Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think, how i read it, he had to learn to go from 'writer and creative dude' to 'i'm in charge of how this show goes'

he's gone from following sam's advice and recommendations to having to make those recommendations...and he's had to learn how to balance show flow (not story flow) with actor availability, scenery availability, getting the effects done, etc...he's gotta keep his eye on the big picture, instead of worrying about 43 minutes at a time
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i think, how i read it, he had to learn to go from 'writer and creative dude' to 'i'm in charge of how this show goes'

he's gone from following sam's advice and recommendations to having to make those recommendations...and he's had to learn how to balance show flow (not story flow) with actor availability, scenery availability, getting the effects done, etc...he's gotta keep his eye on the big picture, instead of worrying about 43 minutes at a time
      I agree. I got that he learned for SE and all that but what I ment was that if S1 was like that cos of him and from what I got from S2 I fear what S3 will be like. It def has to be way better then S2.
      TO me S2 lost a lot. It was no where near S1, despite the fact that it had some really good eps.
      I guess I liked SE vision better lol He sure gave us a better Henry ep!

@jckfan55 Totally! I loved the gothic feel the webis had. It gave more weight to Magnus character. And I loved the feel and look of the show,it was different.

Comment

I've pulled out my S1 DVDs--it will be a long time til S3. I really liked in Morgana how Helen brings Ashley tea before she goes out on her mission to get the Chameleon. Ashley kind of slams the tea and hands the cup back to her.

But Magnus seems a bit uncomfortable; she sort of needed the tea as an excuse to "connect" as she puts it. In Requiem she says that she can't "relate to Ashley"--I love that this was kind of a though line. Love the character moments.

Of course now I'm kind of depressed again that we won't be seeing more of the mother-daughter relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I've pulled out my S1 DVDs--it will be a long time til S3. I really liked in Morgana how Helen brings Ashley tea before she goes out on her mission to get the Chameleon. Ashley kind of slams the tea and hands the cup back to her.

But Magnus seems a bit uncomfortable; she sort of needed the tea as an excuse to "connect" as she puts it. In Requiem she says that she can't "relate to Ashley"--I love that this was kind of a though line. Love the character moments.

Of course now I'm kind of depressed again that we won't be seeing more of the mother-daughter relationship.
          I wouldn't count Ashely out yet. I think there was rumor of bringing her back in S3, as in RL she had to bow out of the series when she did due to back problems and a looming surgery. Since it was more of a mutual agreement with her leaving, I think her exit in the series (End of Nights P2) left more speculation about her existence than resignation of her fate.

For those in the US and who have yet to see the webisodes, Hulu has available for a time the original first and second 'Lost Webisodes' as they have so labeled them. Each begins with a short excerpt by AT as well. They look like they might have been filmed in (her) home or someone else's too. They're very casual and down to earth which I like.

http://www.hulu.com/sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            I wouldn't count Ashely out yet. I think there was rumor of bringing her back in S3, as in RL she had to bow out of the series when she did due to back problems and a looming surgery. Since it was more of a mutual agreement with her leaving, I think her exit in the series (End of Nights P2) left more speculation about her existence than resignation of her fate.
            I don't think EU leaving had anything to do with her upcoming surgery. It maybe was a mutual decision, but that meaning network / shows execs, not EU.
            Also, the rumors about her coming back I think aren't more than what AT has said at AT4, that they would like to see some more of her in S3, that they have interesting ideas about how to do that. But I really wouldn't count on Ashley coming back for real.

I aslo was surprised to read the DK interview, to me, just like Kes said, I didn't see what he's saying about Kate and S2.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              I don't think EU leaving had anything to do with her upcoming surgery. It maybe was a mutual decision, but that meaning network / shows execs, not EU.
              Also, the rumors about her coming back I think aren't more than what AT has said at AT4, that they would like to see some more of her in S3, that they have interesting ideas about how to do that. But I really wouldn't count on Ashley coming back for real.
              I agree with Emilie's leaving and surgery not having anything to do with it. Emilie herself said that it was just great timing that she was told her contract was finished and she needed the surgery...it just worked out that way...one had nothing to do with the other. And I too agree that I don't think it was Emilie's mutual decision to leave...I think IIRC, she was a little taken aback when she was told but in the end it worked out for her because she needed the surgery and 5 months off work to recuperate.
              As for bringing Ashley back...I really really hope they do bring her back...for real...but I won't hold my breath on it. Until I see it, I'll just go on believing it'll be a flashback thing or something along those lines...which even if that happens, it will probably irk me coz I want Ash back for real.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I aslo was surprised to read the DK interview, to me, just like Kes said, I didn't see what he's saying about Kate and S2.
                I don't doubt what you say to be true, but I do have a question. If Emilie's contract ending coincided with her need to tend to matters with her back and she really was a bit surprised and perhaps not really ready to end her role on Sanctuary AND if Amanda has said she would like to see Emilie come back and reprise her role...What would hinder or prevent her from doing so?

Comment

She very well might be back next season. But from what I understand, it will only be for a guest role. If that is the case, I hope they do write a really good story for Ashley if EU is available. I read somewhere that she was going down to LA for pilot season, so she might get a job and stay down there or be too busy. I only wish the best for her. She has a long career ahead of her and I think she will do just fine, with or without Sanctuary.

As for what DK said about Kate - while I don't think the character turned out to be all that they think she is, I have no problem with her. I was afraid she would be too over-the-top, but I think she is working out okay and has potential. Then again, so did Ashley.

I also think Season 2 was a big improvement over Season 1 in terms of writing. While I still prefer the tone of the webisodes, I think the writing was very uneven in Season 1. From one episode to the next, it felt like I was watching two different shows. So I think TPTB are slowly finding their balance and I think the writing will only continue to improve in Season 3. That said, I think the networks need to stop interfering so much with the show. It's time to step back and let DK and the other writers have more room to carry out their vision for the show.

Comment

the 'lost webisodes' sounds more like the webbies off the dvd's. cause i recall AT introing them, wth an open shot in what looks like to be the entry hall of a house

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      the 'lost webisodes' sounds more like the webbies off the dvd's. cause i recall AT introing them, wth an open shot in what looks like to be the entry hall of a house
                      You mean these? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqjZ7gQ6BLs

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                        As for what DK said about Kate - while I don't think the character turned out to be all that they think she is, I have no problem with her. I was afraid she would be too over-the-top, but I think she is working out okay and has potential. Then again, so did Ashley. ;
                        me too.

I also think Season 2 was a big improvement over Season 1 in terms of writing
                        me too.

Spoiler:
                        what a contribution, eh?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          me too.

me too.

Spoiler:
                          what a contribution, eh?
                          It has been noted. *notes*
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            I don't doubt what you say to be true, but I do have a question. If Emilie's contract ending coincided with her need to tend to matters with her back and she really was a bit surprised and perhaps not really ready to end her role on Sanctuary AND if Amanda has said she would like to see Emilie come back and reprise her role...What would hinder or prevent her from doing so?
                            I don't know anything about the business, but I do think that Amanda doesn't really have the final say in something like this. So, sure, she would like to see EU back, but that alone doesn't mean it'll happen. I think.
                            But I hope she will back, I did really mish the mother/daughter stuff in S2.

Oh, and for the recond () I don't have a problem with Kate either, at all. I don't love her, I don't hate her.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, and for the recond () I don't have a problem with Kate either, at all. I don't love her, I don't hate her.
                              When Kate was introduced, I wasn't sure about her, but she's quite grown on me now. I think she's evolved from her original appearance, even matured mentally in a sense and her loyalties have definitely shifted to align more now with the Sanctuary. Though she still has her personal skeletons, as most of the characters have, she's still learning I think that the only power these have over her is the control she let's them have. I like to see her inner battles and every small personal victory she wins.

Comment

I think kate was also someone that was looking for a purpose in life. sounds poetic i know

but i think, prior to the sanctuary folks, she was seeking comfort and security, and used money to get it. Then she saw what they were doing and how they were doing it and realized...you know the cabal aren't that good, but the others seem to be

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X