Clear All

some casting rumors
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Is-Br...hor-12297.html

http://movies.ign.com/articles/960/960823p1.html

Comment

Hartnett, Skarsgård touted for 'Thor'
      Wednesday, March 11 2009, 19:04 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Josh Hartnett and Alexander Skarsgård have been linked with roles in Kenneth Branagh's Thor movie.

According to IESB.net, Hartnett is interested in taking on the role of villain Loki in the Marvel adaptation after seeing Heath Ledger's success as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Loki is based on the Norse god of mischief who regularly battles his adoptive brother Thor in the Marvel comic series.

In addition, Alexander Skarsgård is the latest name to be linked to the title role. The True Blood actor, who is the son of Mamma Mia! star Stellan Skarsgård, is reportedly the frontrunner to land the coveted part ahead of Channing Tatum.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-for-thor.html

Comment

Marvel pushes back 'Thor', 'Avengers'
        Friday, March 13 2009, 06:10 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Marvel has delayed its superhero blockbusters Thor and The Avengers by a year, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Thor's new release date is June 17, 2011, moved from July 16, 2010, while The Avengers is now on course for a May 4, 2012 arrival having been originally planned for July 15, 2011.

Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said that the change of dates are in order to space out the release of their solo superhero movies before uniting the characters for ensemble film The Avengers.

"[It] maximizes the visibility of our single-character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," he explained.

Initial plans would have seen two Marvel movies out in 2010 (Iron Man 2 and Thor) and three the following year (The First Avenger: Captain America, Spider-Man 4 and The Avengers).

Captain America has also been shifted back two months to July 22, 2011, with Spider-Man 4 slotting into its old May 6 release date.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-avengers.html

Comment

Josh Hartnett, Natalie Portman and a new release date for THOR!!

These kind of stories would usually fall into the rumor category but not only has Nikki Finke been spot on about some scoops at Marvel for a good number of weeks now (Rourke, Johansson, Jackson in IRON MAN 2) but these reports are very much in line from what I’ve been hearing personally and from other sites.

First up, it’s reported that Natalie Portman is Kenneth Branagh’s first choice to play the lead female role, probably the love interest Amora the Enchantress…

For the lead role of THOR, the following actors are said to have screentested…

Josh Hartnett - Kenneth Branagh who is a close personal friend of Hartnett and was impressed by his performance in Othello on stage in London has made it clear he wants Hartnett in the picture either as THOR or the villain LOKI.

Physically, he most definitely suits the latter and at this point it looks like he will play the villain part. Some heads at Marvel wanted him to play the lead THOR because of his name status, though I say it’s been a while since Harnett has been a Marquee figure.

Alexander Skarsgård - 6?4 son of veteran actor Stellan and star of GENERATION KILL and TRUE BLOOD. We spoke about the dinner meeting he had with Branagh

Tom Hiddelston, British actor who worked with Branagh on the t.v. series WALLANDER recently. He is a 27 year old London born actor who has yet to appear in a feature film. Must be seen as an outsider choice.

Charlie Hunnam, Newcastle born 28 year old actor who is the co-star of the U.S. series SONS OF ARNACHY. He has appeared in CHILDREN OF MEN and HOOLIGANS.

Liam Hemsworth, the younger brother of Chris Hemsworth (who is playing Kirk’s father in flashback scenes in STAR TREK) and is an alumni of Neighbours. He has recently appeared in KNOWING and has been offered a signifciant role in THE EXPENDABLES after Stallone was impressed by the kids tape reel.

Joel Kinnaman, Sweedish American actor who has been in the game for about six years

From the looks of them, only Skarsgård fills me with much hope and I’m glad to hear that he has screen tested for the role. I think they are probably right to cast an unknown in this part but the thought of Natalie Portman and Josh Hartnett stinking up the screen is just panic inducing.

They are exactly the kind of actors I feared would jump on board once Branagh was hired to direct, they are most definitely his kind of actors.

In a further update, Marvel for the second time in a week have changed the release date of the picture. THOR will now open on May 20th, 2011 instead of June 16th, 2011 moving away just slightly further from THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA which opens on July 22nd.

SPIDER-MAN 4 will kick off Marvel’s year in 2011, opening May 6th and with TRANSFORMERS and HARRY POTTER installments coming in July of that month, any chance of THE DARK KNIGHT sequel coming that year must have truly vanished now.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/thor...e-for-thor.php

Comment

Branagh & Thor Are Team Players For Marvel

Kenneth Branagh, the director for the upcoming Marvel film Thor, is proving why he’s the perfect choice for the gig.

MTV News spoke with Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada and they spent time discussing Branagh and how well he is playing into the bigger picture of the Marvel universe and their intertwining stories.

“[Branagh] understood that there was this very, very big tapestry of the Marvel movies… There’s continuity within the movies and he really wanted to play within that and wanted it to be part of the other movies.”
            Unlike Nolan and his stance on keeping his Batman away from the rest of the DC Universe and their movies, Branagh is a team player and is working towards the Marvel films designed as a connected family of movies leading up to the ultimate team-up movie in The Avengers.

“He was really, really loving the interconnectivity between all of these characters,” said Quesada, “and even thinking ahead as to how does ‘Thor’ interrelate with the ‘Iron Man’ movies. How will he interrelate with the Avengers movies, and how do we set these things up.”
            Branagh wrote, directed and acted in several Shakespeare films such as Much Ado About Nothing, Love’s Labour’s Lost and Henry V. Needless to say, he’s extremely talented and his background perfectly suits him to helm the Thor movie.

I’m very excited for this Marvel film, maybe even slightly more than some of the other films on Marvel’s release schedule. I believe Branagh will do this film justice and will help set the stage for The Avengers and hopefully more sequels and team-up films down the road.

On another positive note, it sounds like they may be getting close to casting the lead role for this film.

Thor opens in theaters at its new later date of June 17, 2011.

http://screenrant.com/kenneth-branagh-awesome-rob-6247/

Comment

I can't wait until they cast Thor.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thor has got to look tough and rugged not pretty boyish and commercial like some Joss Whedon production - or Josh Freidman production as far as new Aaron Spelling producer teeny types.
                Q: Up all night on forums again?
                A: "Indeed!" Teal'C Stargate: SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by rramarr View Post
                  Thor has got to look tough and rugged not pretty boyish and commercial like some Joss Whedon production - or Josh Freidman production as far as new Aaron Spelling producer teeny types.
                  I agree. Thor should definitely have a tough and rugged look.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

G.I. Thor No More

He told MTV news that he is no longer in the running for the role of the Norse Nutjob..

“I think they’re looking for someone more Nordic-looking,” Tatum said during a press event for his new film, “Fighting.” However, Tatum confirmed that he had indeed been interested in the part, and even met with director Kenneth Branagh about donning the golden locks and toting the mythical hammer.

Ever since Marvel released a public casting-call for “Thor” earlier this year, a number of names have been linked to the role including, most persistently, that of Alexander Skarsgard who certainly matches the “Nordic-looking” requirement. Tatum had no knowledge as to whether Skargard (or anyone else, for that matter) has been offered the role.

Barring an announcement of the lead, work on “Thor” is still certainly moving forward — at least as far as casting rumors would suggest. Last month saw a casting rumor that Natalie Portman had joined the “Thor” lineup, as well as the rumored-casting of Josh Hartnett as lead-villian Loki.

The film also received a release date delay of nearly a year, to June 17, 2011. The updated release gives Branagh a good bit more breathing room and allows him to work in tangent with other directors as Marvel maps out its filmic universe.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=6911

Comment

Natalie Portman?! Wonderful! I've always loved her acting and choice of movies. I hope she's in Thor... but as who?
                      As for Alexander Skarsgård... He certainly looks the part. Add about 50 pounds of muscle, we're all set.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        Natalie Portman?! Wonderful! I've always loved her acting and choice of movies. I hope she's in Thor... but as who?
                        As for Alexander Skarsgård... He certainly looks the part. Add about 50 pounds of muscle, we're all set.
                        Amora the Enchantress, so reports say.

Comment

The Search for Thor Slowing Down

ReelzChannel recently reported that the amazing director of the upcoming Thor movie, Kennth Branagh, is going to take a little bit longer in his casting for the God of Thunder and his supporting cast.

Channing Tatum was thought to be in the running, but he has officially been removed from consideration. Tatum told MTV that, while he did meet with Branagh about the role, he is no longer a candidate. "I think they're looking for someone more Nordic-looking."

With the release date pushed back till 2011 Branagh will have plenty of time to make the correct choice for the Son of Odin. My money for Thor is on Karl Urban.

Maybe this will give Branagh the opportunity to realize that he doesn't need an actor to play Loki, since he himself is perfect for the role.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...y/news/?a=6935

Comment

Thor Casting Update: Charlie Hunnam

Sounds like IGN caught up with Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam at the premiere for Mutant Chronicles, starring Hunnam's Anarchy co-star Ron Perlman. Charlie was asked about the recent report that he was up for the lead role in Marvel's Thor movie.

Hunnam confirmed that he has screen tested for the part and when asked if the screen test consisted of wearing a pointy helmet and running around with a large Hammer, Hunnam replied, "Something like that."

Hunnam could not confirm that he has indeed landed the role but says that his agents have been talking back and forth with Marvel. Hunnam thinks that since Marvel pushed back the start date of Thor a couple months the studio is taking there time searching for the perfect actor to fill the God of Thunders boots.

Hunnam's credits include the films Children of Men, Cold Mountain, Nicholas Nickleby, and the TV series Undeclared and Queer as Folk

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7098

Comment

James Preston Rogers Makes His Case For Thor

We get to hear straight from the actors mouth on why he should play The God of Thunder.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7183

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                [B]My money for Thor is on Karl Urban.
                                Good choice, he would play that part well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X