Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's a question: can helen die?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Only time will tell...

Yay for ironic puns!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        here's a question: can helen die?
        I would think so.

She might live to be incredibly old (far older than 157), but she would die of old age eventually. Even turtles, elephants and parrots die of old age, and those are some of the longest living animal species.

And I wouldn't think she is totally free of dying from trauma or extreme illness either. She's just been lucky so far.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

why does something so simple make such a squee worthy moment?
          Because it's the simple lines that sometimes have the most impact. *nods*

Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            I would think so.

She might live to be incredibly old (far older than 157), but she would die of old age eventually. Even turtles, elephants and parrots die of old age, and those are some of the longest living animal species.

And I wouldn't think she is totally free of dying from trauma or extreme illness either. She's just been lucky so far.

Morjana
            Yeah I agree... I think she can die of accidents and maybe illnesses. I don't think she is imortal, just ages really slowly.

Comment

Yep, like the Elves in LotR:

Spoiler:
              Although they are immortal, they can die from injury. That's why it was such a sacrfice for them to agree to go to war.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by majorsal
                here's a question: can helen die?[/

Good question majorsal

I believe given by what we have seen so far she can get hurt like the rest of us but i reckon her prolonged life would have altered her DNA slightley in a way that given the severity of the wound it could heal fast or slower but if Helen could could die i reckon it would have to due to a major event occuring the same way she recived her long life.
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Exactly, especially considering
                  Spoiler:
                  the cuts and scrapes on her in Kush.
                  Jenni

Comment

regarding my question on whether helen could die - (spoilers for 'sanctuary for all')

Spoiler:
                    after druit had taken ashley away and came back to helen, he ended up saying to helen that he couldn't very well threaten her herself... that gave me the impression that he couldn't hurt (physically?) helen, so skipped even trying and went to her other vulnerability, ashley.

but i might have heard/interpreted it wrong.

sally

sigpic

Comment

regarding my question on whether helen could die - (spoilers for 'sanctuary for all')

Spoiler:
                      after druit had taken ashley away and came back to helen, he ended up saying to helen that he couldn't very well threaten her herself... that gave me the impression that he couldn't hurt (physically?) helen, so skipped even trying and went to her other vulnerability, ashley.

Spoiler:
                      I thought that just meant that the worst thing druitt could do to her was hurt ashley. Like magnus wouldn't have cared as much if he beat her up physically or whatever, so long as ashley was safe.

Comment

SGA/Sanctuary - SciFi Wire: Ratings for 'The Lost Tribe' & "Fata Morgana':

At SciFi Wire:

Top Ten SciFi Channel Shows

Ghost Hunters---------------2.0
                        Sanctuary-----------------1.6 - Fata Morgana
                        Stargate Atlantis----------1.5

Destination Truth------------1.4
                        Crazy Eights----------------1.2
                        Lake Dead------------------1.2
                        ECW------------------------1.2
                        Swamp Devil----------------1.1
                        Needful Things--------------1.0
                        Never Cry Werewolf---------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 10/6/08 to 10/12/08

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

which means, one way to interpret it, people are literally changing the channel at 9pm to watch it, or watching it and then turning the channel away from sga

bad for sga(although it's a moot point now) but good for sanctuary, if the ratings continue and hold steady

the 1.6 is on par with the average ratings of that night. it's good for them
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            I thought that line was put in because if he were to kill her, Druitt would die sooner.

Comment

So, is 1.6 good in general?? Like, get a season 2 pick up good? Or is there more to it, than these ratings??
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Re: Kush. I thought this was a well done episode. You had
                                Spoiler:
                                the sealed room mystery thing going on along with the scifi "what is real?" thing playing with our characters. Good Helen moments--always key for me. They brought Ashley into it in an appropriate way for the ep.

ETA: ^ my favorite part of that quote was
                                Spoiler:
                                Rule Britannia.
                                I thought that was very Helen.

I still miss
                                Spoiler:
                                Scone?

I was rofl with that line.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!