X-Men Origins: Wolverine Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolverine director Gavin Hood hints at easter eggs

Gavin Hood, director of the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine, told reporters on Friday that the film would feature not one but two different easter eggs at the end of the film's credits. (Spoilers ahead!)

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/wolveri...ctor-gavin.php

Comment

Wolverine Movie's Many Endings

According to director Gavin Hood, his X-Men Origins: Wolverine will have multiple super secret endings!

So our friend Alex Billingsly of FirstShowing.net says...

They've hidden multiple secret endings at the end of credits on different prints, and you have to go to different theaters to see them.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_...e/news/?a=7131

Comment

Wolverine & Star Trek Outselling Iron Man In Ticket Sales

Remember last year when a then relatively unknown Marvel superhero got his big screen debut? He goes by the alias Iron Man and he earned nearly $100 million at the box-office in his opening weekend.

If ticket pre-sales are any indicator, it’s possible that Wolverine in his solo spin-off origin film may beat Iron Man’s opening weekend. It doesn’t seem like that leaked, unfinished version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine is hampering pre-sales as MovieTickets.com is reporting that it’s currently outselling Iron Man 3-to-1 in ticket sales in the same time frame prior to release.

Surprised? Impressed? Well, that’s not all! J.J. Abrams franchise-saving Star Trek is doing even better than that despite the fact it is being released a week later

http://screenrant.com/wolverine-outs...ales-rob-6939/

Comment

Hugh Jackman on why Wolverine slays ... his fans

Hugh Jackman, star of the upcoming action film X-Men Origins: Wolverine, told reporters that he thinks that character details in films like this are as important as the action sequences.

"I think comic-book fans have loved Wolverine for more than the action," Jackman said in a news conference on Saturday in Los Angeles. "He was the first antihero, and there was not just good guys versus bad guys, but an internal battle of good and bad going on within the character. Yeah, they're cool, and they've got claws or they can do amazing things, swords, cards, all of that great, fun stuff, but each one of them has a personal battle going on, and that's why audiences can relate."

In Wolverine, Jackman reprises his role as the title character, aka Logan, who originally appeared to audiences as part of the X-Men film series. In addition to discussing the prospect of helming his own franchise, Jackman spoke to reporters alongside director Gavin Hood and co-star Liev Schreiber about developing the character's complex backstory and personal relationships. The following is an edited version of that interview. X-Men Origins: Wolverine opens Friday. (Spoilers ahead!)

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/wolveri...hugh-jackm.php

Comment

'Wolverine' release delayed over swine flu

The Mexico premiere of X-Men Origins: Wolverine is to be delayed due to fears over the swine flu outbreak.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the release of the Marvel Studios film will possibly be pushed back to May 14

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...swine-flu.html

Comment

Exclusive Wolverine Video Interviews!

ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! asked visitors to submit questions for Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds and Taylor Kitsch about the highly-anticipated X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8282

Comment

How Wolverine's Hugh Jackman makes him a rough guy again

Hugh Jackman, star of the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine, told reporters that he was eager to see his character return to the rough-and-tumble personality that he had at the beginning of the X-Men series.

"It's fair to say that by X-Men 3, Wolverine had gotten probably a little soft," Jackman said in a news conference on Saturday in Los Angeles. "I kind of agree with them there, and I think what fans love about Wolverine is that he's more in a way more uncompromising in his approach to life."

In Wolverine, Jackman reprises his role as Logan, this time in order to set up an origin story for character, including where he originally came from and how his body was transformed into a killing machine. In addition to talking about juggling the audience's expectations as he returns to the role, Jackson talked about the new challenges he faced bringing the character to life, both physically and emotionally. The following is an edited version of that news conference.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/how-wol...hugh-jackm.php

Comment

Saw the film yesterday at the cinema, I really did enjoy it. It wasn't perfect or 100% accurate to the source material but i never expected it to be.

Spoiler:
                  One of my biggest issue was the fact the made Silverfox a mutant and made her Emma Frosts sister at the same time. The other was the whole weapon 11, with it being Deadpool, but i knew about that before going into the film. Finally the bullet to lose his memories was kinda a quick fix type of thing. Ryan Reynolds was great as Wade Wilson IMO, just a shame there wasn't more of him. And i was pleasantly surprised at Gambit in terms of the acting, but Gambit didnt really need to be there.

Biggest Shock about the film:-
                  Spoiler:
                  was Patrick Stewart's cameo! great idea IMO to tie in x-men first class.
                  Last edited by Madwelshboy; 30 April 2009, 01:32 AM.

Comment

"I think I'm turning Japanese!" Says Wolverine actor Hugh Jackman

I love Wolverine, you love Wolverine, and best of all, Hugh Jackman loves Wolverine. So much so that it seems he may be pushing for a movie adaptation of the Japanese saga.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...t/news/?a=7206

Comment

Fox Chairman Tom Rothman Talks

Rothman when asked about Wolverine Origins 2(Japanese Storyline), Gambit spinoff, Deadpool spinoff, and X-men First Class responded with:

"If it[X-Men Origins:Wolverine] works out well, and we think it will. Then we're going to be hard at work on them."
                      He then went on to say:
                      "There are, for those true fans, who stay all they way to the end of the credits. There will be some hints on what ones are coming next..."
                      http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=7207

Comment

I'd like to hear what people thought about the movie, anyone?

Is it just another over hyped film like watchmen?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          I'd like to hear what people thought about the movie, anyone?

Is it just another over hyped film like watchmen?
                          My opinions:-
                          Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Saw the film yesterday at the cinema, I really did enjoy it. It wasn't perfect or 100% accurate to the source material but i never expected it to be.

Spoiler:
                          One of my biggest issue was the fact the made Silverfox a mutant and made her Emma Frosts sister at the same time. The other was the whole weapon 11, with it being Deadpool, but i knew about that before going into the film. Finally the bullet to lose his memories was kinda a quick fix type of thing. Ryan Reynolds was great as Wade Wilson IMO, just a shame there wasn't more of him. And i was pleasantly surprised at Gambit in terms of the acting, but Gambit didnt really need to be there.

Biggest Shock about the film:-
                          Spoiler:
                          was Patrick Stewart's cameo! great idea IMO to tie in x-men first class.

Comment

'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' grosses $35 million Friday night

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is howling its way to the top of the box office with an opening day gross of $35 million. Bowing in 4,099 theaters, the film boasted a per-screen average of $8,539 on Friday. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (starring Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner) also scored a healthy opening-day number, with $5.8 million in 3,175 theaters. Wolverine's opening-day haul lags behind 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand's single-day opening gross of $45 million, according to Hollywood.com's box office analyst Paul Dergarabedian. Whether the can make up the deficit in the next two days remains to be seen. If not, it's highly unlikely the Hugh Jackman flick will manage to match Iron Man's gross of $98.6 from this same weekend last year

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...origins-w.html

Comment

I saw it yesterday and, from a purely esthetic POV, Hugh Jackman was OMG hot!

The story was interesting, the FX were great and, did I mention, HJ was OMG hot!

At one point in the film, there were some wolverine-like yips from some of the female audience. Ladies, you'll know the moment when you see it.
                              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                              sigpic

Comment

This movie did not disappoint me. Jackman is perfect as that character.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X