Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: Civil War. (News/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Good god. Captain America 3 just turned into Avengers 2.5 with the announcement of the whole cast of characters.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586/...rica_civil_war

Spoilers for the Avengers:

Spoiler:
    Captain America
    Ironman
    Black Widow
    The Winter Soldier
    Falcon
    Vision
    Hawkeye
    War Machine
    Scarlet Witch
    Ant Man
    Black Panther
    Spiderman
    Agent 13
    General Thadeus Ross (Incredible Hulk finally getting some recognition)
    Martin Freeman in an undisclosed role

There are more Avengers than in Age of Ultron in the upcoming movie.
    Holy movie cast list batman!

Comment

They really should have just titled this one as another Avengers film. The subject matter and the number of major players in it....this one is probably going to rock the MCU to its core. At this point, it seems odd that such a pivotal story for their film universe would not be an Avengers title.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

True. With both the subject matter AND the cast list, this really needs to be billed as Avengers 3 rather than Captain America 3.

Comment

Mark Ruffalo Reveals Hulk's CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Status

Last seen on a one-way trip to seclusion, Mark Ruffalo has revealed the status of The Hulk ahead of Captain America: Civil War’s release next year.
          Previous speculation suggested that the Green Goliath would return from solitary confinement during the film in order to battle a new threat, possibly the Red Hulk. According to Ruffalo, though, that is not the case and Hulk won’t even be a part of Civil War.

Speaking to BadTaste.it about where the character is during Civil War, the actor said, “The reason is too great to be revealed in this movie. I was in the script but then they removed my character. They don’t want to reveal where he is and why. I don’t even know if Hulk will be back soon.”

Could Ruffalo just be playing with fans or is The Hulk really out of the frame for the foreseeable future? Previously, Robert Downey Jr. claimed that Ruffalo was indeed in Civil War, although the actor himself claimed to have no knowledge of that at that particular time. Then there are also stories that Ruffalo has been spotted on the set of Civil War, although even then his scenes might not make the final cut of the movie in order to prolong the mystery over Hulk’s whereabouts.

We guess there’s only one way to find out Hulk’s status for sure: that’s checking out Anthony and Joe Russo’s Captain America: Civil War when it hits screens on May 6th, 2016.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Chris Evans Wants To Be Captain America For The Long Haul

Chris Evans was out promoting his film Before We Go and talked to Collider about renewing his contract with Marvel Studios.

“Listen, if Marvel wants me they got me. I’ve never had such a relationship where you have such – I mean look at my resume, I’m used to being on set being like, ‘Ah is this movie gonna be terrible?’ said Evans.

The 34-year-old actor is signed on for six films and that ends with Avengers: Infinity War.

“Marvel just can’t stop making great movies, they do it in their sleep. It’s wonderful directors and producers and actors and scripts, and it’s like a playground as an actor,” said Evans.

Evans’ schedule for the next few years is pretty booked as Marvel does plan to shoot Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II back-to-back.
            Captain America: Civil War – May 6, 2016
            Avengers: Infinity War Part I – May 4, 2018
            Avengers: Infinity War Part II – May 3, 2019

“It’s so mind-boggling that I was so tentative in the beginning to jump onboard. What an ******* I would be if I hadn’t done this. I mean can you imagine? Kicking myself-I’d never forgive myself,” said Evans.

Before We Go is Evans’ directorial debut and will be in theaters on September 4.

Comment

Good... Chris Evans does a great job with Capt..

Comment

The thing I find I'm most concerned about this movie is whether Wasp is in it or not. That seems weird to type out, but it's true.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

First trailer, came out of nowhere
                  sigpic

Comment

Damn that was cool. Just missing Hulk, hawkeye and thor and all the avengers would be there!

Comment

Hawkeye is in the movie

Everyone but Thor and Hulk. Even General Ross is back from Hulk.
                      sigpic

Comment

Cant wait to get home and watch this on my own PC...

Looks good though!

Comment

Seems like the trailer makes it all about defending Bucky. I wonder where all the Inhumans and now enhanced regular humans popping up all over will fit in.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                            Seems like the trailer makes it all about defending Bucky. I wonder where all the Inhumans and now enhanced regular humans popping up all over will fit in.
                            Same here. Heck when the speculation and leaks of CW were all on the net, it was put out that it was supposed to be dealing WITH the inhuman threat and something to do with requiring all super heroes/inhumans to come and Register with the government, something Cap was all against due to it 'infringing on personal freedom' while Tony was all for...

But another good comment i saw was how is it that Tony seems to be the 'company Yes man' going after Cap, while Cap is now the 'rebel'..

Comment

Tony realized he ****ed up with Ultron, and knows that powered people need some oversight. Makes sense to me.

In the comics it made more sense with a powered person literally destroying an a couple blocks of a city, killing hundreds of people. That kicked off the whole debate.

Edit: Don't forget Bucky, brainwashed or not, is responsible for the death of Tony's parents. That makes this personal as well
                              sigpic

Comment

I know this is the alignments they had in the comic version of thes story, but honestly it makes no sense Tony would be the "Pro-limits" one and Cap would be the "Anti-oversight" one based on what happened in Age of Ultron.

Tony didn't really learn his lesson after making Ultron when he immediately repeated the process by creating Vision, and Cap was the one going on about how irresponsible he was being.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X