Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
    I caught on that one too. Does she think for some reason that she will die in the near future (which would be in Will's life time). And why not leave her work to Ashly...

As for Will and his feelings I was wondering the same thing, although it comes and goes in a sense that in one ep we see him a little tense with Ashly and in another with Helen... though I'm more inclined to think Will has more of a respectful feeling's towards Helen then anything else.

About what was running through Helen's mind, I couldn't help it to think it brought on some true feelings about her existence.
    Spoiler:
    When she says how terrible existence it is (or something like that), and that no body should live (or lives) forever... it's sad and ominous.

Like you said, many questions, and that's part of the charm... waiting for answers.
    Spoiler:
    She has probably always been concerned about what would happen to her work if something happened to her. She deals with a lot of dangerous creatures. I think she is feeling secure enough in the people around her now to let them know that she would like them to continue the work without her if necessary. I don't think she necessarily feels that she is coming to the end of her life soon. Of course, maybe there's something we don't know yet.

I found it quite interesting that on the one hand she was expressing her feelings of being "tired" of living, i.e. all the pain and loneliness she's endured over the years. Yet, when it came right down to it, she obviously is not ready to die yet. I think right now in her life, she's in a good place. She has Ashley and a group of good people around her. And I think she realized in that final moment that those things are still very important to her.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Okay I totally just watched Requiem for the second time....
      Totally *squeeing* the whole time.... That acting was just frelling amazing....

*running off to watch a third time before I comment further*

Best ep yet IMHO hands down.....
      Probably some of AT's best work ever.....
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

'requiem'

(we have an ep discussion thread, if anyone doesn't know)

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        Spoiler:

I found it quite interesting that on the one hand she was expressing her feelings of being "tired" of living, i.e. all the pain and loneliness she's endured over the years. Yet, when it came right down to it, she obviously is not ready to die yet. I think right now in her life, she's in a good place. She has Ashley and a group of good people around her. And I think she realized in that final moment that those things are still very important to her.
        Spoiler:
        anyone that knows me, i've been dreading them killing off helen (like they did with 'xena') so she could be free of the curse, but your words give me comfort.

~if/when the curse is lifted, i'd like to see helen go off with either ashley or ashley and druit (who's curse is lifted too), and live out a normal life for the rest of her natural life. *that* would be a fitting end to this journey for helen, which is just resuming her before-the-curse life with the ppl that she loves. yes, i'm a sap. ~
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!

That was freaking AMAZING.

My favourite part was the
          Spoiler:
          look of glee on her face as she looks up to see the fire Will is trying to put out. Bad Helen!

I for one am glad that Helen uses her powers for good.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!

That was freaking AMAZING.

My favourite part was the
            Spoiler:
            look of glee on her face as she looks up to see the fire Will is trying to put out. Bad Helen!

I for one am glad that Helen uses her powers for good.
            Me too!!!
            I posted this over in the Sanctuary forums...so cross posting as I'm tired today from a very long weekend...and no..I didn't even get a drink!! Just Christmas party season and working! Oh...and staying up til 2am waiting for teenage daughter to return from work Christmas party!
            On with the show!!!
            I watched it first thing this morning but then I had to go to work...so I was late from watching the ep but I couldn't be that late to post about it...sorry!
            I think the team out did themselves. I don't know how they are going to better this one. Requiem certainly did not disappoint. I wish I could describe how I felt or what I truly thought about it without it sounding corny! I loved it.
            Amanda was just awesome. No single word can accurately describe Amanda's performance in this ep.
            Robin...OMG...I have such a new respect for Robin. It's just grows all the time!
            My favourite scene...
            Spoiler:
            well I actually have a few favourite scenes but the whole scene where Helen dies...OMG...AMAZING!!
            And when Helen is fixing the valve thingy and she's got this evil smile...ahhhh!!
            The scene where Will is reviving Helen...it ended to quickly but it was fantastic!

Every time there is a brilliant episode no matter what the show, it always ends to quickly for me...but that's showbiz...I know they have time constraints but...OMG...Requiem has got to rate the highest for the season.
            Amanda and Robin both deserve top honours for their performances in this ep.
            I don't think I can praise the whole team at Sanctuary, high enough.
            It was brilliant...just bloody brilliant!
            Last edited by Chelle DB; 06 December 2008, 10:35 PM.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oooh...should also mention that it was cool to finally get an official age for Ashley...
              Spoiler:
              23!
              Cool! Can someone do the math please...I'm seriously not functioning at full capacity here!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

The age sort of makes sense in a way...

Spoiler:
                They've kept Magnus at 157, so kept Ashley at 23. Last year, we worked out that the first test tube babies were born in 1984ish and the most popular girl's name in 1984 was Ashley, so we sort of placed that year as her birth year, making her 23. Now it's 2008, that puts it a little out of synch, but no more out of synch than it puts Helen's timeline, really. A year changes a heck of a lot. Plus it was just nice and neat to have her born in 1850.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!

Does this describe my frustration?

I mentioned last week that the sound on the repeat showing of Sanctuary For All (Part 2) was wonky. I wasn't concerned because I assumed it was an abberation and I had seen the episode. After waiting two weeks for a new episode and greatly anticipating Requiem, it happened again! Also, it seems I am the only one affected. Mandy and Rocky would see it on Movie Central's sister station, The Movie Network, and seem to have had no problem. Naddy, do you get MC or did you see it by some other means?

Reading your comments on how wonderful the episode was only frustrates me more (although I'm happy for you all) because the fact that I could barely hear the dialogue and in some cases could not hear it all ruined it for me.

Complaining (but polite) e-mails and telephone messages have been sent. I hope they will fix the problem before tomorrow night's rebroadcast.

EDIT: OK, had to edit this as apparently my frustration was stretching the page! Sorry.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

i have copies of all the eps on dvd or my dvd recorder. It's an easy matter to make a disc and toss them in the mail if anyone needs them
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Future Of SciFi Is... The Internet?

"Howe and his team are pushing online as well and view the cable channel as just part of the hard-wiring needed to get today's sci-fi and fantasy fans. Sci Fi is now working on a project for a 2010 premiere that Howe calls "the Holy Grail": The channel is teaming television writers with video-game designers to create a franchise that is both a television series and a massive multi-player game on the Internet — more than that, the fans who play the game will actually help shape the show's story arc"

http://io9.com/5103542/the-future-of...s-the-internet

---------------------------

That just SCREAMS to me Sanctuary. Damian, Amanda, and Martin's original image was to create an interactive... thingy on the web as well. Last I heard, Caprica as gotten nixed (or is on hold), and Stargate Worlds was in development long before Universe was announce. While I don't doubt that Worlds may have an expansion some time after it's release relating to Universe, it's just not the kind of game that the article is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i have copies of all the eps on dvd or my dvd recorder. It's an easy matter to make a disc and toss them in the mail if anyone needs them
                        A big THANK YOU to Sky and to all those who have pm'd me offering their help but I'm hoping the station will correct the problem before Monday's or Friday's rebroadcasts so I can join you all in the "Requiem Admiration Society". I appreciate all the kindness.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

maybe, maybe not.

maybe they just took the IDEA and ran with it

stuff like that happens all the time.

for example, we had a guy at work that wanted to take our organization into the 21st century and try to update the image and be more accessible to the public. I suggested VBulletin to one person, as an idea of 'this is something you can do that is controllable, affordable and accessible'

now we're going to launch an online community, using different stuff but with the whole 'communicating with the public' idea....so i made a suggestion, someone kicked it up the chain, something different but similar is put into place...and the (potential, since i'll never have confirmation) originator of the idea isn't mentioned.

I'm not saying it won't or can't be sanctuary. Maybe it is. and it'd be cool if it is. However, it's just as likely that someone in skiffy's chain of command saw what S3M was trying to do, took the idea, tweaked it and ran with it, and will make something totally new, likely something that they own in its entirety not something they have to buy from someone else

we don't know and it's way too early to know or do anything about it, what will happen, will happen.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yay I just watched the first ep (or first 2) of Sanctuary ... finally Liked it a lot. So good to see Amanda again. It was only after it was over that I remembered that a lot of the reviews said it was too slow paced.

Favourite moment was
                            Spoiler:
                            when Helen was talking to John after she gave him her "blood" and she got tears in her eyes ... "forgive me, John" ... very powerful.
                            I'm so spoiled for everything, that I sometimes missed the subtle nuances of things you are not supposed to know, like
                            Spoiler:
                            realising Ashley is John's daughter.

So, I'm looking forward to watching the next episodes, I think I have time for at least one more tonight
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              maybe, maybe not.

maybe they just took the IDEA and ran with it

stuff like that happens all the time.

for example, we had a guy at work that wanted to take our organization into the 21st century and try to update the image and be more accessible to the public. I suggested VBulletin to one person, as an idea of 'this is something you can do that is controllable, affordable and accessible'

now we're going to launch an online community, using different stuff but with the whole 'communicating with the public' idea....so i made a suggestion, someone kicked it up the chain, something different but similar is put into place...and the (potential, since i'll never have confirmation) originator of the idea isn't mentioned.

I'm not saying it won't or can't be sanctuary. Maybe it is. and it'd be cool if it is. However, it's just as likely that someone in skiffy's chain of command saw what S3M was trying to do, took the idea, tweaked it and ran with it, and will make something totally new, likely something that they own in its entirety not something they have to buy from someone else

we don't know and it's way too early to know or do anything about it, what will happen, will happen.
                              As far as I know, SciFi can't do jack with Sanctuary without S1's permission. What else could it be? Like I said, Caprica is dead in the water as of now, and it would be smart to do it with a show that's a proven success (yeah yeah, first season isn't over, but you get my point). Not to mention Damian and others have had this sort of thing cooking in their heads for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                                The Future Of SciFi Is... The Internet?

"Howe and his team are pushing online as well and view the cable channel as just part of the hard-wiring needed to get today's sci-fi and fantasy fans. Sci Fi is now working on a project for a 2010 premiere that Howe calls "the Holy Grail": The channel is teaming television writers with video-game designers to create a franchise that is both a television series and a massive multi-player game on the Internet — more than that, the fans who play the game will actually help shape the show's story arc"

http://io9.com/5103542/the-future-of...s-the-internet

---------------------------

That just SCREAMS to me Sanctuary. Damian, Amanda, and Martin's original image was to create an interactive... thingy on the web as well. Last I heard, Caprica as gotten nixed (or is on hold), and Stargate Worlds was in development long before Universe was announce. While I don't doubt that Worlds may have an expansion some time after it's release relating to Universe, it's just not the kind of game that the article is talking about.
                                Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                                As far as I know, SciFi can't do jack with Sanctuary without S1's permission. What else could it be? Like I said, Caprica is dead in the water as of now, and it would be smart to do it with a show that's a proven success (yeah yeah, first season isn't over, but you get my point). Not to mention Damian and others have had this sort of thing cooking in their heads for some time now.
                                Hey Falcon, I don't want to rain on your parade but I wouldn't get too excited if I was you because :
                                1. it's SciFi Channel (and caution is ALWAYS warranted with anything they say)
                                2. Caprica was greenlighted for a 20 ep season
                                3. I'm with Sky, Skiffy could have simply stolen the idea and ran with it
                                4. good MMO's take a hell of a lot longer than a year to come to fruition

Now, it is possible it's Sanctuary but I'd wait to hear from Damian & Co first before getting too excited. Whilst I'd dearly love it to be Sanctuary; having Skiffy bankroll it really does make me worry. It's more likely to be their own series (read BSG/Caprica or maybe something else??) than something another party has the rights to. Though it is possible the peeps at Sanctuary 1 might give up some rights to get the idea rolling and some cash flow coming in. Who knows??

I'll wait for word from the Sanctuary 1 crew before I get excited.

However, it was good to see Howe pointing out Sanctuary in the article (the original LA Times one).
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X