No announcement yet.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm........more of Hugh Jackman is ALWAYS a good thing in my book. And if it happens to be in the person of Wolverine.....that's okay too. *happy dance*

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
      Mmmm........more of Hugh Jackman is ALWAYS a good thing in my book. And if it happens to be in the person of Wolverine.....that's okay too. *happy dance*

IHS
      IHS, I see you've joined us here!! Its not really a thunk thread, more of a discussion thread, but that rarely stops us!!!
      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Will Sabretooth be in the 'Wolverine' Sequel?

This from MTV...

...Logan's impending journey to Japan might complicate a cameo from Sabretooth. MTV had a chance to chat with the actor during a press event for his upcoming film "Taking Woodstock." They asked him whether we'd see his take on Victor Creed in the next X-Men movie.

"There's been some smatterings of conversation about it, but nothing concrete yet," Schreiber told MTV News. "I had a ball doing it, so I'd do it again."

"Hugh [Jackman] mentioned that he had some conversations about it, but no one's told me about it yet," he said.

"I'd love to find out what happened to Victor," he said. "I'd like to find out how my Victor became Tyler Mane's Victor."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...y/news/?a=9367

Comment

Oh I think I have that 1982 Wolverine Mini Series! Have to dig up my comics and look. And well read too.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Donner on Wolverine 2

It's X-Men movie day here at IGN, apparently, coming off of our talk yesterday with X-producer Lauren Shuler Donner. (Click here to hear what she had to say about Deadpool and here for the latest on X-Men: First Class.) While discussing the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, we asked Donner if director Gavin Hood would return for the sequel. She hedged.

"You know, we're just going to get the script right first," was her response. "A little extra polish. … We're very excited. It's going to be a great script."

So it's safe to say that Hood may not be back for Wolvie's continued adventures. But the script is being developed right now, with The Usual Suspects' Christopher McQuarrie writing it. The much-loved Wolverine-in-Japan storyline will be the focus of the sequel of course, which Donner points out was originally meant to be the plot of the first film until studio Fox asked for an origin story instead.

continues:
            http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/102/1023838p1.html

Comment

I am extremely optimistic about this sequel. I can't wait to see more of Wolverine.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2
                Release Date: 2011
                Development Status: Fast-tracked. A lot of people saw Wolverine, but not many of them talked about how good it was. Too many mutant cameos distracted from focusing on the titular character, which is something the filmmakers plan to remedy. Oscar-winner Christopher McQuarrie, who scripted The Usual Suspects and did work on the first X-Men movie, will help tell of Logan's journey to Japan, where he fell in love and learned the ways of the samurai.

McQuarrie's involvement leads to speculation that his frequent collaborator Bryan Singer will return to the X-Men franchise, as it seems like Origins' director Gavin Hood is out . No news yet on who the villain will be, but word 'round the campfire suggests that the demon swordsmith Muramasa will appear, and that Omega Red or Silver Fox are potential candidates. The Japan storyline could work out to be as good as X2, if not better. As long as it doesn't have memory-wiping bullets or a boxing match with Blob, it's already better than the first Wolverine movie.
                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10199

Comment

Everything I have heard so far about this movie makes me smile. I really hope they hit a home run with this one.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Video: Hugh Jackman Defends Wolverine and Talks The Japan Theme Sequel!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10738

Comment

What Wolverine's creator wants to see in the next movie

Wolverine creator Len Wein approves of setting a sequel film in Japan and exploring a different side of the character.

"Just exploring the character more," Wein told SCI FI PI, The SCI FI Channel Australia Blog. "The Japanese story, if that's where they're going—and I imagine that is where they're planning to go—is the perfect next choice. Gives you a whole different side of the character. And that allows you to explore aspects that haven't been explored on film so far. You know, the noble warrior, as opposed to the berserker."

continues:
                      http://scifiwire.com/2009/10/what-wo...-creator-w.php

Comment

X-Men Movie Franchise Updates

Empire interviewed X-Producer Lauren Shuler Donner and got some detailed news on what's in store for the coming X-Men franchise...

On Wolverine 2

"That's the furthest along of all the X-Men projects on the boil. It's actually the story we wanted to use for the first Wolverine film, but [Fox head honcho] Tom Rothman preferred to set the character up with an origin story first. This movie will really focus on the relationship between Wolverine and Mariko, the daughter of a Japanese crime lord, and what happens to him in Japan. We're very fortunate to have a story mostly outlined for us [from the comic book arc co-written by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller]. And we wanted an A+ writer, so we want to Chris McQuarrie (Valkyrie, The Usual Suspects). He came in and has tightened the story and got really immersed in the whole thing - he's in Japan in his head!

We want to make it authentic so I think it's very likely we'll be shooting in Japan. Also, by the way, we are looking to have the Japanese Fox executives involved in helping and counselling us, because it's a different culture and we don't want to portray the way they speak, dress and act in an inaccurate way. I think it's likely the characters will speak English rather than Japanese with subtitles.

What's cool about this part of the saga is that Wolverine will be fighting in a different style to what we've seen before. Mariko's father has this stick-like weapon, so Wolverine will have to fight against that. There'll be samurai, ninja, katana blades, different forms of martial arts - mano-a-mano, extreme fighting. We're going to come up with a new style of fighting. It's going to be awesome."
                        http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_.../news/?a=11017

Comment

I LOLed at the adamantium bullet going through Logan's adamantium skull (it should've simply bounced off)

Comment

I'm very glad there will be another one. I really enjoyed the first movie.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
                              I'm very glad there will be another one. I really enjoyed the first movie.
                              I have a feeling this one will be even better than the first.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I wanna see Wolverine Vs Hulk!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X