Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just incase anyone is going to London Expo, I should be there dressed as Helen Magnus (half my costume pending - where the hell can I get a hat like hers!) but also I am getting badges made to help with a little fan promotion - 50 of them, 55mm ones.

So, I should also be walking round with my friend Paul, wih both of us having bags covered in something looking roughly like these (the brightness is hiked up a lot because using the logo as it is as standard resulted in barely legible test badges).

Idea is to give them away free to anyone who wants one until they are gone and hopefully inspire people to ask about the show if they are wondering what the badges are in aid of.

Comment

Oh that sounds like fun.

I'd try e-bay for a hat.

I can just picture you wafting round the Expo in costume and in character - and all the non-Sanctuary fans are scratching their heads wondering "Who the hell's she meant to be?"

Be sure and post a couple of piccys of you as Helen.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I had a chance to watch the first ep. on a *decent* computer with a high speed connection this weekend, streaming(?) on their player. Apparently once you buy it you can watch it on the Santuary site more than once. It looked *So* much better. I could see the business card etc.

Comment

Question: Has anyone tried to burn the ep onto a DVD yet?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            No, I'm waiting until I get the whole 8 webisodes before I do.
            -

Comment

Fair enough. Just thought someone might have tried as a "proof of concept" kind of thing.
              sigpic

Comment

This is probably a stupid question, but when I do eventually burn the episodes onto a dvd, do I have to convert the file to something else so that it will play on my dvd player with my tv, rather than my computer player? If so, what do I convert it to?
                sigpic

Comment

i've had limited success. i can get the webby onto a dvd in SD, but wehn i've tried to convert the .mov to HD to burn on a dvd, dvd studio doesn't like it and toast crashes...and the 17 minute video comes out at 2.2 megs

But i have been able to get it on a dvd, it just takes a bit because final cut doesn't like it too much
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    This is probably a stupid question, but when I do eventually burn the episodes onto a dvd, do I have to convert the file to something else so that it will play on my dvd player with my tv, rather than my computer player? If so, what do I convert it to?
                    i used final cut to convert it to a .m2v (apple's mpeg 2 extension) then used toast or dvd studio - can't recall which - to convert it to a dvd and while it stayed wide screen it didn't stay HD

there is a nice piece of free software out there called MpegStreamclip that you might want to look for. it converts almost anything to almost anything. it will convert the .mov to a quick time - useless - DV - again useless unless you have editing software, avi - might work for some, or mpeg4

you will then need something like Nero or maybe Sonic MyDVD to convert it to the videots files that a dvd player sees

some dvd players will play mpegs, i don't have divx so i can't experiment with that

so there are ways, just not necessarily easy ones

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i used final cut to convert it to a .m2v (apple's mpeg 2 extension) then used toast or dvd studio - can't recall which - to convert it to a dvd and while it stayed wide screen it didn't stay HD

there is a nice piece of free software out there called MpegStreamclip that you might want to look for. it converts almost anything to almost anything. it will convert the .mov to a quick time - useless - DV - again useless unless you have editing software, avi - might work for some, or mpeg4

you will then need something like Nero or maybe Sonic MyDVD to convert it to the videots files that a dvd player sees

some dvd players will play mpegs, i don't have divx so i can't experiment with that

so there are ways, just not necessarily easy ones
                      Thanks. I should have mentioned that I use a pc, and I already have software that will convert the files, but I just wasn't sure what to convert them to.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh that sounds like fun.

I'd try e-bay for a hat.

I can just picture you wafting round the Expo in costume and in character - and all the non-Sanctuary fans are scratching their heads wondering "Who the hell's she meant to be?"

Be sure and post a couple of piccys of you as Helen.
                        I'm gonna see but problem is figuring out what hat design it is/closely resembles. Someone I know suggested it looks like a preachers hat but I can't find one of those for less than $100 and it certainly wouldn't come in time from America. Gah, should have started looking before but I've been busy/ill and it's only in the webisode that you can get a good view of the hat anyhow.

Lol to in character, I'm no actress!

But pics I imagine I can get some one else to take of me and yeah, I probably will confuse people who haven't heard of the show but that's not so bad is that means they come and enquire because of their curiousity.

Comment

Not wanting to rain on your parade or anything, but you won't be taking any toy pistols with you as props will you?

There's this little thing called the Violent Crimes Reduction Act that became law at the start of last month.

The bare bones of it is, if a member of Joe Q. Public sees you with anything that even remotely looks like a real firearm from a distance, then the Police Armed Response Unit has the authority to shoot first and ask questions later.
                          Much later. Like when you're lying on a slab in the mortuary-type later.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but just consider it a friendly warning.
                          sigpic

Comment

so....empty holsters for the con

honestly, cons will give you grief over a neon yellow water pistol (and rightly so since you may not simply put water in it)

go as helen unarmed

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                              Thanks. I should have mentioned that I use a pc, and I already have software that will convert the files, but I just wasn't sure what to convert them to.
                              i would try for mpegs. the video dvd programs should convert that for you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                so....empty holsters for the con

honestly, cons will give you grief over a neon yellow water pistol (and rightly so since you may not simply put water in it)

go as helen unarmed
                                Yeah. Best not to risk anything.

With things being what they are, it's looking more and more likely that me and the guys in SG-999 will have to hang up our replica P-90s and whatnot for good.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X