No announcement yet.

Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director Kenneth Branagh told IGN a little bit about his work on the Asgardian project. "We're having a great time at the moment. We're in intense pre-production," Branagh said. "I shoot 'Thor' in January of next year and because the time of release has been moved, it's allowed me to have a moment in the summer where I can shoot the Wallanders ... and, strangely, there's a weird, pleasing connection between the Swedish Wallander and the Nordic Thor. And as I've played a lot of Danish Hamlets, I feel as though my Scandinavian trilogy is forming. Tom Hiddleston is a great actor and he, amongst a number of others, has been part of the group we've spoken to and all that's still a work in progress."
    I'm glad things are going well!
    Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Marvel Studios Chief Teases ‘Thor’ Casting Announcements, Updates ‘The Avengers’ Status!

As the president of production, Feige is bound to know a thing or two about where the comic book films are headed — and he’s proving it with some recent updates on “Thor” and “The Avengers.”

“We will probably be having cast announcements in the next month or so on ‘Thor,’” Feige told Empire Online of the hammer-wielding superhero’s upcoming movie. “We’re looking to cast Loki and Odin soon, and the main female role.”

Rumors have circulated for months that Josh Hartnett is the frontrunner for Loki, while Natalie Portman is being courted for the still unidentified female lead — so it’s nice to hear that we’ll know just how true those reports are in a matter of weeks.

Feige also confirmed yesterday’s statement from Kenneth Branagh that filming on “Thor” will begin early next year. The Marvel chief has nothing but kind words for Branagh, who he says is already hard at work on the film.

“Branagh’s here, we’re prepping, and he’s putting together some spectacular animatics already for our first action scene,” Feige said. “We’re digging into the second and third now, and we are just embarking on a rewrite of the draft.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=7335

Comment

Thor Casting is in the Final Stages

Thor director Kenneth Branagh dropped by the MTV studios and was asked about the casting of the title role.

"We're down to the final stages of it," Branagh said. "The reason one has to be properly diplomatic, is simply that some talented peopled have been patient, kind, creative and really committed to working with us in this process."

He added that "My reluctance to say anything about it is simply out of respect for people who have been extremely respectful of us. That said, I think we are extremely close and I hope to announce a decision sooner rather than later."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=8328

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          Thor Casting is in the Final Stages

Thor director Kenneth Branagh dropped by the MTV studios and was asked about the casting of the title role.

"We're down to the final stages of it," Branagh said. "The reason one has to be properly diplomatic, is simply that some talented peopled have been patient, kind, creative and really committed to working with us in this process."

He added that "My reluctance to say anything about it is simply out of respect for people who have been extremely respectful of us. That said, I think we are extremely close and I hope to announce a decision sooner rather than later."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=8328
          I sure hope that is the case.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Star Trek's Chris Hemsworth will play Thor, star in Red Dawn

Deadline Hollywood reported that Star Trek's Chris Hemsworth has won the title role in Kenneth Branagh's Thor, with the approval of Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige.

Hemsworth—who played James Kirk's father, George, in J.J. Abrams' hit Trek—has also been cast in the lead role of Jed Eckert in director Dan Bradley's Red Dawn remake, taking the role that Patrick Swayze played in the original, a source confirmed for SCI FI Wire. He will do that film before taking on Thor, our source said.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/star-tr...s-hemswort.php

Last edited by Madwelshboy; 01 June 2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting choice. Definitely didn't see that one coming.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Tom Hiddleston To Play Loki in Thor Movie

According to Deadline Hollywood Daily, the part of Loki has gone to Tom Hiddleston, an award-winning British actor and Royal Academy Of Dramatic Arts (RADA) graduate. He played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's "The Gathering Storm" and has starred in "Ivanov" opposite Branagh on the London stage and also starred with him in the BBC miniseries "Wallander."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=7588

Last edited by Madwelshboy; 01 June 2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Definitely interesting choices. Some shoulder length hair should do wonders in transforming Mr. Kirk into god Thor.
                  Hiddleston looks like Sylvester McCoy... Well, to me he does.
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Marvel Confirms Loki Actor, but why not Thor?

As earlier reported Marvel has made Hiddleston official as Loki but why no word on Chris Hemsworth as Thor?

So, Loki is officially locked in — and that’s the good news. But what about Hemsworth as Thor?

Reports have come in that the “Star Trek” actor was in the final stages of negotiations to play the Norse God, but there’s still no word from Marvel themselves.

Of course, it may be that his contract is just a bit more hairy than Hiddleston's and its taking more time. Whoever assumes the winged helmet of Thor will need to commit to “The Avengers” at the very least. Given that, Hemsworth could be knee-deep in a bureaucratic battle of contract negotiations...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=7603

Comment

More Asgardians for Thor Movie

Thanks to Twitter we have learned that Clifton Collins Jr. may be joining the cast of Thor

Well in the last twenty four hours or so the actor posted two messages on Twitter.

First: "Studying my ass off for THOR, gonna be a late night,
                      well worth the loss of sleep!"

Second: "...hitting THOR hard this mornin!"

Nothing confirmed by Branagh or the studio but what Clifton is implying is that the audition he has got is a little bit bigger then just a Asgardian Guard

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...t/news/?a=7717

Comment

Ashley Miller and Tom Hiddleston on Thor!

CineFOOLS has posted a great interview with Thor co-writer Ashley Miller talking about the Marvel Studios comic book adaptation. Here's a cool excerpt from the article:

Not in the sense that you'd want to see a generic "dark" take on Thor, but in the sense that you want to feel Thor's rage when he rages. You want to see him fight like hell, and take as much he dishes out -- maybe more. You want to have a visceral reaction to the guy, and what happens to him. You don't want his adventures to be clean and antiseptic. You want to see the dirt, and grime and blood. You want to feel every bone crunching moment of every fight. And when he unleashes the storm, you want to feel like you're seeing the power of a GOD at work.
                        The Daily Mail talked to Tom Hiddleston about playing the villain, Loki. Check out these bits...

'Loki's like a comic book version of Edmund in King Lear, but nastier,' Tom observed.

How much nastier? 'Well, Loki's skilled in black magic and scorcery. He's a shape-shifter and has all sorts of super powers from the dark arts. He can turn clouds into dragons, things like that.'

Between now and January, when Thor begins shooting, Tom has to keep himself fit and healthy.

'Ken wants Loki to have a lean and hungry look, like Cassius in Julius Caesar. Physically, he can't be posing as Thor.'
                        Thor is scheduled for a May 20, 2011 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=8375

Comment

This is film Im am looking forward to.

Comment

Thor screenwriter reveals how the character will fit into the Marvel movie universe...

“Our script is very firmly rooted in the Marvel film world. We were constantly looking for ways to connect Thor to the other movies and heroes, even if they were simply in passing. Part of grounding Thor in the world is grounding him in the specific, fictional world he inhabits. How many of those references and connections make it to the final product are beyond our control, but they are everywhere.”

"I’m not sure I accept the distinction between 'fantasy' and 'comic book'. Thor’ is a comic book film in that it’s based on the Marvel conception of the character as super-hero. But there are definitely some big fantasy elements working behind that. He is the God of Thunder, after all. It’s hard to approach the character without both of those things informing the work."

"Thor’s powers are godly, yes. And his zip code is a little different,” Miller continued. “But at the end of the day, he’s a man. In the comics, Odin sends him to Earth because he’s not perfect. He’s brash, arrogant. Even over-confident. We all know that guy — some of us have even been that guy. Stan Lee’s genius was to give Thor-as-hero an emotional throughline we could all relate to, and knock him down a couple of pegs … The challenge is to dramatize that and make the audience see what the fans have known and believed about the character all along.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=7779

Comment

Hawk Man Cast as Odin in Thor Movie?

Known for his loud form of sing-song "acting," the ultimate british blow-hard, Brian Blessed, is reportedly being looked at to play Thor's daddy. You probably know him best as the King of the Hawk men from Flash Gordon.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/news/?a=7801

Comment

That guy's still alive?! Seems like a good fit for Odin.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X