No announcement yet.

Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always thought they used magic. I mean... A Viking ship that travels through space? Magic. Or magnets.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      I've always thought they used magic. I mean... A Viking ship that travels through space? Magic. Or magnets.
      Viking Ship, probably powered by slaves.

sigpic

Comment

Nah. Powered by... oars.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Oars? That's as believable as wind being caught in the sails.

sigpic

Comment

Thor Goes Gangster

Anthony Hopkins has been talking up his role in the forthcoming Thor flick, saying, "I don't just play a father, I play the godfather."

Hopkins is currently starring as Odin -- ruler of Asgard and father of Thor -- in the Marvel movie, with Kenneth Branagh directing.

And speaking to the Los Angeles Times, Hopkins said of Odin "He's a stern man. He's a man with a purpose. I play the god who banishes his son from the kingdom of Asgard because he screwed up.

"He's a hot-headed, temperamental young man -- probably a chip off the old block -- but I decided he's not really ready to rule the future kingdom, so I banish him. I'm harsh and my wife complains and I say, 'That's why I'm king.' He's ruthless, take-it-or-leave-it."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069832p1.html

Comment

Hurt: 'No Ross in upcoming Marvel films'

William Hurt has revealed that he will not be reprising his role as General Ross in any of the current Marvel films.

In an interview with MTV, the actor said that he has not been contacted by the studio with regard to portraying the character in Iron Man 2 or Thor. Ross previously appeared in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

However, Hurt went on to say that he would be interested in appearing as the military leader again in the future. "If they call me I'll answer," he said. It is thought that the character could feature in 2012's Avengers.

Earlier this month, Iron Man 2 helmer Jon Favreau confirmed that the superhero sequel will take place before the events of Incredible Hulk, which could explain the absence of Hurt's character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...vel-films.html

Comment

Insider Info On The Thor Film

LatinoReview recently interviewed one of their sources from the set of Thor. There's so much info, your head may explode. At the same time, we may have to remain a bit skeptical about the info considering so much of the information on the internet turns out to be bogus. However, after reading this article, it seems that either all the info here could be true.

A couple of the questions revolve around the Hulk. Where is he, and what does the Thor movie take place in this new Marvel Filmverse time-line?

Spoiler:
                Thor is set after The Incredible Hulk. In the script we make mention of gamma radiation and one of the scientist characters, I think Stellan Skarsgard's Professor Ford recalls, “There was brilliant scientist (Bruce Banner). He was a genius with gamma radiation and somehow S.H.I.E.L.D. made him disappear.” ... So, this is obviously pre-Avengers, post-Incredible Hulk.

continues:
                http://www.comicvine.com/news/inside...r-film/140625/

Comment

Even More Thor Movie Secrets

A storm is coming...Yesterday we had some secrets from the Thor set and today, we’ve got another preponderance of scoops from our compadres at Latino Review. It’s a lengthy report so I’ll just focus on the tidbits relevant to you, oh savy Comic Vine community. If you’d like to hear some celebrity gossip and detailings of characters Thor fans should already be familiar with, go check out the rest of their article.

Spoiler:
                  Was Samuel L. Jackson telling the truth when he said that he doesn't appear in Thor?
                  Yes. In the official script version, he is not. That could change in time though. He wasn't in the original script of Iron Man either but they changed it late in the game. The same can be said for Robert Downey Jr. In fact the only cameo of great significance is from Stan Lee.

Are there any Easter eggs or hidden clues in Thor?
                  No, in terms of the script, it’s pretty straight forward. It’s more through the dialogue, here and there that they’ll say something. Everything’s obviously connected, like every piece of S.H.I.E.L.D. tech has the Stark Industries logo on it. Even on a pen or computer screens in the movie. You’ll notice it on the computer screen’s upper left-hand corner, everything says Stark Industries. You already know that we have a deal with Tony Stark, which you kind of got from the first Iron Man's conclusion. Now you know S.H.I.E.L.D. is officially in league with him. And you’ll probably see stuff like that in Captain America or The Avengers on a S.H.I.E.L.D. heli-carrier.

continues:
                  http://www.comicvine.com/news/even-m...ecrets/140636/

Comment

check out the DVD Planet Hulk

The Thunder God and Thor's pal Beta Ray Bill make an appearance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Hulk_%28film%29

Planet Hulk is a 2010 direct-to-DVD animated film created by Marvel Animation and released by Lionsgate Home Entertainment. It is based on the "Planet Hulk" storyline by Greg Pak and Carlo Pagulayan.
                    Although the Silver Surfer originally appeared in the comic version of "Planet Hulk," due to licensing issues he could not be used in the film (the same infringements are not on The Super Hero Squad Show incarnation of the Surfer), and so the animators substituted Beta Ray Bill, with the creators feeling he is a powerful substitute who never had an animated counterpart and it was time.[4] A flashback based on the events of the comic book Journey Into Mystery #83 (referenced in the comic book storyline Planet Hulk and the first appearance of Thor) establishes Bill as a character before his appearance on Sakaar, though Bill was not in the original comic book story, as it was published over twenty years before he first appeared.

Comment

Marvel President Kevin Feige Shares Status on Marvel Films!!

Wednesday was a big day for Marvel Studios because director Jon Favreau wrapped up "Iron Man 2." Kevin Feige, Marvel's president of production, was in a celebratory mood, but it was split with with anger over the New York Daily News reports, which Feige called "garbage."

Feige said the plan to meld the Marvel Universe on the silver screen will move forward dramatically now and he said there are some surprises in "Iron Man 2" that set up an unexpected bond to the "Captain America" movie that director Joe Johnston is doing early work on now in England.

Samuel L. Jackson will NOT be in "Thor."

"Now many of the pieces are in place ... with 'Iron Man 2' finished and 'Thor' more than halfway done, that lattice work is being built."

Feige said Branagh is proving to be the ideal choice for "Thor" -- the executive knew he would be after seeing the buoyant and accessible "Much Ado About Nothing," which made Shakespeare fun and funny even to "comic book fans like me," Feige said. He added: "You could actually laugh and understand all of it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16535

Comment

Stan Lee's 'Thor' Cameo Will Be...

It was only a matter of time until they revealed Stan Lee's cameo in the upcoming THOR movie, and while it has not yet been confirmed, rumor has it Lee will be playing a truck driver.
                        Spoiler:
                        Thor's hammer ( Mjolnir ) is found lying inside a crater in the middle of the road by the U.S. Army. The army tries to move it but can't because it's too heavy. They decide to bring in a truck for assistance. The soldiers tie Thor's hammer to the back of the truck with chains. The truck driver accelerates to pull Mjohnir. The back half of the truck falls apart as the front keeps moving. Finally, the camera cuts to the driver who happens to be comic legend Stan Lee.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/stan-l...ill-be/140938/#

Sam Jackson Not Appearing In Thor

Q: You’ve talked about doing nine films as Nick Fury and that it would be a gradual road before you get a Nick Fury film. How has that journey been?
                        Sam: I got started on it when I did the end of Iron Man 1. My foot was on the path. Now, my foot is a little deeper on the path 'cause we've got Iron Man 2. I'm not in Thor. I’m supposed to do Captain America this summer in London.

Q: Why aren’t you in Thor?
                        Sam: I have no idea. I'm not in charge of making those decisions. I thought I was. They said I was in the trades, and I was like, "Oh, I've got a job!" And then, I called my agent and she said, "Nah, you're not in it. They misprinted." I was like, “Well ****, they need to pay me just 'cause they put my name in it."

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...news&Itemid=71
                        Last edited by Madwelshboy; 20 April 2010, 01:13 AM.

Comment

First look at Hemsworth as Thor...

Linky
                          Last edited by Dr Lee; 30 April 2010, 06:41 AM.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Not sure what to make of that to be honest. I'd rather see a full character image, but I can't complain yet.

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if they're going to stick with the hammed up, over-the-top dialogue for Thor. I hope so

I'm guessing (Iron Man 2 spoiler)
                              Spoiler:
                              That the truck bit MWB's spoiler tag 3 posts up will be picking up directly from where the post-credits Iron Man 2 scene left off.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Concept Art of Thor 'Chris Hemsworth' Revealed!

Earlier today, we finally got a chance to see Captain America's costume that actor, 'Chris Evans' will don in Captain America: The First Avenger. Well hold on to your butts because now we have our first full look at Thor.

Pics at:
                                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=18735

Comment

Working...
                                X