Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesS3M View Post
    like lagavulin and two cubes of ice, it makes no sense to have one without the other.

I don't know about scotch...but guns I do know a bit about. I do know enough to make sure if you're giving a gift of a gun you do at least provide the first round of ammo. Not everyone would know that, ya know.

*sends James a virtual lagavulin & two cubes of ice...in a glass since he'd get all wet and that would waste the scotch
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      See how he brings it back to scotch?

There's a fine line between idiocy and genius. This man has it all sussed out.
      He has it sussed out alright. He's skating that fine line all the time.

sigpic

Comment

My parents are so cool!!!

Last night they took me shopping for mp3 players cos since my eye operations I can't read very well and they thought I might like to be able to take my audiobooks with me on holidays. Long story short - Dad just turned up with a video mp3 player that he wanted me to check out cos he thought that I might as well get video too so I could put that net thingy on it.

The what? I asked
        You know that new thing you watch on the internet, the one with Sam with dark hair and the mob from Stargate.
        Oh, you mean Sanctuary!!!!!!

So now (after Christmas) I get to carry around Sanctuary with me and I can show people what it is rather than try to explain. Hopefully I'll be able to see well enough to watch stuff on it but if not, no worries, I can put a whole heap of audio books on it as well as share Sanctuary with others
        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          My parents are so cool!!!

Last night they took me shopping for mp3 players cos since my eye operations I can't read very well and they thought I might like to be able to take my audiobooks with me on holidays. Long story short - Dad just turned up with a video mp3 player that he wanted me to check out cos he thought that I might as well get video too so I could put that net thingy on it.

The what? I asked
          You know that new thing you watch on the internet, the one with Sam with dark hair and the mob from Stargate.
          Cool Dad!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
            Thanks for the answers, but it doesn't tell us much!! I presume there is a heck of a lot involved in setting up production. I hope we hear soon. We keep being told that we will hear soon -- so I hope it is so!!

Glad to know Amanda's favorite starbucks drink though!
            I know, and it's pains me not to be able to tell y'all more but lots of stuff is hinging on a bunch of negotiations with various entities, this is the not so entertaining part of entertainment as it were. They are all interconnected for the most part so I can't really commit to one without knowing about them all.
            Tis the grunt work to get the green light, but when we do get the green light, you can expect me to be letting you know asap.
            James Graham: Stage 3 Media: www.stage3media.com
            Support Guru/Evangelist/Audience Relations
            http://www.sanctuaryforall.com

Comment

I know, and it's pains me not to be able to tell y'all more but lots of stuff is hinging on a bunch of negotiations with various entities, this is the not so entertaining part of entertainment as it were. They are all interconnected for the most part so I can't really commit to one without knowing about them all.
              Tis the grunt work to get the green light, but when we do get the green light, you can expect me to be letting you know asap.
              Thanks James. I know that sometimes with negotiations talking about them in any aspect while they are on going could potentially cause problems for them, right? Like leaking information (not that I would ever ask you to) is a big no no and can break a deal. I'm just trying to help folks better understand why you're not able to give more info than you have already given.

btw, how was that virtual scotch I gave you?
              sigpic

Comment

6- what's amanda favorite starbucks drink? (had to throw that in again )

She talking about Xmas blend when she arrived here this morning.
                thanks, james!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  That sounds promising. Sure hope you get the details worked out. I'm looking forward to the further adventures of Helen Magnus. It's been so long since we've seen her...sigh.
                  yes!

if i wasn't so busy with buying christmas gifts, i'd be going on a magnusorgy and rewatching all the weps.

and what's with ppl expecting you to wrap gifts too??? i mean, isn't buying them enough!

sally

*thoughts: wonders what amanda likes in her christmas blend coffee? what size does she prefer? how about lattes? frappicchinos? has she tried the holliday season gingerbread and pumpkin spice lattes or peppermint mocha? should tell her NOT to try the cranberry bliss bar. it's orgasmic in taste but VERY fattening. (sure glad these are my private thoughts and not published)*
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

hi, james,

can you answer this? how long does it take to make one wep? or really what i'm trying to find out; if amanda's going to do another season of atlantis, will she have time to film the weps *before* going back to filming stargate? or will she be doing both at the same time?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I will expect a flurry of excitedly waving bunny ears sir

Meanwhile I've been wondering, would abnormals subscribe to the tradition of Christmas? I mean is there a messiah to the underworld as it were? Or have they come up with their own traditions? I can't imagine the sleigh gets down to the mer-people that easily....... *wanders off to continue pondering this ultra important point*

sigpic

Comment

we're making the presumption that the sanctuary world is parallel enough to ours to share the same religions and holidays

and it might not
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          we're making the presumption that the sanctuary world is parallel enough to ours to share the same religions and holidays

and it might not
                          Indeed. Helen and Ashley could be Nine Day Wonderers who celebrate the Day of Farf.

But then again, perhaps not...
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            hi, james,

can you answer this? how long does it take to make one wep? or really what i'm trying to find out; if amanda's going to do another season of atlantis, will she have time to film the weps *before* going back to filming stargate? or will she be doing both at the same time?

sally
                            We did the shooting for the first eights weps over the course of January of this year. so, the math works out to 15 mins of footage a week.

I have no idea what the scheduling logistics are but I'm pretty sure that time will be made if it needs to be to get everything done.
                            James Graham: Stage 3 Media: www.stage3media.com
                            Support Guru/Evangelist/Audience Relations
                            http://www.sanctuaryforall.com

Comment

i would GUESS that, if/when she signs for s5, AT puts into her contract provisions to give her time off for Sanctuary.

Which is quite common, for actors to make both thier 'bosses' know when they are working multiple jobs and have them work things out to what is the best for all.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That was my point, could be fun to come up with holidays for the residents of the Sanctuary to celebrate.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

and it might not
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X