• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    Just saw you last post.
    Yes he did. That's one awkward reunion. But Red skull is just a guardian now.

And what you just pointed out made me realize something. We know there's a price for taking the stone, but what if there's a reward for returning it? What if his reward was a new life. A life detached from his original one and not affecting the time line. This would give him the chance to live a normal life with Peggy in the past without affecting the time line.
    That....is an insane thought that I absolutely love!

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Speaking of the supersoldier serum, Sam Wilson was never given the serum. He had tech on his side as Falcon, but it's different with Captain America. I was thinking how he can be Captain America without the serum
    Thats something they have to address. Maybe in the Sam Wilson/Bucky Barnes show.
    What if they don't bother with it this time around? "Captain America" doesn't have to be just 'a dude with super strength,' I'd suggest that "Captain America" has become synonymous with 'a hero who does the right thing, no matter what.' What if Sam Wilson Cap is just that--a hero who's a hero because he's uncompromising on doing right?

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    Just saw you last post.
    Yes he did. That's one awkward reunion. But Red skull is just a guardian now.

And what you just pointed out made me realize something. We know there's a price for taking the stone, but what if there's a reward for returning it? What if his reward was a new life. A life detached from his original one and not affecting the time line. This would give him the chance to live a normal life with Peggy in the past without affecting the time line.

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    Speaking of the supersoldier serum, Sam Wilson was never given the serum. He had tech on his side as Falcon, but it's different with Captain America. I was thinking how he can be Captain America without the serum
    Thats something they have to address. Maybe in the Sam Wilson/Bucky Barnes show.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Oh s**t! You know what I just realized? Cap was taking the Infinity Stones back to where they all came from, right?

So he took the Soul Stone back to Vormir....where its guardian is Red Skull!

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Yes of course they chose to live quietly, but is it possible to truly stay off the radar for that long to avoid changing the time line? They're humans after all. They make mistakes.
    They are....but if Steve Rogers is anything, he's Mister Civic Duty. For all his faults, I think he'd be smart enough to know that the big picture required that he stay discreet.

And could he be the husband elderly Peggy mentioned? Maybe it all happened in the original time line and that would mean that he didn't change anything and that would make it possible for him to reach that bench at the end in the correct time line because it's all one time line.
    Yeah now that I'm thinking about this, I think that's exactly what happened. The Russos' first MCU film was The Winter Soldier, where that clip of Peggy talking about a husband (but not mentioning his name!) happened. Given how far ahead these movies are planned out, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this endpoint was exactly what either the Russos or Kevin Feige had in mind way back in 2014.

About him staying alive for so long. Maybe that's the supersoldier serum.
    Seems very likely. Also is a good reason for the fact that he looks old, but not 114-years-old old.

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    Yes of course they chose to live quietly, but is it possible to truly stay off the radar for that long to avoid changing the time line? They're humans after all. They make mistakes.

And could he be the husband elderly Peggy mentioned? Maybe it all happened in the original time line and that would mean that he didn't change anything and that would make it possible for him to reach that bench at the end in the correct time line because it's all one time line.

About him staying alive for so long. Maybe that's the supersoldier serum.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Or 109 if he was one of the people who got ashed for those five years.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Oh, I see what you're saying and where I went wrong. He was over on the bench as an elderly man, who didn't come back through their time machine portal thingy, so he didn't travel forward, he just lived his way forward, right? And walked over to that bench in time to sit down on it just moments after his Chris Evans-self went back in time?

That's interesting. I'm not totally sure if it jibes with how the rest of the movie treats time travel. Unless we're meant to read it as no timeline divergence happened because he chose to live quietly with Peggy and not interfere with the flow of history?

That would also make him extremely old as of the end of Endgame. Cap was born in 1918, so when he got frozen in ice in 1945 he'd have been 27. He got thawed out in 2012(ish) and lived through till 2023, making him 38 at the point he went back in time to 1947(ish) to be with Peggy. And then living straight through from '47 to 2023--that would make him 114 years old on that bench at the end of Endgame.

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    Yes but that would mean that the elderly Steve who didn't go back to his own time after returning the stones would live in a new time-line. Which means he wouldn't be able to reach that point he left because that exists in the original time line which he chose not to return to.

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    No... We were told that what they do while in the past does not affect their own present, that time travel doesn’t work like BTTF/Terminator/etc. Any changes made just created a separate timeline branching off on its own, and the time traveler goes back to their own future, not the future of the divergent timeline. That’s why Loki escaping from the Stark Tower lobby with the Tesseract (rather than be taken back to Asgard in Thor’s custody) had no impact on the ‘prime’ timeline of 2023.

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    So about what Steve did at the end.
    Shouldn't that have created a totally new time-line? If it did, he wouldn't have been able to arrive at the same place he left. But he did.
    But what if this has already happened? What if he changed nothing? What if all time travel in Endgame has already happened?
    Maybe Steve and Peggy decided to keep it a secret to avoid changing the future.
    What do you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• DigiFluid
    replied
    Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Is there an upcoming Hawkeye show?
    Current or announced MCU shows include...
    • Agents of SHIELD - Season 6 (13 ep Season 6 starts May 10, renewed for a 13 ep Season 7)
    • Jessica Jones - Season 3 (already filmed, will be the final season as it's been cancelled)
    • Runaways - Season 3 (ordered, no air date yet)
    • Cloak & Dagger - Season 2 (currently airing)
    • New Warriors - 10 ep Season 1 ordered by Freeform and apparently produced, but Freeform decided not to air it and its production house is supposedly shopping it around for a network that'll air it
    • Falcon and Winter Soldier - 6-8 episode series to air on Disney+
    • Hawkeye series - To air on Disney+, no official title yet. Supposedly the premise is him teaching his daughter Kate Bishop and passing on the bow to her
    • Loki - 6-8 episode series to air on Disney+
    • WandaVision - 6-8 episode series to air on Disney+

Leave a comment:

• Kilgharrah
    replied
    On Disney +

Leave a comment:

• Teddybrown
    replied
    Is there an upcoming Hawkeye show?

Leave a comment:

Working...