Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiFluid
    replied
    I didn't. I don't think it's very good, and it has a ton of problems, but it's also not actively bad IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    ... Even the 'bad' movies of the MCU (for my 2 cents: Thor 2 and Hulk) aren't even really bad, they just look that way when compared to the other 20 films in the series...
    Hey you forgot about Age of Ultron. I hate Age of Ultron.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Across the entire industry, sure, of course.
    That was my point dude.
    In this franchise? Even the 'bad' movies of the MCU (for my 2 cents: Thor 2 and Hulk) aren't even really bad, they just look that way when compared to the other 20 films in the series. I think Kevin Feige and crew have earned a whole hell of a lot of benefit of the doubt.
    Agreed.
    The MCU is great, it's todays Shakespere because it deals with the same basic concepts of humanity, same way the ancient greek writers dealt with humanity, or Joseph Cambell with the Hero's Journey.
    It's not the story of Cap, or Iron man, or Thor, it's the story of US.
    Are we our base form, or are we better?

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Across the entire industry, sure, of course.

In this franchise? Even the 'bad' movies of the MCU (for my 2 cents: Thor 2 and Hulk) aren't even really bad, they just look that way when compared to the other 20 films in the series. I think Kevin Feige and crew have earned a whole hell of a lot of benefit of the doubt.

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied

It's rough, it has holes, but it's workable. And if I, the nerd with zero Hollywood experience, can dream that up in 10 minutes on an internet forum, I'm sure the professionals can come up with something even better.
    Given the amount of sequals, remakes and generic junk out there, I am not sure I trust "the professionals" as much as I trust the creativity of the fanbase.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    SHIELD's Inhumans (that are actually cool), not the non-entity Inhumans show

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    We're all trying to forget Inhumans existed

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Ha ha, you're absolutely right - I totally forgot about that!

Leave a comment:

• Teddybrown
    replied
    Nahhh all it would take would be a little tweaking.

Suppose....Doom's [technobabble machine] is based on research Nazi Hydra had done on a pair of infants (Xavier/Erik) with a peculiar genetic abnormality--a gene that's present in all humans, but only active in one out of every 20 million people or something like that. So mutants have been out there this entire time, but there are just so vanishingly few of them (+ most under Xavier's protection) that they've gone unnoticed by the world until now. Then Doom's [technobabble machine] goes off and causes the X-gene to be activated in 10x as many (or whatever multiplier) as before, so the secret is out and suddenly there are mutants everywhere and tons of possibilities for films about them, and about humanity's hateful/fearful reaction to them.

It's rough, it has holes, but it's workable. And if I, the nerd with zero Hollywood experience, can dream that up in 10 minutes on an internet forum, I'm sure the professionals can come up with something even better.
    Didnt they do that already in Agents of SHIELD with the inhumans?

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    You could definitely do that but it would slightly cheapen magneto and xavier’s Backstory.
    Nahhh all it would take would be a little tweaking.

Suppose....Doom's [technobabble machine] is based on research Nazi Hydra had done on a pair of infants (Xavier/Erik) with a peculiar genetic abnormality--a gene that's present in all humans, but only active in one out of every 20 million people or something like that. So mutants have been out there this entire time, but there are just so vanishingly few of them (+ most under Xavier's protection) that they've gone unnoticed by the world until now. Then Doom's [technobabble machine] goes off and causes the X-gene to be activated in 10x as many (or whatever multiplier) as before, so the secret is out and suddenly there are mutants everywhere and tons of possibilities for films about them, and about humanity's hateful/fearful reaction to them.

One particularly glaring catch though, that I think they're probably going to have to deal with: WW2 has gotten too far away from us to use as an origin story. Just by the realities of the passage of time, it really is no longer possible to have Xavier and Erik as children during the war. Even a child born in 1945 (which was my supposition above) would be 73 years old in 2018 (the year of the Snap), so by the time an X-movie comes out five years down the line, the character and actor would already be rapidly closing in on 80, with only one movie completed. They'll have to find some way of shifting the origin forward, in the way that Frank Castle's origin story has shifted forward from Vietnam originally, to Afghanistan for modern readers and audiences.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    That rat is the true hero of the MCU.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Has anyone considered the universe was saved thanks to a rat

Leave a comment:

• P-90_177
    replied
    Step 1) Use the destruction of Sokovia to somehow introduce Latveria, and thereby, Dr Doom

Step 2) Fantastic Four movie, Doom’s plot is foiled but [technobabble device] is damaged in the fight and sends a wave of exotic radiation across the planet, with unknown consequences. Cue credits scene with some guy suddenly blasting lasers out of his eyes.

Step 3) X-Men film!
    You could definitely do that but it would slightly cheapen magneto and xavier’s Backstory.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Step 1) Use the destruction of Sokovia to somehow introduce Latveria, and thereby, Dr Doom

Step 2) Fantastic Four movie, Doom’s plot is foiled but [technobabble device] is damaged in the fight and sends a wave of exotic radiation across the planet, with unknown consequences. Cue credits scene with some guy suddenly blasting lasers out of his eyes.

Step 3) X-Men film!

Leave a comment:

• P-90_177
    replied
    Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Could this be how the X Men are introduced, altername timelines?
    Possible but I doubt it. Marvel have shown that that they are artful in adding in new aspects to the universe. Iron Man started very rooted in modern day. Thor and Doctor Strange added in magic that wasn’t there before and Guardians of the galaxy expanded the whole universe. It really won’t be an issue to insert the x-men and a good writer can explain why we haven’t heard about them before. Like if it were me i’d Just make them still unknown in the first x-men movie in the mcu except for Xavier being able to track them with his powers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X