Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tagger View Post
    Tep posted this over on the Sanctuary forums. A Sanctuary promo from Triconfilms:

http://www.triconfilms.com/sanctuary/

Thank you Tep and tagger for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      Ooooh, interesting. Nice that it's available on a free channel as opposed to Sky.
      Agreed ! I'm all for the free channels .
      (Ok ,I know they're ad-supported,but so is Sky ,and it costs me about £22 a month to make sure I can watch the newer shows like SGA and BSG etc .)

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Not exactly what you'd call "mainstream" though, is it?
      Not yet,but there is a better chance of Sanctuary prospering if it doesn't have to compete against the bigger shows on Sky .Hopefully promotion on the other ITV channels will get the word out to watch Sanctuary too.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Very interesting! I've never watched ITV 4 before, can't wait! I hope we don't have to wait to long though, I wonder if it will air at the same time (or almost) as the US? That would be great!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      My son's watched football on ITV4 several times ,and it seems to be a thriving station .
      Here's hoping for an autumn release on both sides of the "Pond".
      I think Skiffy will want first viewing ,but there might only be a few days gap ,like the one between Skiffy and Sky when they air SG and BSG .
      *Crosses fingers*
      Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
      Thank you Tep and tagger for the link.
      Adding my thanks too.

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
      Hi everyone

Sorry if this has already been posted. There is an interview with Amanda Tapping about Sanctuary in the new issue of SFX which I think is out on the 9th of April in the UK. Just to let you all know.

sg
      Thanks for the "heads up",sg !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

they might realize that, if they keep the gap short - such as a week or two between first runs in the uk and us, then piracy dwindles to nothing. (except those that just won't wait)

the downloading goes up when we start talking weeks and months between first runs
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Exactly, piracy thrives because of no international uniformity in run times. Obviously we cant expect all countries to get the show at the same time, but within a week or two of each other in all the major ones (most of Europe, USA, Canada, Australia etc) then that would cut down piracy considerable. The main cuase of piracy IMO is not people unwilling to pay, its people unwilling to wait to pay for something they could get for free weeks beforehand. Thats the issue.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Agreed.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I remember a few years ago the third Matrix film was released in the UK and US at the same time to try and counter piracy.
              sigpic

Comment

a few years ago, skiffy held back the second half of the season - or maybe it was showtime - because they wanted to premiere jerimiah and use sg1 to promote it.

well 911 happened and they decided to hold back on a post apocalyptic show untl march

i'm on dialup. the downloads were 35 megs and took 5-6 hours and were cruddy quality, but i did it. because i didn't wnat to wait THREE MONTHS to see the show all because slowtime tried to manipulate for ratings

and that was one of the years that the mpaa was going nuts trying to crack down on it all,....and none of them would even consider hte fact that if they just timed the releases closer we wouldn't have messed with it

the studios are creating a lot of the piracy issues and they're doing it by delaying releases at the same time they flood the world wide market place iwth 'see it now' ads

they can't have it both ways.

this is something that sanctuary folks saw and knew and i hope something that gets to skiffy. they can dominate the world wide market if they just have an open mind and stop fussing over invisible lines
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

An interviewer left a link to his recent 3 part interview with Damain Kindler. It's Damian's thoughts and comments on writing. I enjoyed the interview and gives you an insight into his mindset and some thoughts on the genre.

Here is part 1 of 3 in a weekly series (next week will be part 2)
                  http://www.cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=796

The interviewers post on Sanctuary
                  http://forum.sanctuaryfans.com/showt...0374#post40374
                  Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 09 April 2008, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                    An interviewer left a link to his recent 3 part interview with Damain Kindler. It's Damian's thoughts and comments on writing. I enjoyed the interview and gives you an insight into his mindset and some thoughts on the genre.

Here is part 1 of 3 in a weekly series (next week will be part 2)
                    http://www.cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=796

The interviewers post on Sanctuary
                    http://forum.sanctuaryfans.com/showt...0374#post40374

Thank you. I giggled with the
                    Spoiler:
                    babe scientists question.

Comment

HI EVERYONE (WAVES)

I'm just dropping in a preview of a story i'm writting it's a bit dark , hope you like there will be more soon so stay tuned i have also put it up at the Sanctuary forum under fanfic's

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One dark cold misty night within the old city, Helen walked alone along the dimly lit streets the air was damp the cool air brought a chill to her spine memories flooded back to her of that fatefull night in 1888 she had so wanted to keep boath john and his victum alive but she had failed she had lost him , deep in thought Helen turned the corner only after a few moment's did she reconise the familyer sound of a cane hitting the pavement Helen stopped she didnt turn around the noise of the cane stopped

Hello Helen
                      John

Druitt looked at Helen she didnt face him Druitt smiled an evil smile to himself he tolke a step closer to her Helen heard his cane hit pavement it stopped not far behined her

You look wounderfull Helen
                      Stop this John ,why are you here ? you got what you wanted
                      Indeed i have Helen
                      You have won John you have taken all that i love that i cared for i only have my work know
                      As it should be Helen, know there is someone who wishes to see you

Just then in a blue green flash Ashley appeared infront Helen , Ashley looked at her mother stroking a blade similer to Druitt's she was full of anger , Druitt watched on with smile on his face

Ashley
                      stop with the niceities mom good old dad here has shown me everything
                      Ashley please do not do this
                      do it Ashley every word she speak's is a lie , do it , DO IT KNOW !
                      I love you Ashley do with me what you wish ,what you feel you must do

Ashley walked over toward's Helen she had her weapon ready Druitt watched on facinated with what was to come , Ashley in a flash was behined Helen she held the blade to her throat

Sorry mom times up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      To be continued
                      sigpic
                      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                        HI EVERYONE (WAVES)

I'm just dropping in a preview of a story i'm writting it's a bit dark , hope you like there will be more soon so stay tuned i have also put it up at the Sanctuary forum under fanfic's

Spoiler:

One dark cold misty night within the old city, Helen walked alone along the dimly lit streets the air was damp the cool air brought a chill to her spine memories flooded back to her of that fatefull night in 1888 she had so wanted to keep boath john and his victum alive but she had failed she had lost him , deep in thought Helen turned the corner only after a few moment's did she reconise the familyer sound of a cane hitting the pavement Helen stopped she didnt turn around the noise of the cane stopped

Hello Helen
                        John

Druitt looked at Helen she didnt face him Druitt smiled an evil smile to himself he tolke a step closer to her Helen heard his cane hit pavement it stopped not far behined her

You look wounderfull Helen
                        Stop this John ,why are you here ? you got what you wanted
                        Indeed i have Helen
                        You have won John you have taken all that i love that i cared for i only have my work know
                        As it should be Helen, know there is someone who wishes to see you

Just then in a blue green flash Ashley appeared infront Helen , Ashley looked at her mother stroking a blade similer to Druitt's she was full of anger , Druitt watched on with smile on his face

Ashley
                        stop with the niceities mom good old dad here has shown me everything
                        Ashley please do not do this
                        do it Ashley every word she speak's is a lie , do it , DO IT KNOW !
                        I love you Ashley do with me what you wish ,what you feel you must do

Ashley walked over toward's Helen she had her weapon ready Druitt watched on facinated with what was to come , Ashley in a flash was behined Helen she held the blade to her throat

Sorry mom times up

To be continued
                        Hi helen, looks interesting but you really shold spell check a fic before posting it, and if possible get a beta reader to check it for the stuff a spell checker won't pick up. There are a lot of spelling mistakes in the first few paragraphs which will turn people off reading further.
                        Becks

Comment

The 2nd part of Damian Kindler's interview is now up
                          Exclusive Interview: Creating a Sanctuary for All
                          http://www.cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=818

the 3rd part will be up next week.

Here a sample (one question) from the article:
                          Spoiler:

Michael Simpson: Was it a conscious decision to write the lead role as a woman?

Damian Kindler: Yes, because the spine of the show, which is to not fear, to overcome fear and to seek out knowledge without the need to exploit, is a kind of a harmonic journey that I think Magnus is on. She’s seeking knowledge and she’s seeking understanding and she’s seeking a cure for her own condition. She has a condition which is incurable and she doesn’t seek power, and that puts her out of joint with a lot of people who would behave in certain ways with access to the things she has access to. I don’t want to punish her for having a healthy ego or a sexual appetite or any of that. I think that she should have the same rules apply to her character as any leading man, and I think that’s a unique approach. I feel very strongly about it. And I don’t think Amanda Tapping would be that interested in playing the role if she was this woman who had to pay the price for her powers much. I think she has to deal with a lot of crap from people who want power and are powerful. But they’re the bad guys. As far as the female cop who is busting her way up through the ranks, that is not the story. This is a woman who’s deliberately, for a long time, been working outside the system and created her own system, and can never reintegrate back into society because she has created her own way of living. I think that’s interesting. I think a lot of people like that power and strength of character. She is unto herself. No matter how hard, or lonely or difficult that journey is, that’s the journey she’s on, and that’s a bit unique to the way shows are set up.
                          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 15 April 2008, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Charity Buzz: Lunch with Amanda Tapping on the Set of Sanctuary Auction:

From Charity Buzz an auction to benefit Waterkeeper Alliance
                            Earth Day Auction includes Lunch with Amanda Tapping on the Set of Sanctuary:

https://auction01.charitybuzz.com/se...&order=default

Auction ends: Apr 29, 2008

Lunch with Amanda Tapping on the set of Sanctuary in Vancouver. Valid
                            for 2 people for one year, based on availability.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

i dont know how much it was in here already discussed (i just found this thread by accident ) but...

anyone knows something in here about season 2?

Comment

What was shown on the web was the pilot. Which I know confused a lot of people because it was eight webisodes and some articles referred to it as season 1. The first full season will be 13 episodes (each 42 minutes) and it will air on TV and may still be on the internet this fall. Not sure of the exact date... I'm sure the closer it gets to the fall the more we will hear. Hopefully that answers your questions

And thanks morjana for the charity link!

Comment

Working...
                                X