Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From here

"It's one of those things where ... you think about at conception like 'How hard could it be?'" said Dunne. "We've got harnesses on, we're hanging—but then you actually do it and you're like, 'Wow. This is really tiring.' ... On top of that, Martin Wood was pelting us with tennis balls while it was happening."

"Yes. That didn't help," joked Tapping.
    Still got my fingers crossed that we'll see that on the dvd special features

Amanda: "Honestly, I think 13 is a good number for us. Twenty was really hard. It was a great joy because we were able to flesh things out more. And I think had we been given more lead-up to starting our season, although we had a network pickup early. We are a little independent television series that needs to get its financing together," she said.
    "We really only had five weeks to prep this entire season. And if we were doing 20, I think we'd all be in an insane asylum by now. Thirteen was like, we can do 13 with five weeks. There's no way we could've been prepared for 20. ... Thirteen will keep us all sane."

"We've always been the little show that could," said Tapping. "And this is going to sound hokey as can be, but we've always been the show that people weren't sure we could ever get it made.

"It was this little web series. It's always been a struggle, and I think through that struggle, the relationships were forged even more strongly. And there's a huge amount of trust on this set because we all kind of jumped into the fire holding hands together. And so the coolest thing is coming to work and seeing 70 smiling faces who all want to be here, and feeling a collective ... I don't know. A sort of collective consciousness to make this show really good," she said.

"Everyone is committed. Like the location guys care about the script. Everyone's reading the script and everyone cares about what happens, and people help each other. It's a very special vibe here."
    This is what makes the whole Sanctuary team so special, we could see and feel it at TSE

Comment

@AgamDarshi 6am home sweet home. Great day on set. #Sanctuary. Time for bed!

6am? Damn, are they still working on Amanda's ep she's directing? If so, what could she be doing to those people?

Comment

Hangover Sneak Peek and Promo

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting these

Oh my, the kids are in trouble

Comment

"somebody start talking and it better be good"

You are so right, but I think trouble doesn't even begin to cover what they are in. She sounds seriously pissed.
            sigpic

Comment

sounds like what your mom says when she gets home after you've had a party
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I am absolutely positive my mom had never sounded that intimidating.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Sounds like you've experienced this.

Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post
                  You didn't throw big enough parties. Guess you need to get with Mandy.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    From here
                    Thank you.
                    Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                    Thank you...looks like fun!!!
                    Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    You didn't throw big enough parties. Guess you need to get with Mandy.
                    That was me this morning when I saw the devastation in the kitchen that the kids had left the night before that I didn't see when we got home late last night...well, actually, that's pretty much me nearly every day...my poor kids.
                    No really, this is gonna be a fun episode to watch...the kids are in trouble with mum.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by lizzy4ever View Post
                      Thanks for posting these

Oh my, the kids are in trouble
                      "somebody start talking and it better be good"

You are so right, but I think trouble doesn't even begin to cover what they are in. She sounds seriously pissed.
                      Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Thank you.

Thank you...looks like fun!!!

That was me this morning when I saw the devastation in the kitchen that the kids had left the night before that I didn't see when we got home late last night...well, actually, that's pretty much me nearly every day...my poor kids.
                      No really, this is gonna be a fun episode to watch...the kids are in trouble with mum.
                      I went back and listened to that part like 7 times. I love that Helen had angry mom tone in her voice, and the way she said it. My mom never sounded like that, or even talked like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        ryro tweet

It's only day 3 and we already had to stop @RobinDunne from dropping his pants.
                        I don't get why they stopped him

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                          I don't get why they stopped him
                          Maybe because it's been cold in Vancouver?
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Maybe because it's been cold in Vancouver?
                            shrinkage? *George Constanza Worries*

Comment

It's Tapping Tuesday, via Robin

#TappingTuesUndunne #Sanctuary - Before I begin, I would like to thank Man Tap for allowing me to guest host Tapping Tuesday....
                              ....I feel like Gary Shandling filling in for Johnny Carson. Except we're waaay funnier than those guys.
                              Q1 - @sportymary - who would you like for a sidekick in an abnormal fight; Doc Holliday, Chewbacca or Spock?
                              A1 pt1 - I think I'd like to have a sidekick morphed from all three - Doc Spockbacca....
                              A1 pt2 - He'd be a gunslinging Wookie with pointy ears. That would be pretty badass.
                              Q2 - @C0bwebb - R u going 2 b directing a #Sanctuary ep? R u nervous about directing ur boss
                              A2 - Yes. It is official. I will be directing episode 6 of Season 4. Am I nervous about directing Amanda?
                              A2 pt 2 - Not as much as she's nervous about me directing her. I will be a tyrant drunk with power. Also, I'll be drunk.
                              Q3 - @PaganX - hi Robin Q: what was in the miracle mixture you drank for Pax Romana? it looked disgusting!!
                              A3 - I'm not sure, but it tasted like Tia Maria.
                              Q4 - @sheikah - What's Will's idea of the perfect day off?
                              A4 pt1 - Baseball double-header watched from the penthouse suite of the Roger's Centre hotel with Bono, Bill Clinton...
                              A4 pt 2 - ...and all the members of the current Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, drinking Guinness on tap flown in from Dublin...
                              A4 pt3 - and eating Swiss Chalet. Also it would be nice if there was banana bread for dessert....
                              A4 p4 - Really good banana bread with chocolate chips in it.
                              Q5 - Jordan Lock - are you looking forward to the royal wedding?
                              A5 - William and Kate are getting married??! That's why she hasn't returned any of my texts lately.
                              Q6 - Kari Rowe - Robin, Are you wearing pants right now?
                              A6 - No. But I am wearing a sombrero.
                              Q7 - Amelia Sirvid - Which out of all the sanctuary characters do you think is the most likely do get their own spin off.
                              A7 - I think Bigfoot should take over from Dog The Bounty Hunter. Biggy The Bounty Hunter. I'd watch that show.
                              Thanks for the questions everyone!!
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOL - thanks for compiling and sharing Sky!
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X