Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    So I guess its just what some people interpret what makes one a bisexual...are you considered bi if you experiment or have one or two affairs with women or something more? I don't recall Amanda ever saying that Helen was bisexual but rather that she wouldn't rule out that Helen had a relationship with a woman in the past...and who knows, she might yet have another in the future.

I'd like to see Helen living it up in the roaring twenties...and I'd also like to see her chilling out in the 60's/70's.

Amanda did once say in an interview that "Helen isn’t afraid to wear Converse running shoes with a flapper dress." I'd love to see that happen.

That's why the 60's were so damn good. I think Helen needed the 60's to show her how to not take life so seriously all the time. Maybe help her find a balance of work and play even though the scales still tip largely to the work side but at least she seems to have been able to move on...she did have Ashely after all....and IIRC, Ashley was born during the cold war.

Well, to be fair, Damian isn't just any man.

Not sure Helen would have been a fan of moonshine...she did have a rather impressive wine cellar until Tesla found it.

I can't imagine Helen tripping out on acid or anything too wild...maybe a little bit of marijuana...oh heck...who am I kidding...she would have tried it all...they did use cocaine or was it heroin??...back in the 1800's after all...for medicinal purposes of course.
    So one day high as kite then the next meditating on a rock...far out man!!
    I'd like to see her with flowers in her hair, flowers & hearts painted on her face and burning her bra with Jane Fonda!
    I guess the definition of bi is rather subjective. I think if you actively pursue both sexes, then you are bi. Not sure if one or two encounters would qualify.

You are right about Damien! Now Robin on the other hand.

Cocaine was also a huge thing during the 20's. That's when the government started stepping in and making drugs illegal. Though anyone who drank the original Coca-Cola had cocaine.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i think helen would have tried the harder drugs, out of the sheer curiosity 'does my abnormal blood make me immune from addictions'

but even as she'd do it she'd have a fear of being weak and falling into the addiction trap
    They may not have had an effect at all. Hadn't thought of that. What a waste of perfectly good drugs.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

ryro tweet

It's only day 3 and we already had to stop @RobinDunne from dropping his pants.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ryro tweet

It's only day 3 and we already had to stop @RobinDunne from dropping his pants.
        *sigh* Yea, same old, same old

Wait, did I just call Robin's butt old?

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          So I guess its just what some people interpret what makes one a bisexual...are you considered bi if you experiment or have one or two affairs with women or something more? I don't recall Amanda ever saying that Helen was bisexual but rather that she wouldn't rule out that Helen had a relationship with a woman in the past...and who knows, she might yet have another in the future.

I'd like to see Helen living it up in the roaring twenties...and I'd also like to see her chilling out in the 60's/70's.

Amanda did once say in an interview that "Helen isn’t afraid to wear Converse running shoes with a flapper dress." I'd love to see that happen.

That's why the 60's were so damn good. I think Helen needed the 60's to show her how to not take life so seriously all the time. Maybe help her find a balance of work and play even though the scales still tip largely to the work side but at least she seems to have been able to move on...she did have Ashely after all....and IIRC, Ashley was born during the cold war.
          Living as long as Helen has, she had to have been open to a lot of things, and maybe she's not actually bi, but she has been involved with women in her life, Amelia Earhart we know of. Helen had to have been with some powerful and interesting men, so it's likely she was with women for the same reason, maybe for an emotional attraction, or or to learn from them. Maybe AE taught Helen how to fly?

She might have gone a little wild back in the day, but I'm not sure she ever took drugs, seeing as she comes off as the very classy lady. Besides, Amanda said we'd never see Helen do drugs, so maybe she never did?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            Living as long as Helen has, she had to have been open to a lot of things, and maybe she's not actually bi, but she has been involved with women in her life, Amelia Earhart we know of. Helen had to have been with some powerful and interesting men, so it's likely she was with women for the same reason, maybe for an emotional attraction, or or to learn from them. Maybe AE taught Helen how to fly?

She might have gone a little wild back in the day, but I'm not sure she ever took drugs, seeing as she comes off as the very classy lady. Besides, Amanda said we'd never see Helen do drugs, so maybe she never did?
            "Maybe AE taught Helen how to fly? "

Maybe she did. *wink,wink*

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              *sigh* Yea, same old, same old

Wait, did I just call Robin's butt old?

Take that back!

Originally posted by Steff View Post

You forgot "nudge, nudge"
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                Take that back!

You forgot "nudge, nudge"

Comment

i think helen would have been at her flightiest in the 20's and 30's....and then i think WWII and all that happened there 'grew her up', so to speak. And that's when she got serious and maybe started her network

i think seeing the horrible crimes against humanity of that war hardened her resolve and encouraged her to give up playing and get to work
                  Of course, remember that she was at Verdun. WWI was pretty horrific. hundreds of thousands killed just at Verdun. Seems like she should have been at the Somme, though, rather than the French battle of Verdun...

i think helen would have tried the harder drugs, out of the sheer curiosity 'does my abnormal blood make me immune from addictions'

but even as she'd do it she'd have a fear of being weak and falling into the addiction trap
                  I'd think she'd be less afraid of addiction than just not having the time to waste on drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    Just a thought and I'm not even sure how it might work, but I'd love to see a time travel episode..or two. Not an era from Helen's past, but one from even before she was born. Famous times from literary history; Robin Hood, King Arthur, Joan of Arc, etc.. Abnormals I'm sure weren't limited to just this century and having her go back to save a few, while trying to not change too many things in that time while doing so...and thus changing future events would be intriguing to say the least.
                    Please no time travel. I think it would be be terrible on Sanctuary.

One more day til Magnus and the gang are back!
                    Last edited by jckfan55; 14 April 2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Please no time travel. I think it would be be terrible on Sanctuary.

One more day til Magnus and the gang are back!
                      Time travel? not in China.

Comment

Time travel? not in China.
                        ROFL

someone's been keeping up with the news!
                        -

Comment

I'm not sure if I should laugh or continue to shake my head in disbelief - they have a cartoon with a goat riding a skateboard and a blue talking cat...but time travel is banned...go figure.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Down side: ames' RL is bringing her perilously close to a breakdown
                            Up side: ames is calling in dead tomorrow, so will be home to watch Sanctuary!

Okay, so perhaps calling in 'dead' isn't quite how I should word it, but honestly, I'm so tired and stressed out right now if I go to work I'll likely damage myself, the equipment, or most likely both ... so yeah. Taking a day off. And watching Sanctuary! Yay
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                              Down side: ames' RL is bringing her perilously close to a breakdown
                              Up side: ames is calling in dead tomorrow, so will be home to watch Sanctuary!

Okay, so perhaps calling in 'dead' isn't quite how I should word it, but honestly, I'm so tired and stressed out right now if I go to work I'll likely damage myself, the equipment, or most likely both ... so yeah. Taking a day off. And watching Sanctuary! Yay
                              Well, at least actually rest. Don't run around and still be exhausted on Saturday. And foremost, ENJOY Sanctuary!
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                Well, at least actually rest. Don't run around and still be exhausted on Saturday. And foremost, ENJOY Sanctuary!
                                I'll second that notion Ames...listen to suse...rest, relax & enjoy Sanctuary!! *hugs Amy*
                                Just one more sleep for a lot of you...I'm not counting for the rest of the world just yet.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X