Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: Civil War. (News/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally...I am with Iron Man on this one. As much as I like Captain America ('Murica!), the facts just don't agree with him. He was fine working with Shield, and he was fine working the the US Army. Maybe the Hydra reveal shaked him up?

But since Winter Soldier (with the Ant Man as an exception) our heroes have mainly been cleaning up messes of their own creation.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Personally...I am with Iron Man on this one. As much as I like Captain America ('Murica!), the facts just don't agree with him. He was fine working with Shield, and he was fine working the the US Army. Maybe the Hydra reveal shaked him up?

But since Winter Soldier (with the Ant Man as an exception) our heroes have mainly been cleaning up messes of their own creation.
      True many of those messes were of their own creation. BUT why then should ALL super powered individuals be FORCED to sign up, or be 'locked up' (which is what the end result seemed to be for anyone who didn't sign if ross has his way)??

Comment

Only if they want to do any heroing. Ross does like to go the whole distance...but some sort of accountability is needed.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

So if schmuck de muck, who sits at home, goes to work and back, and lives his life as solitary as possible, but HAS a power decides to not sign that accord, he WON'T get 'forcably indexed/locked up by Ross IYO?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            So if schmuck de muck, who sits at home, goes to work and back, and lives his life as solitary as possible, but HAS a power decides to not sign that accord, he WON'T get 'forcably indexed/locked up by Ross IYO?
            Like I said, Ross likes to go the whole distance.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

What was the deal with that Pepper line? Did she leave him? Did she die? Why did Tony look really sad when he saw Pepper's name in the teleprompter?
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

He told Steve that she left him; that he made the grand gesture of quitting in Iron Man 3, but couldn't keep to it, as evidenced by Age of Ultron. Steve said he was sorry, he didn't know.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Did that scene happen when Tony and Steve were talking while Bucky was first being interrogated? Because that was the moment I decided to go to the bathroom.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Could be, but at the moment I've only seen the movie once
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Did that scene happen when Tony and Steve were talking while Bucky was first being interrogated? Because that was the moment I decided to go to the bathroom.
                      Yeah, that's when it was. When he reacted to the teleprompter, I was afraid they killed Pepper offscreen in the Lagos incident.

Comment

Like I said, Ross likes to go the whole distance.
                        Which is partially WHY i felt cap's right.. The accords ARE wrong.

Comment

Which is partially WHY i felt cap's right.. The accords ARE wrong.
                          In the end, he went rogue because he was obsessed with Bucky. He didn't really fight anything evil. So it begs the question, who is he to decide these things? Isn't that why we have governments? Who gave him the authority to act and take the law into his own hands? I am so Iron Man in this one...kinda surprised myself...oh and by the way...never trust Black Widow. She's a slippery one.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd say that the fight at the airport pretty much shows that they need oversight...Imagine the damage that fight caused.

Of course a lot of that damage was from Team Ironman but still...
                            sigpic

Comment

In the end, he went rogue because he was obsessed with Bucky. He didn't really fight anything evil. So it begs the question, who is he to decide these things? Isn't that why we have governments? Who gave him the authority to act and take the law into his own hands? I am so Iron Man in this one...kinda surprised myself...oh and by the way...never trust Black Widow. She's a slippery one.
                              True, the end result was more about bukey than the accords.. BUT in general i felt he was right. Just like in S2, when Gonzales met with Jaijeng, i was all in her favor about telling him "Who is he to decide what inhumans should and should not do".. Who's power is or isn't a threat to society, when for centuries those powered people have lived there and no one's been the wiser..
                              Well, right up to the point she killed him with that Teragen crystal.

Comment

True, the end result was more about bukey than the accords.. BUT in general i felt he was right. Just like in S2, when Gonzales met with Jaijeng, i was all in her favor about telling him "Who is he to decide what inhumans should and should not do".. Who's power is or isn't a threat to society, when for centuries those powered people have lived there and no one's been the wiser..
                                Well, right up to the point she killed him with that Teragen crystal.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X