Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    How about the vinyl of the moon landing - which I still have by the way or maybe the entire collection of 78's Glenn Miller Airman of Note recordings
    I've only got one 78. But, I've got about 900 albums and 900 45's. Getting there with CD's.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Watching the moon landings on black and white tv.
      O.o

Apollo 13 was filmed in colour... You might want to check your TV's colour settings

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        O.o

Apollo 13 was filmed in colour... You might want to check your TV's colour settings
        Yeah, the colour settings on those B&W sets were a real bugger
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          O.o

I love the innocence of youth

(it's ripe for corruption )
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            Yeah, the colour settings on those B&W sets were a real bugger
            Yep, especially considering that the average 23" color television cost about $600 and the average salary at that time was about $6000.00; less than 40% of the households in the US owned a color tv by 1970.

I can't remember exactly when we got ours, probably around that time, because I can remember watching The Wonderful World of Disney. That was family night when we were young.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 July 2007, 04:39 AM.

Comment

yes, every sunday night was the wonderful world of disney..along with mutual of omaha's wild kingdom
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Or watching the great Sci Fi series, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea in black and white, which then switched to color. Followed the by series - The FBI. Can I get any older?

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  Yep, especially considering that the average 23" color television cost about $600 and the average salary at that time was about $6000.00; less than 40% of the households in the US owned a color tv by 1970.

I can't remember exactly when we got ours, probably around that time, because I can remember watching The Wonderful World of Disney. That was family night when we were young.
                  Yeah, I don't think we got a color tv til 1976. Sometimes I see a rerun of a show & say "i never knew that was in color." Remember the "rabbit ears" on the top of the tv to try to get the picture to come in better?

Oh and this is all on topic, b/c think of all the changes Helen Magnus has seen in her life.

Comment

I wonder if Helen ever met Holmes and Watson?

Ooo, now there's an idea for a fic...
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

or maybe she was a nurse during the civil war?...might be bit too early for her and i'm too tired to do math.

but world war 1 and 2 would be up fro grabs

the stories could be unlimited

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        or maybe she was a nurse during the civil war?...might be bit too early for her and i'm too tired to do math.

but world war 1 and 2 would be up fro grabs

the stories could be unlimited
                        That's an awesome thought.

Comment

Well, the Sherlock Holmes stories take place during the years 1878-1903, with his last case (that we know of) being in 1914. So it's entirely plausible that Helen met Holmes.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            yes, every sunday night was the wonderful world of disney..along with mutual of omaha's wild kingdom
                            Did we grow up in the same house?
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

lol

are you my long lost sister?

sigpic

Comment

Surely you mean Binky, your evil twin? And don't call you Shirley..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X