Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I'm in the UK and have only seen the first hour, I can say that I do like it. The colour is much better than the webisodes, they where very dark, and I like that they have fleshed Will out already.

Not sure about Helen's outfits, I prefered the webi ones. I liked what they did with it, although I did miss David H's character, and the scene when the talks to Helen and they have the "prey tell" conversation. Is that still in there in the 2nd hour? Sorry habven't read through the previous pages yet.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, it would appear that Sanctuary isn't available to watch on the ITV website via its Catch Up service.

Am I surprised? No.

Am I angry? YES!
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Well, it would appear that Sanctuary isn't available to watch on the ITV website via its Catch Up service.

Am I surprised? No.

Am I angry? YES!
        Hey BruTak I found this link www.itv.com/CatchUp/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=28136

Hope that helps.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          Hey BruTak I found this link www.itv.com/CatchUp/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=28136

Hope that helps.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          Nope.

Anyone else got any bright ideas?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Nope.

Anyone else got any bright ideas?
            You have to be in the UK to watch ITV4 online. Although I did see where the video was playable, jut couldn't watch it because I am not in the UK.

Hulu has it available for a few more day.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
              I have a suggestion -- perhaps a proposal, or hey, a mission ...

NEXT Wednesday, Oct. 8, I propose that everyone at approximately the
              same time -- say, 1pm ET -- go to Yahoo, and type in:

Sounds like a great idea! Have we settled on a time?

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              *sighs* Okay...I've watched the first hour of the 2-part première episode of Sanctuary. I'm only posting now because I wanted to wait a bit just to let the episode settle in and think back over it and how I was during it.

I'm sorry I need to be honest with myself and all of you and with Amanda if she's reading but...it failed to grab me. There was nothing interesting enough. I was waiting for something big, shocking, new, and bold that set it apart from other things I've seen and it just didn't deliver. It wasn't pushing any boundaries. I'm so sorry and so disappointed. I built myself in to such a high state of excitement in the build-up to Sanctuary...and I feel like I've come down even harder from that high. It hurts to say all that because I love and respect Amanda and all of her work and to be saying so many negative things...I don't like that. I don't like doing this at all. I always like to try and find the best in anyone and anything and build up the confidence or respect...but I can't find anything with Sanctuary

No worries. Honest, polite, differing opinions are part of what make forums, forums!!

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Some ratings news :

VIEWERS SEEK 'SANCTUARY' ON SCI FI

#1 Program Among Adults 25-54

2.7 Million Tune In For Series Premiere

WOOHOO!!!!!

How great is that!!!!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              I think you have a good point there. To some degree it seemed slow to me too, in part b/c I knew a lot of the setup from the webisodes. But it was different enough to keep me going.
              I agree. Seeing the webisodes helped and hurt the premeire-watching process for me. I kept comparing (tried not to, but couldn't avoid it).

Graphics were phenomenal.
              Spoiler:
              I missed DH's and DeLuise's characters.
              I wish some of the webisode dialogue was still in there, since it helped the story for me.

I'll be keen on the brand new stories, so I can react to them without any comparisons.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              you know, those that see it in 2 1 hour blocks might see things differently than those of us that gotta see it in one huge chunk

part 1 is slower, in fact, for every multiparter i've seen on sg1 or sga, part 1 is 90% set up for the payoff in part 2.

it is almost like you're seeing two different shows
              Good point.

I read in one of the reviews or comments, and I can't recall which, that the one hour format will be a faster pace since they have to set up, have a crisis, and resolve in one hour.
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                You have to be in the UK to watch ITV4 online.
                I'm in Scotland, which was still part of the UK last time I looked.
                sigpic

Comment

Then you should be able to watch it ... contact them... Unless you have an ISP address showing you in a different area.

Comment

I'll try it again, see what happens.

ETA - It works, kind of... Stop start, stop start, buffering, stop start... Christ on a bike...

ETA (again) - Desperate Jesus! Is this really the best that ITV can do with their website? Stop start, stop start, jerk, shudder.

To paraphrase Hayseed Dixie - "That's it. I quit. I ain't takin' this crap no more." I'm waiting for the DVDs. Thank you and goodnight.
                    Last edited by BruTak; 07 October 2008, 08:11 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      *sighs* Okay...I've watched the first hour of the 2-part première episode of Sanctuary. I'm only posting now because I wanted to wait a bit just to let the episode settle in and think back over it and how I was during it.

I'm sorry I need to be honest with myself and all of you and with Amanda if she's reading but...it failed to grab me. There was nothing interesting enough. I was waiting for something big, shocking, new, and bold that set it apart from other things I've seen and it just didn't deliver. It wasn't pushing any boundaries. I'm so sorry and so disappointed. I built myself in to such a high state of excitement in the build-up to Sanctuary...and I feel like I've come down even harder from that high. It hurts to say all that because I love and respect Amanda and all of her work and to be saying so many negative things...I don't like that. I don't like doing this at all. I always like to try and find the best in anyone and anything and build up the confidence or respect...but I can't find anything with Sanctuary

I really think that if Amanda wasn't in this I don't think I'd be tuning in for Part 2. It's good to see Amanda back on TV. I am forced to ask myself "is one person, no matter how amazing Amanda is, enough?"

You can RED me now if you all like. I know I'd RED myself if I could.
                      I greened you as well. I'm with the others, not everyone is going to like every show. Some didn't like Sam in Atlantis even though they loved the character and Amanda. I was happy just to see more Sam. On the other hand, as much as I love Amanda, I wasn't one of the fans who purchased Stuck as I did not think I would like her in that film. If we all thought exactly the same the world would be a very boring place. Unless, of course, everyone thought like me and then the world would be great!

I would also suggest you give it more of a chance as you have indicated you would. I agree with the comments that a lot of the premiere was (necessarily) set up for what is to come. Also, I think you were at a disadvantage in seeing only the first part. Hardly any Helen/Amanda and no Helen/Druitt interaction. I saw parts of a couple of early episodes of SG1 and it didn't grab me enough to watch. I started watching regularly in season 4 and discovered I loved the show. Had to wait years to see the earlier episodes and found I loved them as well. Kept kicking myself for not giving it a chance earlier.

In the end, if you've watched a number of episodes and it is still not your thing, so be it. It's not wrong. It's not bad. It is what it is. We know you will continue to be an Amanda fan and that you will always wish her success. We will also continue to enjoy your wonderful posts in other threads.

By the way, if you don't become a regular Sanctuary watcher, take heart. Since you aren't in the U.S. your lack of viewership will not hurt the show. I the end, the only ratings that really count are the Scifi ones. (I don't count either as I'm in Canada)

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      Some ratings news :

VIEWERS SEEK 'SANCTUARY' ON SCI FI

#1 Program Among Adults 25-54

2.7 Million Tune In For Series Premiere
                      Speaking of the ratings, woohoo! Great to hear!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

For anyone who is interested the whole 2 hours of Sanctuary that we got in the U.S. is shown on IMDB
                        http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1098186777/

Sorry for the repeat if someone else already posted this.
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

It works for me.
                          Perhaps us folk in the east of the country have the magic touch.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll try it again, see what happens.

ETA - It works, kind of... Stop start, stop start, buffering, stop start... Christ on a bike...

ETA (again) - Desperate Jesus! Is this really the best that ITV can do with their website? Stop start, stop start, jerk, shudder.

To paraphrase Hayseed Dixie - "That's it. I quit. I ain't takin' this crap no more." I'm waiting for the DVDs. Thank you and goodnight.
                            Language check on the Jesus stuff, please. Some of us in here are rather fond of Him.

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                            As I'm in the UK and have only seen the first hour, I can say that I do like it. The colour is much better than the webisodes, they where very dark, and I like that they have fleshed Will out already.

Not sure about Helen's outfits, I prefered the webi ones. I liked what they did with it, although I did miss David H's character, and the scene when the talks to Helen and they have the "prey tell" conversation. Is that still in there in the 2nd hour? Sorry habven't read through the previous pages yet.
                            Spoiler:
                            yes, it's in there, but she doesn't say "Pray Tell" anymore. Thank goodness.

Did you guys write Amanda messages about the premiere?
                            Last edited by Bekah See; 07 October 2008, 08:55 AM.
                            sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                              Language check, please.
                              I apologise. But I'm still damnned angry.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post

Did you guys write Amanda messages about the premiere?
                                Yea, I sent mine via Amanda's website AT.com
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X