Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    I'm not sure why some people think it wasn't clear that Clara was Griffin's granddaughter. They went looking for his daughter Anna Griffin and found her daughter. That's pretty clear.
    Crystal clear if you ask me. I really don't like when shows talk down to me. I think it's kind of insulting that PTB MAY think fans aren't as smart as I know most of us are. That's just me.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      Crystal clear if you ask me. I really don't like when shows talk down to me. I think it's kind of insulting that PTB MAY think fans aren't as smart as I know most of us are. That's just me.
      How'd you get that idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        I think MW is using components of both a) and b) in that perhaps he knows his audience has differing levels of understanding plot lines
        Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        How'd you get that idea?
        I think if you read her post again you'll see she didn't actually point that statement at the Sanctuary folks...it's more her own observation and opinion of what MAY happen on any given show.
        Having said that, if it is indeed true that MW does in fact perceive his audience as having different levels of understanding...which to be fair is more than logical and probable...than perhaps some PTB at Sanctuary have a point. Hey...I mean, who the hell am I to say anything....I'm no bright star you know! And I'm gonna shut up before I really put my foot in it!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It looks like they'll be starting filming soon. After the Olympics perhaps??

Damian posted this on Twitter -

#sanctuary prod office filling w peeps. Getting very close to full prep on season 3. Scripts being furiously written by our talented staff!
          -

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I think if you read her post again you'll see she didn't actually point that statement at the Sanctuary folks...it's more her own observation and opinion of what MAY happen on any given show.
            Having said that, if it is indeed true that MW does in fact perceive his audience as having different levels of understanding...which to be fair is more than logical and probable...than perhaps some PTB at Sanctuary have a point. Hey...I mean, who the hell am I to say anything....I'm no bright star you know! And I'm gonna shut up before I really put my foot in it!
            I guess I didn't word my post right, I know she wasn't talking about our PTB, I was just asking how she sees those things about other shows. Like you said.
            Last edited by Rocky89; 26 February 2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

YAY!! Sanctuary starts shooting in mid March!!

From Amanda on Twitter :

In the throws of writing season 3. Shoot mid march!! I embrace the insanity and then watch princess movies with Olivia to calm me down.
              -

Comment

@amandatapping Oh yeah babies. Canada takes on Russia. So cool!! Go Canada go!! http://twitpic.com/155s2f

*SUPER SQUEE*

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  YAY!! Sanctuary starts shooting in mid March!!

From Amanda on Twitter :

In the throws of writing season 3. Shoot mid march!! I embrace the insanity and then watch princess movies with Olivia to calm me down.
                  I won't get too excited about this until October.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    @amandatapping Oh yeah babies. Canada takes on Russia. So cool!! Go Canada go!! http://twitpic.com/155s2f

*SUPER SQUEE*
                    Watched that game, Russia shot themselves in the foot really, but it's cool that AT was there.
                    ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

For the second week in a row, Sanctuary will be competing with the Olympics. First the Opening Ceremonies, now a gold medal curling game and men's hockey semi-finals. What were the programmers thinking when they took a break????

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        For the second week in a row, Sanctuary will be competing with the Olympics. First the Opening Ceremonies, now a gold medal curling game and men's hockey semi-finals. What were the programmers thinking when they took a break????
                        Aren't you the one who told me the benefits of having a mid-season break?

Comment

Programmers: "How can we differentiate ourselves from the rest of the pack and go down in history as major morons?"
                          sigpic

Comment

That's just it EH-T...they don't think...they're total freaks that should be locked in the Shoe! Go figure...how can such idiots actually be employed to do that job when clearly a five year old could do better. Boggles the mind.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Possibly that Sci Fi fans don't like sport....which is silly and forgets that people don't fit into nice neat little boxes.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                                Possibly that Sci Fi fans don't like sport....which is silly and forgets that people don't fit into nice neat little boxes.
                                They tend to boil everything down to demographics based on polls. The polls usually are between 500 and 1000 people and that is supposed to represent millions. As you said they forget that people don't all fit into these boxes. if they realized this maybe there wouldn't be so many good shows getting canceled.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X