Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Yeah, at this point in life I'm just not interested in what the whiner crowd has to say anymore. Not just for Marvel, but for any series really. These people live just to s*** on things other people enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Don't go to the Internet Rob. The rabid people are already complaining about the 5 year gap and how will it affect future movie. The new Spiderman movie being a prime example

Leave a comment:

• Teddybrown
    replied
    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I don't think it would've added much drama if Earth had been all happy and hunky-dory

The Un-Snappening raises some....sticky....questions though, doesn't it? What happens to the people who were in planes at the time they were ashed, do they just reappear up in the air where there's no plane anymore? What about people who have remarried in the five year interim? Suppose you were in the shower when you were ashed away, the landlord has since rented out your apartment, and then you return....naked in what is now someone else's apartment? What if a baby was mid-childbirth when it got ashed, is it just suddenly hanging halfway out of mum's privates when it's un-snapped?

These are the stupid, completely irrelevant questions that plague me.
    This comment I cant rep you

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    I don't think it would've added much drama if Earth had been all happy and hunky-dory

The Un-Snappening raises some....sticky....questions though, doesn't it? What happens to the people who were in planes at the time they were ashed, do they just reappear up in the air where there's no plane anymore? What about people who have remarried in the five year interim? Suppose you were in the shower when you were ashed away, the landlord has since rented out your apartment, and then you return....naked in what is now someone else's apartment? What if a baby was mid-childbirth when it got ashed, is it just suddenly hanging halfway out of mum's privates when it's un-snapped?

These are the stupid, completely irrelevant questions that plague me.

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    Thanks for the detailed answers.

I have completly forgotten that one Nebula killed the other Nebula. I was worried that she deleted "herself" from the timeline. I also couldn't remember to see Gamora on the GotG's ship. Maybe that caused the confusion.

I was also not a big fan of depressed Earth. I know 50% of the population is a huge number, but we have to believe in humanity. Even if such a rate of people would die, the survivors would live their life. So I couldn't imagine such things as empty harbours or stadiums in New York. Life finds a way as we know it from Jurassic Park.

I know this is "only" a comic movie, but Thanos' plan was wrong from the beginning. Even if he could have killed half of the universe, the other half will still procreate and have next generations. So the whole snap was meaningless in philosophical way as he must have used again and again if he wants true balance. Then they have changed his motivations for this movie, so he really turned into an evil character.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    The multi-portal idea was great and the best part! (Even if it has felt a little ripoff from Babylon 5 wherethe Minbari attacked against Earth in the movie "in the beginning")
    Heh...I didn't even think of that.

- I have lost to follow the fate of the "new" Gamora and the Nebula(s). What happened with them? Has the snap sent back them to their original timeline?
    Nope. The Thanos/Gamora/Nebula/Black Order that stepped out of the 2014 now-divergent timeline did not return to it.

Original Gamora, the one we were with in Guardians 1 and 2 and Infinity War, remains dead. The Gamora that's now living in the 2023 'prime' timeline is the one who stepped out of the now-divergent 2014 timeline. So there is a Gamora alive, but it's not the one we knew.

Meanwhile the Nebula we have living in the 2023 'prime' timeline is the one who's been with us through the franchise so far. She just killed the one that was here from the divergent 2014.

- a few heroes only had quick cameos as there was not enough screentime for everyone
    Yeah I think that was always going to be the case. I think if we look closely though, we'll find that Infinity War and Endgame reverse which characters are being emphasized--the ones who didn't get much screen time in IW got a lot more in Endgame, and vice versa. That's not completely solidly the case, the 'original six' needed their exit, but I think it's it's largely the case.

I liked how Thanos used the Power Stone (purple) against Captain Marvel. Sorry. She is way too powerful like she is playing in her own league, so it could be interesting if she is weakened for her second movie. Maybe her fate (or Quill) will have a connection with the planned Etheral movie.
    Personally I don't think her or Quill will have anything to do with the Eternals movie, at least not for the first Eternals movie. I think they'd want to establish them first, before doing crossovers with other characters.

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    Wow. This was an amazing movie.

The multi-portal idea was great and the best part! (Even if it has felt a little ripoff from Babylon 5 wherethe Minbari attacked against Earth in the movie "in the beginning")

Only a few negative things:
    - the weird music under the Marvel logo. I would have used the Stan Lee version here instead of Captain Marvel
    - the movie title was too simple in comparsion to the trailer version
    - I have lost to follow the fate of the "new" Gamora and the Nebula(s). What happened with them? Has the snap sent back them to their original timeline?
    - the girly superhero step-up was too much forced
    - a few heroes only had quick cameos as there was not enough screentime for everyone

I liked how Thanos used the Power Stone (purple) against Captain Marvel. Sorry. She is way too powerful like she is playing in her own league, so it could be interesting if she is weakened for her second movie. Maybe her fate (or Quill) will have a connection with the planned Etheral movie.
    Last edited by Platschu; 28 April 2019, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dosed150
    replied
    part of me had dreaded since inifinity war that they would pull some kind of cheap reset, im so glad the way they went, it felt earned and it did still happen, not a magic oh yay everything's fine again.

It just struck me that theyll be some very awkward reunions, if 5 years has passed for the people left, thats enough time that people could have come to terms and moved on, while for those who were dusted its felt like they've just been gone a moment, they could be coming home to partners who remarried

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Only the MCU could have pulled off that battle. I absolutely loved the part when hope seems lost and Black Panther comes in followed by the giant army. I think they tried to check off all the lists with action, comedy, emotion, etc. Generally when a studio does this it comes off as terrible. Quite the opposite for this movie which is in large part that this has been built up from Avengers 1 maybe Iron Man.
    "On your left"

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Only the MCU could have pulled off that battle. I absolutely loved the part when hope seems lost and Black Panther comes in followed by the giant army. I think they tried to check off all the lists with action, comedy, emotion, etc. Generally when a studio does this it comes off as terrible. Quite the opposite for this movie which is in large part that this has been built up from Avengers 1 maybe Iron Man.

Leave a comment:

• thekillman
    replied
    Well i just watched it. Holy hell.

Lets get this out of the way first: it wasn't a terribly shocking movie. It mostly went the way many people predicted: they undo the snap. Like i thought, those who died normally died permanently. There's a time heist and they undo it all.

Second of all: thank god, thank god for them actually bothering to explain the time stuff first, clearly and succinctly. One shot, altering the past doesn't change the future.

The end-battle was one hell of an end battle. The theatre went wild when Steve commanded Mjolnir, felt very deserved rather than cheesy. Loved that Pepper contributed, she's been pushed from relevance (IE, not given her own damn suit) for way too long. Captain Marvel wasn't as prominent as i expected, but liked what she did. Loved the "Gauntlet dash" with the various characters. Again, could've been real cheesy but felt worth it.

the reason Hawkeye didn't die is because his fans would riot if he did. He's been screwed over the most appearance-wise of all original avengers, and if he died now it would feel undeserved. Plus, Black Widow has more character, the "family loses a dad" was already happening with Iron Man... so it's the best outcome. Love that they fought over who could sacrifice themselves.

Lastly, i'm happy Thanos admits his plan would never work. I'm sick of all the Thanos apologia i see online, and it's good that the movie addresses that it's a plan that would never work.

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    I believe it was all written before the fox acquirement. And not to mention the contract was signed before it as well.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    ...adamantium?

Leave a comment:

• Teddybrown
    replied
    I watched an interview with Kevin Feige where he said that they had been planning Endgame for several years, so wouldnt suprise me if they had an idea how it might end back then and drop a few hints. Wonder what else there is...

On Sam/Captain America, would be awesome to see him flying around with the shield. On the shield whats Thanos weapon made of to be able to break it like that?

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    What if they don't bother with it this time around? "Captain America" doesn't have to be just 'a dude with super strength,' I'd suggest that "Captain America" has become synonymous with 'a hero who does the right thing, no matter what.' What if Sam Wilson Cap is just that--a hero who's a hero because he's uncompromising on doing right?
    You could be right. And that would make him the most suitable one for the job. Maybe he can even wield Mijolnir one day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X