Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
    I will do one later today
    Sweet

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

thanks to those who put the trailer on youtube!

I thought the trailer looked awesome! I can't wait to see the actual show!

Soon I need to actually register!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
        thanks to those who put the trailer on youtube!

I thought the trailer looked awesome! I can't wait to see the actual show!

Soon I need to actually register!!
        Yes, thanks! Still having 'issues'. I'm beginning to think my laptop just isn't fast enough to handle sanctuaryforall.com I got rid of flash 8, downloaded flash 9, relownloaded quicktime. Down;oaded the traileer and the teaser. For some reason the teaser works fine when downloaded (THANKS FOREVERSG-!!!!) but the traler does exactly what the teaser used to do.

Yes, I registered and activated the registration. They weren't very clear the a confirmation was required...

I'm running XP and Explorer (the latest whether I wanted it or not )
        on a P-3 498 mHz with 512 RAM <<---I think this is the problem.

suse
        Last edited by suse; 28 March 2007, 06:46 AM.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I get what looks like an error message.

I'm running Windows XP, and Internet Explorer.
          Tried watching the trailer in WMA format, cos for some reason I have trouble with Quicktime movies.
          This may seem like a rather silly question but after you registered, did you recieve an email with a activation code? From my own personal experience, I learned that nothing on the site works if you don't activate the code. Anytime I tried to use one of the links, I recieved an error message that I didn't have permission to that particular page. It took about twenty minutes for me to receive the password and my security program tossed the confirmation email into my junk file. So if you haven't done this, I would check out your junk file and try to activate the code.

If you have already done the above, then my next question would be are you trying to view the trailer on the site or download and watch it? I'm assuming download it because I didn't get an option to choose which format I wished to view when steaming. What size file are you downloading? Have you tried downloading a small version? I know when I originally downloaded the trailer in Quicktime, I experienced difficulties watching the highest resolution. The file simply would not work on my system even though my computer has HD capabilities and is widescreen; however, it did work at a lower resolution.

I'm not sure how much this has helped, but hopefully you'll be able to find a solution to your issues soon as I know it can be quite frustrating when things don't work as they should.

Kat

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I just watched the Sanctuary trailer its absalutely awesome!! The rest of the site is great too.
            Well Done the Sanctuary Team you did a great job!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Yay!!

This is actually one of the things I can't wait for - seeing what all the wonderfully creative fans do with the downloads. The team at sanctuary has given us so much freedom to play!

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
                Lol don't worry it won't be going anywhere for the time being. Fans are quite welcome to be part of both.
                YIPPEE!!

BTW, has anyone heard if MAY has arrived yet?

BruTak - were you able to get in yet??
                Last edited by tagger; 28 March 2007, 08:48 AM.
                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  Go for it, man. You've got all the footage - in high res - let us see your money trailer! No excuses after throwing the gauntlet down like that. Put the link up here.
                  Haha. Good point!

Sweet. You gonna put it on youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Haha. Good point!

Sweet. You gonna put it on youtube?
                    Yeah I will later tonight

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      I get what looks like an error message.

I'm running Windows XP, and Internet Explorer.
                      Tried watching the trailer in WMA format, cos for some reason I have trouble with Quicktime movies.
                      What about using Windows Media Player? I have XP and that's what I did. Did you update to Flash 9? I viewed the trailers instead of downloading. Did you restart?

It worked in both medium and high resolution.
                      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                        I spent some time on the official site's forum last night and was pleasantly surprised by all the familiar names. Lots of GW folks have been there...
                        What about all the familiar people in the trailer?

Dan Payne told me, in Vancouver, that he's the vampire. I saw Amanda Tapping, of course, David Hewlett and Christopher Heyerdahl.
                        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

SyFy Potral posted a new article on Sanctuary today A Dark Asylum: Damian Kindler Discusses 'Sanctuary'
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I didn't have time to play today the way I'd hoped, only about an hour and fifteen minutes towards the end of the day.

So, this is my hour's fun remixing the awesome and untouchable SANCTUARY (2 minute) trailer. This is just a remix, variation on the same theme. No frills. Hopefully I can round up some better audio next time I have a chance to play around. Even so, it was an entertaining hour!!

Compressed (QT H.264 MOV - 640x480 Letterboxed - 19mb)

Or the obligatory (but not as nice) YouTube version:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gDzu4YiIBw

Blessings,

geek
                            (you would never know from this piece of gunk that I actually do this fairly competently for a living )

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I didn't have time to play today the way I'd hoped, only about an hour and fifteen minutes towards the end of the day.

So, this is my hour's fun remixing the awesome and untouchable SANCTUARY (2 minute) trailer. This is just a remix, variation on the same theme. No frills. Hopefully I can round up some better audio next time I have a chance to play around. Even so, it was an entertaining hour!!

Blessings,

geek
                              (you would never know from this piece of gunk that I actually do this fairly competently for a living )

I've just watched the youtube version (I'm still downloading the other one my comp is slow today). and I really like it Mini, I like how you reorganized the images, the themes, and the music is good, we get it
                              And I really really like this "bad guy"

Yeaaahh for Mini !!
                              sigpic

Comment

w00t! Go Mini

I would also second Kat's suggestion of watching the trailer in the site's viewer too if you're having trouble watching it in external players. There's a lot that can go wrong with media players, corrupt codecs and so and so forth.

Blessings,

geek

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X