Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6 is a good rating for scifi. a 2 would be stellar, but 1.6 is good.

what is more telling is that people are literally changing the channel to watch it. the 1.5 for sga and the 1.6 for sanctuary suggests that people are changing the channel to watch it or watching just it and turning the station off.

which means it has 'off network' appeal (i made that term up), which is good.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      I keep thinking...."I wish I had that outfit....wait...I wish I had that body and then the outfit"
      Touche....

Originally posted by morjana View Post
      I would think so.

She might live to be incredibly old (far older than 157), but she would die of old age eventually. Even turtles, elephants and parrots die of old age, and those are some of the longest living animal species.

And I wouldn't think she is totally free of dying from trauma or extreme illness either. She's just been lucky so far.

Morjana
      Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
      Exactly, especially considering
      Spoiler:
      the cuts and scrapes on her in Kush.

I like that she's
      Spoiler:
      not completely superhuman... she has her weaknesses too... and I love that they gave her that element of weakness... She kept visualizing her old relationship with Druitt, showing that even if she can't be hurt in a completely phyical way-- which after Kush we see that she can-- psychologically she can be hurt...
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

I apologize if this has come up already here, I haven't yet read through the rest of the posts. I was wondering: in terms of webcast to broadcast, how much of the stuff carries over? is it just stuff that's shown in the broadcast that should be considered "canon''?

I mostly mean a thing with Druitt; I won't talk about it 'cause I don't know who all watched them...
        Thanks!

Comment

Hey Naddy,
          IMO just the episodes are cannon as some parts of the story has changed from the webisodes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            Hey Naddy,
            IMO just the episodes are cannon as some parts of the story has changed from the webisodes.
            I agree with you JanSam. I think that the Webisodes are there own completely separate Abnormal and should be thought of as kept in a separate Sanctuary in Vancouver by S3M....

Any canon regarding Sanctuary now is with Helen and the crew on SciFi .... IMHO..
            sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
              Hey Naddy,
              I agree. I think only the episodes are cannon.

Speaking of Druitt and a spoiler from Kush... lol ok maybe no one was talking about it, so I will bring it up The spoiler has nothing to do with the plot of the "Kush" Episode.
              Spoiler:
              Helen mentions she loved Druitt since she knew him at Oxford. Sounds like they may have been fellow students? Here is my opinion/thought/guess...
              1) Helen and John were students together in medical school. Perhaps she is further along in her studies than he.
              2) They begin dating and she learns he has some abnormal abilities.
              3) She begins to treat him... maybe she graduated from Oxford at this point. OR she is doing her residency with her dad. At any rate he becomes her first patient at the Sanctuary (which we learned in the TV pilot)
              4) They become engaged once Helen believe John has learned to control his abilities.
              5) Helen discovers the dark truth that John has gone mad and she can't save him. They break up. Helen is pregnant with Ashley.

Now how Helen's blood ties in I don't know... John is not immortal or long living like Helen because in the pilot she said "he was dying" that is why he had come for her blood. Maybe Helen's blood simply heals much more quickly. Maybe her DNA helps fight off infections, diseases and helps speed up recoveries from battle wounds. However I don't think she is immortal. She just lages really slowly. If she is shot in the heart or some other wounds that are life threatening to normal people I think she would succumb to the same wounds. That's just my thoughts and guesses. Looking forward to learning more.

Comment

Happy Birthday (today) to Emilie Ullerup!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  Happy Birthday (today) to Emilie Ullerup!

Oooh Happy Birthday Emilie!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    here's a question: can helen die?
                    As I think others have said, I think Helen is long-lived but not immortal, so I think she can die if she has physical wounds or an illness that are severe enough.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    Yep, like the Elves in LotR:

Spoiler:
                    Although they are immortal, they can die from injury. That's why it was such a sacrfice for them to agree to go to war.
                    Yay a LOTR reference! (huge fan here, as you can tell by my user name and location. )

Spoiler:
                    Elves can also die from heartache, I doubt that'll ever happen to Helen.

It's great to see Sanctuary getting good ratings on its second week. I wonder, what's the earliest they might find out if they're getting picked up for another season? After the 5th or 6th episode maybe, or closer to the end of the season?

sigpic

Comment

As for Helen's life span & the Druitt line from the first ep, majorsal: I interpret as
                      Spoiler:
                      Helen is slow aging but could be killed. Druitt meant that he couldn't threaten her, because he needed something from her. If he killed her, he couldn't get it.

Comment

Thanks for the input... I was trying to figure the whole canon thing 'cause they've used a lot of the footage from the webisodes, which I think is pretty cool. Apparently they're going to bring them out on the DVDs eventually. I guess you take them as separate and whatever they want to bring in they will.
                        Has Ashley actually found out yet? I can't quite figure that out....

Also, to ann_sgcfan; i think the thing with the blood that because Magnus doesn't age, there's some property in her system having to do with renewal of cells/DNA. Every time Druitt teleports, he damages his DNA and causes more mutations and destabilizations, which is what made him do a nutty in the first place.... That was my interpretation at least... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          So, is 1.6 good in general?? Like, get a season 2 pick up good? Or is there more to it, than these ratings??
                          that's what i'm wondering about too! i want more sanctuary and MORE HELEN, so bring on a season 2!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for 'sanctuary for all' -

Originally posted by Naddy View Post
                            Has Ashley actually found out yet? I can't quite figure that out....
                            Spoiler:
                            speaking of ashley and finding out; i wonder how this is going to effect her relationship with her mom when she does? we've been shown that they're close, but i have a feeling this is going to seriously tick ashley off when she not only finds out who dad is, but that her mom kept this HUGE secret from her for all these years.

i'm looking forward to the angst!

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              spoilers for 'sanctuary for all' -

Spoiler:
                              speaking of ashley and finding out; i wonder how this is going to effect her relationship with her mom when she does? we've been shown that they're close, but i have a feeling this is going to seriously tick ashley off when she not only finds out who dad is, but that her mom kept this HUGE secret from her for all these years.

i'm looking forward to the angst!

I think it could possibly tick her off, but she seems like the type that would be mad at first, but understand the reasoning. I think she'd probably be more ticked that Will knew and has known. Heck, if/when/once she finds out, she might feel better off having never known.

I can only imagine it's just a matter of time before the truth comes out. It seems like that's the direction it's heading in, for this info to eventually be to revealed to her.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                                I think it could possibly tick her off, but she seems like the type that would be mad at first, but understand the reasoning. I think she'd probably be more ticked that Will knew and has known. Heck, if/when/once she finds out, she might feel better off having never known.

I can only imagine it's just a matter of time before the truth comes out. It seems like that's the direction it's heading in, for this info to eventually be to revealed to her.
                                it's helen's reaction to ashley's anger that's got me the most excited/interested. i just KNOW amanda's going to play this great!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X