Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thunk/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
    He has great chemistry. And he looks like of them when he sulks.
    Hmm...he's so cute when he sulks.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      Squeeze Tom you mean?
      I'd squeeze that tush in a heartbeat! Um, you WERE talking about his tush, right??

Comment

Oh, I don't mind her as a woman, she's just too f***ed up for my liking
        They lost me when they made Starbuck a girl who was more butch than the guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post
          I'd squeeze that tush in a heartbeat! Um, you WERE talking about his tush, right??
          Among other things, I'm sure.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I haven't seen the original one, but given her history it makes sense that she's so angry and unlikeable

Comment

I haven't seen the original one, but given her history it makes sense that she's so angry and unlikeable
              I've watched BSG on and off and she grew on me, to be honest. And the original Starbuck was my first series crush.
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I'm wondering if having a character that people can relate to is actually the issue here.

I can't personally relate to Starbuck at all (and dislike her lots in fact) but I'm sure there are tons of people who can and thus, find her more sympathetic and love her for it.

The same goes for Thor and Loki (heh, just to stay on topic) I think. Thor in the sequel, is the most unrelatable Avenger for me personally and the movie I think, doesn't give him more depth than it did the first where he grows into the realisation that he is the heir to the throne of Asgard. Loki on the other hand....well, I could go on forever about just how dynamic TH made him but what really sold me into Loki was the breathtaking range of emotions and the multifaceted complexity that he shows, all of which are found in us - and hence easier to identify with.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                  I'm wondering if having a character that people can relate to is actually the issue here.

I can't personally relate to Starbuck at all (and dislike her lots in fact) but I'm sure there are tons of people who can and thus, find her more sympathetic and love her for it.

The same goes for Thor and Loki (heh, just to stay on topic) I think. Thor in the sequel, is the most unrelatable Avenger for me personally and the movie I think, doesn't give him more depth than it did the first where he grows into the realisation that he is the heir to the throne of Asgard. Loki on the other hand....well, I could go on forever about just how dynamic TH made him but what really sold me into Loki was the breathtaking range of emotions and the multifaceted complexity that he shows, all of which are found in us - and hence easier to identify with.
                  I think being the "good guy" is more limiting, to be fair to C. Hemsworth. Nevertheless, I thought Thor was a more mature person in this one, and all that layer of sef doubt "I am the heir but am I the better person to do the job?" made him more appealling. But to be honest my vieweing of "dark world" was the following:

Spoiler:
                  mew blah mew blahblah blah LOKI!LOKI! LOLI! mew blah blah IDRIS ELBA ( I multithunk!) mew blah LOKI! mew blah blah blah blah Oh, more LOKI! mew blah mew LOKI!LOKI!

And my sister agrees. She said "he is incredibly interesting to watch." She is not easily impressed. Okay, I contaminate everyone
                  sigpic

Comment

Aren't bad guys often the most interesting ones to watch? At least of the script writers have given the actors something to work with.

Comment

Hahaha...JW, that was exactly like me. (Blah....LOKI LOKI...GOD! LOKI...) I was cheering every time Loki has screen time, which was still too little for me seeing as he was sidelined for quite a while. You're right though, Thor is meant to be more mature, more noble and all...though I found it predictable and well...boring. There's little there to encourage me to 'grow' further with him as a character despite the maturity. I was actually fascinated with Malekith more than him - I think I like bad lads. Pattern here, anyone?

And it's nice to see Idris Elba more animated as Heimdall this time around. I loved him in Luther (that show was phenomenal) and it's so lovely to see he's getting the recognition as well that he deserves.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Hahaha...JW, that was exactly like me. (Blah....LOKI LOKI...GOD! LOKI...) I was cheering every time Loki has screen time, which was still too little for me seeing as he was sidelined for quite a while. You're right though, Thor is meant to be more mature, more noble and all...though I found it predictable and well...boring. There's little there to encourage me to 'grow' further with him as a character despite the maturity. I was actually fascinated with Malekith more than him - I think I like bad lads. Pattern here, anyone?
                        I was a bit disappointed we did not get to know all that much about him. or his sidekick. And yes, baddies all the way!
                        And it's nice to see Idris Elba more animated as Heimdall this time around. I loved him in Luther (that show was phenomenal) and it's so lovely to see he's getting the recognition as well that he deserves.
                        I'm a huge Luther ( and Alice, oh Alice!) fan. He did have a bit more of screen time and still not much. However, it's impressive to watch the quiet dignity he gave to his character in so little time.

Yep, we went to watch the Loki show. That is it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                          I was a bit disappointed we did not get to know all that much about him. or his sidekick. And yes, baddies all the way!

I'm a huge Luther ( and Alice, oh Alice!) fan. He did have a bit more of screen time and still not much. However, it's impressive to watch the quiet dignity he gave to his character in so little time.

Yep, we went to watch the Loki show. That is it!
                          Do you know that Christopher Eccleston actually talked about Malekith and how his character was originally fleshed out a little more (which the movie didn't show?)? That “there is a kind of tragic quality to his quest. Because he’s lost his wife, he’s lost his children. He’s lost everything. And he returns for revenge. And the agent for his revenge is the Aether. If he gets hold of that, he is omnipotent.” (direct quote there) I would have probably liked him even more had they done this.

Luther BBC is such a gem (and scary because many crimes are crimes against women!) but it also made me think so highly of Idris Elba. He's doing the Mandela movie next I think and he'll probably be immense in it as well.

But...Loki for me.
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Pretty men at the premiere

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Ah! Poor Thor!

Although Loki is still my favourite, I do have to agree with Tom on this - the two characters need each other. So many of Loki's motivations and quirks would just disappear without Thor and the character wouldn't be as interesting to watch, nor would we be able to relate to him as well as we do. I thought that there was a lot of sadness in Thor in DW, which we can relate to because of his brother's behaviour, and Jane, and just the state of Nine Realms, making him more multi-faceted as well.

I think they really do bounce off of each other and influence each other, like...

Spoiler:
                              when Thor misleads Loki on their escape from Asgard. I loved the bit when Loki says: "You lied to me. I'm impressed." It was really OOC for Thor to be sneaky, but his brother is rubbing off on him a bit. He's starting to learn that not everything is black and white and sometimes you have to make compromises for the greater good.

Similarly, you see Loki do things that are OOC for him. He had no real reason to protect Jane after the aether had been pulled out of her, but he did - probably because he figured she'd have a part to play in getting rid of Malekith and that it was in his best interests to help preserve the Nine Realms.

For reasons like that, I don't think a dedicated, stand-alone, Loki movie would work that well - despite the fact that I love watching Tom as Loki.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

I think JW and I are just Loki ladies.

I'm still on the bench with TH's proclamation of them needing each other. Maybe they do, maybe they don't...I'm still not that convinced (sorry, TH, but I don't necessarily agree with everything he says!).

A Loki standalone movie could work I think, if he's got enough characters to play off because of the complexity of his actions. (Thor could still make a cameo! Heh) The difficulty really is deciding whether he's going to be a protagonist or an antagonist and if he's both...well, I'd be interested to see how they work that out.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X