Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you all want after I upload it I can post a converted from the FLV file of the Preview a mpeg 2 DVD encoded file of the Preview. There pretty much is no quality loss & the resolution will be the same & programs like the Virtual Dub MPEG 2 version will read it & you can cut out clips & stuff but it should be fairly easy to convert MPEG2 to the file of your choice
    Last edited by Starxgate; 30 April 2007, 08:42 AM.

Comment

WOOHOO!!!!

YIPPEEE!!!!

This is gonna be so great!

AT did a fantastic job - totally different voice - I didn't recognize her voice before I saw her face! Impressive!

Robin Dunne is going to rock. We didn't get to see the tall, evil one - but in a couple weeks we will.

CG was awesome. Music perfect.

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      T-shirts - okay I really would like to have a t-shirt for the summer cons - a cool black t with little logo on front and big logo on back for Comic Con.
      Like the one AT is wearing!!?? ME TOO!!

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      Doctor of Teratology, Cytology and Xenogeneic Biology

Did I win?!?
      And Kat wins the guess what Dr Magnus's business card means! We give you cryptozoology because teratology is worth double!

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
        WOOHOO!!!!

YIPPEEE!!!!

This is gonna be so great!

AT did a fantastic job - totally different voice - I didn't recognize her voice before I saw her face! Impressive!

Robin Dunne is going to rock. We didn't get to see the tall, evil one - but in a couple weeks we will.

CG was awesome. Music perfect.

Like the one AT is wearing!!?? ME TOO!!

And Kat wins the guess what Dr Magnus's business card means! We give you cryptozoology because teratology is worth double!

Woo hoo! I got one right! *does a little happy dance*

Comment

Some pictures (got 70 in my PB account)

Spoiler:

More pics are here on my photobucket account: http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...tje/Sanctuary/

Comment

For anyone that wants it here is an MPEG2 DVD Encoded file of the FLV

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bujh99
            http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3Z0UFBPS
            http://rapidshare.com/files/28749187/Sanctuary.mpg.html
            http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...C849FE6903E6B6

Comment

It's very good. The scene in the rain looks like Gastown in Vancouver. I wonder why Helen's business card didn't get wet.

Robin Dunne really resembles Michael Shanks! It's a little strange, but I suppose he'll establish his own character in the pilot.

I requested a tour when I was in Vancouver. The day was just like the opening moments in the sneak preview, with the rain pouring down. I was lucky in that I got to see the guys working on their computers creating the backgrounds, the creatures and the music during the visit.

I really enjoyed seeing the graphics come to life.

I also noticed some very nice, trademark Martin Wood, fancy camera shots, specifically when Helen is talking to Peter in front of the window partition.

Good job, all of you.
              Last edited by Hatusu; 30 April 2007, 10:54 AM.
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                Thanks for this...I was already wondering if I could save it onto my computer and you just provided that and another player on my computer lol... But you can't use them for music vids I take eh?!? Just wondering

as for Sanctuary itself...I get more and more excited about it...I really like Amanda in it more and more. I love her accent It is very subtle... and believable. Cause well sometimes accent aren't believable but hers is. I like the special effect, they look stunning... I like the transits they make with 'flying' over the city. Can't wait for May 14th
                I thought her accent was subtle, too. I believe her accent is thicker in scenes from the past. Won't that be fun!
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Well, I'm impressed.

I had high expectations before the preview of course, but it's always nice to have them realized. I wasn't quite sure how I would like Helen, because I have a difficult time separating actors from their previous characters sometimes (my fault; not theirs), but AT's portrayal was a great surprise! Like someone else said, when she first started talking, I had to think about it before I recognized that it was her. Very cool! I am officially hooked.

Does anyone have an ETA on the streaming download after it begins pre-loading? I had to watch the one on youtube, because I simply couldn't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Well, I'm impressed.

I had high expectations before the preview of course, but it's always nice to have them realized. I wasn't quite sure how I would like Helen, because I have a difficult time separating actors from their previous characters sometimes (my fault; not theirs), but AT's portrayal was a great surprise! Like someone else said, when she first started talking, I had to think about it before I recognized that it was her. Very cool! I am officially hooked.

Does anyone have an ETA on the streaming download after it begins pre-loading? I had to watch the one on youtube, because I simply couldn't wait.
                    It depends on your computer Spazzy, but mine took about 10 mins to DL
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      It depends on your computer Spazzy, but mine took about 10 mins to DL
                      Actually it depends on more than that - your connection, and the number of people who are dl'ing at the time (a lot could cause a bit of congestion) are the main ones.

Comment

I am impressed with what I have seen so far, and I am really really looking forward to seeing much more of this. Heh, I didn't realize it was AT there at the beginning at first. She does the accent very well, and her voice changed with it. The effects and all looks really cool. Oh, I can't wait for more. I think this is going to be a great show.

Comment

Of course my internet goes down the night before they release the sneak peak.

I was lucky enough to at least find an open wireless to view it with my lappy, but the vid card in the lappy is even worse than the desk top, so it was all jumpy.

I snuck a peak of it when I got to work though.

I will just give a big ol' 'me too!' to what has been said before.

The accent was just wicked. Very natural and very fitting for what we know of the character. After one has lived for so long, their accent would become much more of a blend of several. AT did a wonderful job with that (like that's a big surprise).

Comment

Any chance one of you clever folks out there can encode the preview to WMA format? Just so it matches the trailers and whatnot.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
                              It's very good. The scene in the rain looks like Gastown in Vancouver. I wonder why Helen's business card didn't get wet.

Robin Dunne really resembles Michael Shanks! It's a little strange, but I suppose he'll establish his own character in the pilot.

I requested a tour when I was in Vancouver. The day was just like the opening moments in the sneak preview, with the rain pouring down. I was lucky in that I got to see the guys working on their computers creating the backgrounds, the creatures and the music during the visit.

I really enjoyed seeing the graphics come to life.

I also noticed some very nice, trademark Martin Wood, fancy camera shots, specifically when Helen is talking to Peter in front of the window partition.

Good job, all of you.

Very strange indeed. Though it may have just been my eyesight, I was actually wondering why it looked as if Helen's business card was blank until she handed it to Will and then the lettering 'Sanctuary' appeared, but it didn't have the words 'For All' until after he took it and she let go.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 30 April 2007, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                                Very strange indeed. Though it may have just been my eyesight, I was actually wondering why it looked as if Helen's business card was blank until Will touched it and then the lettering 'Sanctuary' appeared, but it didn't have the words 'For All' until after Helen said that she was a friend and let go.
                                I noticed that too, so I don't think it was just your eyes playing tricks.

It was wicked.

Comment

Working...
                                X