Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I always remain skepetic until SyFy gives an offical press release. That said I doubt its false
    that's exactly how i'm taking this. i want this to be true, but until it's past the, "Yes, all you abnormals-loving viewers, "Sanctuary" likely will be back for a fourth season, presumably in Fall 2011" stage, i'll hold off celebrating until i know for sure.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if any of the delays are because Amanda is still here in Oz?? I think she's leaving here soon but maybe they're just waiting for her to return home to finalise the details etc. Just a thought.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

that's entirely possible. or they're waiting for her to come back, talk to M and D and decide if they like skiffy's offer, so the phone call can be made and papers signed
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          I wonder if any of the delays are because Amanda is still here in Oz?? I think she's leaving here soon but maybe they're just waiting for her to return home to finalise the details etc. Just a thought.
          i wondered if she was still there.

maybe they want to see how the mid season ratings do? who knows...
          sally

sigpic

Comment

ratings are a possibility, but i think it likely has a lot to do with one of hte exec producers being unavailable

sigpic

Comment

i think sanctuary will definately be renewed and i think the official announcement will happen after the midseason finale.
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

As sure as I am about the renewal, a little concern I have in the back of my head is the renewal episode number. I'm sooooo hoping it stays at 20 episodes, because to me they've earned a full episode season, and 13 episodes would seem like a step down.

Look at V for example, they had a 13 episode order, and it was cut down to 10.
                Last edited by Rocky89; 15 December 2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

i'm not worried. Sanctuary has performed better than other shows, and given its smaller budget, it likely has a lower 'acceptable' ratings level than other shows.

i can see it getting another 20 episode order

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    As sure as I am about the renewal, a little concern I have in the back of my head is the renewal episode number. I'm sooooo hoping it stays at 20 episodes, because to me they've earned a full episode season, and 13 episodes would seem like a step down to me.

Look at V for example, they had a 13 episode order, and it was cut down to 10.
                    I'm sort of thinking that since Syfy had enough interest/confidence/whatever in Sanctuary to boost the number of episodes to 20, and it has been doing so well, it would be pretty silly to reduce the number of episodes - at least until they see how the rest of the season plays out. So I'm going with the notion that they'll stick with 20 episodes. What can I say? I'm trying to just be positive about stuff these days.

Comment

i feel, WHEN it's renewed (), it'll be with 20 eps. i feel their ratings are good enough to allow that ep amount again.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        ratings are a possibility, but i think it likely has a lot to do with one of hte exec producers being unavailable
                        Hmmm...I wonder who that could be???
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Damian that slacker

sigpic

Comment

Damian that slacker

can't wait for the official confirmation! so exciting
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

One would think for something like this, they would all be able to contact each other easily to discuss the matter, and that they would have powers of attorney for each other in case something needed signing.

Comment

well, if they're discussing terms, you wanna to that face to face. and, well Amanda is the chief spokesperson for the group. and i think they once said that she did a chunk of the haggling, but i might be misremembering.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X