Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the wep!!

OUTSTANDING!!!

it had left me craving the next ep!

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
      Just watched the wep!!

OUTSTANDING!!!

it had left me craving the next ep!
      It was wow.

Wow.

So funny and creepy and awesome!

I <3 Steve!

Comment

well, i d/led the high definition version... i couldn't watch into it very far. it's just too much for my computer (the picture grabbed and didn't flow in motion scenes). i've bought the standard version now and i'm d/ling it.

does anyone know if i'd be able to get a refund on the high def version?

but anyhoo, i'll get back to you when i actually can see the wep.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          well, i d/led the high definition version... i couldn't watch into it very far. it's just too much for my computer (the picture grabbed and didn't flow in motion scenes). i've bought the standard version now and i'm d/ling it.

does anyone know if i'd be able to get a refund on the high def version?

but anyhoo, i'll get back to you when i actually can see the wep.

sally
          The Sanctuary support people would know...

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
            The Sanctuary support people would know...
            If they were replying. Sigh.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I thought this was the best one yet. The action sequence at the beginning was great, some good humor, and more character development. And it ran about 20 minutes, so a little extra for our money.

The only quibble I had was the
              Spoiler:
              motorcycle scene. Another one of those scenes that looked like it came straight out of a video game. But they've improved the lighting problems that they had in some of the earlier webisodes. Will's flashlight looked normal to me, and the flashlights seemed really bad before.

NC

Comment

Yay! It finally downloaded - 1hr 20min There must be some real slow servers in the Pacific because the most I ever manage is 90 Kb/s

I'm off to watch it, BBS
                -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Yay! It finally downloaded - 1hr 20min There must be some real slow servers in the Pacific because the most I ever manage is 90 Kb/s

I'm off to watch it, BBS
                  Ouch and to think I was sweating bullets that it took me a whole 10mins to download the wep. I kept praying please don't let me lose my link now!

Sadly my new wireless isn't working out so well and drops me from our lan quite regularly. I really hope they work out a way for us to pick up where we left off if we happen to lose our connections because it really sucks to download 300 out 488mb and then lose your link and have to start over.

Comment

Bwaaaahahaha!!!

Spoiler:
                    Loved the hand signals!
                    Can you imagine how much trouble Helen has had with Ashley that they have a signal for "I'm cutting off your allowance"!!
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      Ouch and to think I was sweating bullets that it took me a whole 10mins to download the wep. I kept praying please don't let me lose my link now!

Sadly my new wireless isn't working out so well and drops me from our lan quite regularly. I really hope they work out a way for us to pick up where we left off if we happen to lose our connections because it really sucks to download 300 out 488mb and then lose your link and have to start over.
                      they don't have download restarts???? Oy! Now I'm going to worry about dropouts - not that I've had any so far.
                      -

Comment

It took about 4 tries to get the HD version and 3 to get the standard. I think maybe they were still uploading while I was trying to download.

Fantastic ep! Lots of action, story development and humor. Loving Amanda and fast becoming a big fan of Emilie and Robin.

Spoiler:
                        They need to avoid having the flashlights point straight at the camera. That's when it looks hinky. I only noticed it briefly in this wep though. I agree with the motorcycle scene, and I thought the creature in the alley looked wrong at first, but then he looked fantastic. (and he was very funny) The full Sanctuary view looked absolutely incredible!
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

i sent a note to the sanct staff about requesting a refund and/or credit on the high def version. we'll see what happens.

now, for the webisode...

Spoiler:
                          SUPER cool!

great scenes in the crypt with helen, ashley, and will.

i continue to enjoy the helen-ashley scenes. i'm thinking, though, that ashley needs a spankin'.

oh, that scene in the crypt where helen told will that she hand signaled to ashley that she'd stop her allowance or something.

lots of good scenes and i'll speak more of it tomorrow (need to do some things before shutting down computer).

but wonderful wep!

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Bwaaaahahaha!!!

Spoiler:
                            Loved the hand signals!
                            Can you imagine how much trouble Helen has had with Ashley that they have a signal for "I'm cutting off your allowance"!!
                            That was my favorite bit as well

Comment

Downloading for hours... now it's at 99% and my flatmate is dragging me out to buy groceries. I mean yeah, food is important...

but, but, but...
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

"I'm gonna tell your mother!"
                                "Suck up."

Haha, I like Steve ("That's minimum?") and Henry. And I like that Helen is so feared, that people know to tattle to her.

This episode seemed to highlight how incredibly alike Helen and Ashley are - no nonsense, high standards, almost casually indifferent in the way they address others... It's interesting to see the stark similarities between them, because on the surface they appear to be quite different. And for all of their intelligence and abilities, they're still a bit socially inept.

As rderoch said, I'm also becoming a fast fan of Emilie Ullerup and Robin Dunne's as well. They all make a really nice trio.

Oh, and I thought Young Helen looked like an eerie, yet very cool, cross between AT and EU. So good casting there.

Comment

Working...
                                X