Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jPod, the Canadian TV series, is now available online at the WB.com site.

jPod co-stars Sanctuary's Emilie Ullerup, and David Kopp, Steph Song, Benjamin Ayres, Torrance Coombs, Sherry Miller, Alan Thicke and Colin Cunningham. Sanctuary's Ryan Robbins appeared in four episodes, and Peter DeLuise directed two episodes as well.

For episode information, here's the link at IMDB.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

(Just spreading my joy around )

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGG! You guys, today, I got the BEST, gift EVER!!!

A few months back, when another user went on vacation, and she asked me to take over her GW account? When she got back, she wanted to thank me by getting something of mine signed by Amanda *SQUEE!* She told me she would be meeting Amanda at Creation Con, and that she could have Amanda sign something of mine there. After we worked some things out, I finally choose what I wanted Amanda to sign more than anything, I choose my 2 SG-1 movies . I wrapped them up, went to my post office, and mailed them . Later I got an e-mail from Lies saying she had them, and that she'd take care of them.

Fast forward a couple of months, SamJackShipLover, Antoa and EH-T meet Amanda at the Con, and that's where Amanda signed my DVD's *Super SQUEE! I was at work and my grandmother came by, she was holding a package, right away I knew what that was. I thanked her for bringing them to me, and I went downstairs (I wanted my BIG moment alone ) I opened them up and BOOM, I was so blown away, I actually feel back . I just could NOT believe what I was seeing, I could NOT believe what I was holding in my hands, I was actually holding in my hands, something signed by Amanda Tapping *MEGA SUPER SQUEE!* This may sound silly, but I actually felt a little closer connection to her since I was really holding something touched and signed by her . To quote Amanda, I am over the moon in love, and I am I am deliriously happy.

I want to thank SJ SO, SO, SO much for this amazing gift, you did more than just give 2 DVD's signed by Amanda *YAY*, you made me even more aware of how such great friends I have. And not only that, but you've greatly boasted my urge/need/desire to meet Amanda some day.

Oh, and last but not least, here's some pics of my GREATEST gift of all time!

Here's the 2 DVD's together, you can see Amanda's signature on both of them. *ULTRA SQUEE!*
      Spoiler:

Here's the AoT DVD, Amanda actually wrote my name on the DVD. Aww, Amanda's knows my name. *Sigh* -
      Spoiler:

Here's the Continuum DVD-
      Spoiler:

I can't believe Amanda put an X and O on both the DVD's. *YAY* I got a written hug and kiss from Amanda. *Dances in joy*

And here's some pics of me in front of a mirror with the DVD's in my hands. HEHE -
      Spoiler:

OMG, the flash is covering Sam's face. Yikes.

Here's a pic of Amanda Lies put in one of the DVD's-- no it's not a signed flag pic . -

Spoiler:
      Last edited by Rocky89; 04 May 2009, 08:37 AM.

Comment

GateWorld: Amanda Tapping Interview Photo Gallery:

At GateWorld:

Amanda Tapping photos from her recent GateWorld video interview.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Damian Kindler's Twitter Update May 8 '09:

Recent updates from Damian Kindler's Twitter site include:

Spoiler:
          The apocalyptic Old City set on stage 1 looks cool. Lotsa garbage and wrecked cars. Robin in scary mullet. Amanda's all bruised.

about 10 hours ago from web
          Last edited by morjana; 10 May 2009, 07:38 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Ryan Robbins Wins Best Guest Performance for 'Edward':

From the Ryan Robbins Live Journal site:

Leo Awards 2009

I received a text message from Ryan to say that he won a Leo Award for Sanctuary.
            Last edited by morjana; 10 May 2009, 07:35 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

That's awesome!! Tx Morjana for letting us know
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                Sanctuary - Ryan Robbins Wins Best Guest Performance for Revelations Part 2:

Leo Awards 2009

I received a text message from Ryan to say that he won a Leo Award for Sanctuary.
                IMHO he's the best male actor on "Sanctuary"; I hope he'll be in every episode in season 2...

Comment

Sanctuary - The Province: 2009 Leo Awards:

At the Province (Vancouver, BC, Canada):

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Sci-fi projects roar at Leo Awards

By Glen Schaefer, The Province

May 10, 2009

B.C.'s sci-fi productions were big winners at this weekend's annual Leo Awards for B.C.-made film and television.

... Also among sci-fi winners was the new TV series Sanctuary, a gothic-themed show starring former Stargate: SG-1 lead Amanda Tapping as an immortal from Victorian England doing battle with modern-day monsters. The show won acting awards for Tapping as well as guest stars Ryan Robbins and Gabrielle Rose. Sanctuary also won the prize for best makeup.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

We've started tweeting #SanctuarySunday at Twitter, and we've made it onto the Trending Topics list!

Woo-hoo!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Mega HUGE congratulations to Amanda on her Leo win!!

Also HUGE congratulations to Ryan and Gabrielle and the make up department for their wins!!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Wonderful news on the Leo's! Congrats to Amanda and the others! And yay for Ryan not being a guest star next season

Also ... I made my very first tweet featuring the words #SanctuarySunday ... I hope I did it right lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary - Ryan Robbins Wins Best Guest Performance for Revelations Part 2:
                          Leo Awards 2009
                          Morjana...was the award for Revelations or Edward...there is confusion over the result.
                          I thought he only got nom'ed for Revelations but have read elsewhere that he got the award for Edward.
                          Thank you for keeping us posted by the way!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Morjana...was the award for Revelations or Edward...there is confusion over the result.
                            I thought he only got nom'ed for Revelations but have read elsewhere that he got the award for Edward.
                            Thank you for keeping us posted by the way!
                            RR was nominated for Edward (or at least that's what the Leo site says). Jonathon Young was nominated for Rev part 2.

There must have been some kind of mix up.
                            Last edited by jasminaGo; 10 May 2009, 05:14 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              RR was nominated for Edward (or at least that's what the Leo site says). Jonathan Young was nominated for Rev part 2.
                              There must have been some kind of mix up.
                              Thank you. Now I can sleep!!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Sanctuary - The Province: 2009 Leo Awards:

At the Province (Vancouver, BC, Canada):

Sci-fi projects roar at Leo Awards

By Glen Schaefer, The Province

May 10, 2009

B.C.'s sci-fi productions were big winners at this weekend's annual Leo Awards for B.C.-made film and television.

... Also among sci-fi winners was the new TV series Sanctuary, a gothic-themed show starring former Stargate: SG-1 lead Amanda Tapping as an immortal from Victorian England doing battle with modern-day monsters. The show won acting awards for Tapping as well as guest stars Ryan Robbins and Gabrielle Rose. Sanctuary also won the prize for best makeup.
                                (Repost from Samanda)

HIP HIP HOORAY!!

*YAAAAAY!* That's awesome news, I'm really very happy for Atlantis, Continuum, Sanctuary and... what's the other girls name?... Amanda . I am SO freaking proud and happy for everyone in both Stargate and Sanctuary they all deserved to win. I'm really happy for Michael for winning for Continuum, he was great.

OK, now for Amanda . Wow, unbelievably happy and proud of her for winning for winning for Requiem . Wow, it seems like today is a pretty good mothers day for Amanda . I'm also really happy for Ryan for winning for winning for his role in Edward, that was a really good episode for him . Like I said before, if there is such a thing as karma, Amanda's definitely on it's good side! . I would like to have seen her win for Continuum too, have both my girls win ( )

Congrats Amanda, she worked SO freaking long and hard, and she definitely deserved to win.

Oh one more thing, I found this little gem, and I felt like sharing .

Stargate And Sanctuary Dominate The Leo Awards:

Source- Sci Fi Scoop

The 5th Annual Leo Awards have just played out in Vancouver and it’s a safe bet to say the production teams behind Stargate and Sanctuary will be feeling pretty happy right about now.

Stargate Atlantis won 9 of the 17 nominations it received for its fifth and final season. Atlantis also took home the win for the coveted ‘Best Series Award’.

The made-for-dvd movie Stargate: Continuum also won 3 of the 11 awards it was nominated for and Michael Shanks (aka Daniel Jackson) won the ‘Best Lead Actor’ award.

Sci Fi’s new series Sanctuary has pulled in 4 wins from its 10 nominations - a monumental achievement from its first seasonal run. Sanctuary star and exec producer Amanda Tapping (who also appeared in the fifth season of Stargate Atlantis) won the Best Lead Performance award for her acting in the Sanctuary episode ‘Requiem’. She was joined by Ryan Robbins who won the Best Guest Performance award for his role as Edward in the Sanctuary episode ‘Revelations Part 2?.

All in all the awards ceremony was an amazing night for the production teams behind Stargate and Sanctuary who collectively amassed an amazing 38 nominations and at least 16 wins (final tally to be verified once all results are in).

The Leo Awards were founded in 1999 to provide support and recognition for the work of filmmakers.

Although it was Stargate Atlantis that ruled the night, with ten nominations and four wins from only its first season you have to give a lot of credit to the cast and crew of Sanctuary.

Sanctuary follows the adventures of Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping), forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman (Robin Dunne) and Magnus’ daughter Ashley (Emilie Ullerup) as together they track down, study and protect strange and sometimes terrifying creatures that secretly populate the Earth.

Sanctuary is the first television show based on an online series to ever be picked up for a second season (which will consist of 13 hour long episodes).

Production began on the second season of Sanctuary just over a month ago in Vancouver.

Although it has yet to be officially confirmed, Sanctuary is expected to return to SyFy in October 2009 where it will feature alongside Stargate Universe on Friday nights. We’re guessing both of these series will feature heavily in the 6th Annual Leo Awards in 2010.

Now that's what I wanna hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X