

Yeah, that was a pretty good pairing but I like that 'ship isn't the point of the show. It's really a team show. That's also what I like about Sanctuary.
                                Exactly. That's the real reason I like the show. The whole cast is great together, especially when the story features all of them rather than one with minor bits for the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X