Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    It scares the hell out of me, how differently sales ladies in posh stores treat me now. I may have lost weight, dress a bit more professionally and not carry my school bag most of the time, but I'm still the same girl as I was in jeans and ratty sneakers. Dude.

Since I realised, I stopped shopping in those places. I love the stores were everyone feels welcome.
    I've had that problem as well. Usually in stores that sell electrical goods.

I've noticed that if one goes in just for a bit of a look-see, then the sales staff are all over you.

However, if you go in with actual money to spend, they're not interested, no matter how long you loiter.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I found today, actually... I went into a store to get some new work clothes and because I was in jeans and my sanctuary hoodie, people pretty much ignored me. Not that I mind, because I like to be left to my own devices.... but if I go straight from work wearing a suit or at the very least a shirt and trousers, they swarm.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I wonder if Magnus goes shopping & has to deal with clerks...

Comment

she probably deals better than ashley...who'd get a bit short.

i think the bigger quesiton is...does she shop for biggy or does he shop for himself

and me mind boggles at a tailor measuring HIS inseam
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Haha! Oh dear... poor Biggie
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I'm guessing she's probably got either abnormals who happen to be excellent tailors/seamstresses (ooh - just had a thought about a humanoid with spider-like qualities ... hmmmm ... moving on) or like with Henry's family, there's a trusted family who provides the specific fitting services.

Either that, or seeing as she's a fairly intelligent woman and all, she took his rough measurements and bought the clothes off the rack! Although admittedly, the thought of Bigfoot going into a shop during normal buisness hours does amuse me .....
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I'm just imagining Helen with a tape measure... And her crisp, formal "hold still please."

Ah... all the costume fitting for ballet over the year.. *shudder*
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  I wonder if Magnus goes shopping & has to deal with clerks...
                  I don't know... did they have seamstress where each gown specialty made when Helen was growing up? Wonder if she still has a private seamstress? SHe does have a weapon's smith. I would think for Helen both are important.

If Helen does go to posh stores ... yeah I agree she would have an easier time of it than Ashley. lol But somehow, I don't think Ashley is too keen on waiting around if she is being ignored. I have a feeling she would get their attention and the help she needs so she can purchase the item and out the door as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mapsc View Post
                    She was recently promoted to head NBC's Cable Entertainment Division. This includes the SciFi and USA Networks. There's a thread about it in the Stargate News section of GW.

Mike
                    But is she still president of PROGRAMING for SciFi? She maybe part of that division, but it doesn't necessarily mean she's in charge of programing. Either way, imho, NBC/Universal would be better off if they just let her go.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      But is she still president of PROGRAMING for SciFi? She maybe part of that division, but it doesn't necessarily mean she's in charge of programing. Either way, imho, NBC/Universal would be better off if they just let her go.
                      This is how one of the articles describes her new position:

"She will remain in the most senior position at USA and Sci Fi, but also run the company's NBCU Cable Studio (formerly part of Universal Media Studios), developing new shows for NBCU's cable networks and others. The division makes USA's Monk and Psych, Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica and others. She also gains oversight of NBCU’s emerging-networks division under Dan Harrison. Those networks include Sleuth, Chiller and Universal HD. She contines to report to Universal TV group president and chief operating officer Jeff Gaspin."

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                        Dave Howe is the new president and taking her place. Bonnie is being promoted to something else but stepping down from the day to day operations. That will be Dave's job according to the articles I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                          Dave Howe is the new president and taking her place. Bonnie is being promoted to something else but stepping down from the day to day operations. That will be Dave's job according to the articles I have read.
                          Thanks Ann, I thought I had heard that she was no longer pres of SciLie. I'm quite happy about that since she did NOTHING to impress me or make me want to support her as pres. Here's hoping that in her new position she has ZERO say in programing, anywhere.

Well maybe Dave will realize that most of their viewer base is actually women and will see that in no universe is "wrastling" scifi in any shape or form.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mapsc View Post
                            This is how one of the articles describes her new position:

"She will remain in the most senior position at USA and Sci Fi, but also run the company's NBCU Cable Studio (formerly part of Universal Media Studios), developing new shows for NBCU's cable networks and others. The division makes USA's Monk and Psych, Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica and others. She also gains oversight of NBCU’s emerging-networks division under Dan Harrison. Those networks include Sleuth, Chiller and Universal HD. She contines to report to Universal TV group president and chief operating officer Jeff Gaspin."

Mike
                            Thanks...could that be any more vague? As I've repeatedly said, hopefully she has no say in programing...but from that bit, it sounds like she might. That's just great. And people wonder why I have zero faith in SciFi?
                            sigpic

Comment

i really have no respect for any person that openly disses their clients/fan base

bonnie has pubilcally dismissed adn insulted scifi viewers.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i really have no respect for any person that openly disses their clients/fan base

bonnie has pubilcally dismissed adn insulted scifi viewers.
                                Exactly. And she has (to the best of my knowledge) never acknowledge such things or even apologized for them. Considering how she's treated (or not) the loyal female fanbase for SciFi I'm surprised she's even allowed anywhere near programing. But that's what happens when I'm not in charge.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X