Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    3D needs to die. Thor should whack it to death with Mjolnir.
    I not to bothered about 3d, cant see the effect, so the only effect is on the wallet.

But I am starting to here good words about 3d looking in dance films and a couple of art house movies. So hopefully that will start to filterdown into other movies.

Comment

I've watched it yesterday, but was too tired to come here after it.
      It was 3D (and German), and I found the 3D not that bad. The movie itself was good, the effects were really awesome, I liked the introduction of the characters and the Asgard design. But for me the story was not really boring, but also not very exciting.
      For me: Good movie, worth watching, but not worth DVD-buying.
      sigpic

Comment

I watched it in German and 3D as well. I LOVED it!!!! Every bit and peace of this movie! After ten minutes after it began I did not mind the german... The music, the setting, the actors, hell I even liked Natalie Portman here... I think this is the best Marvel with Iron Man I / II ! I am so hyped for Captain America and The Avengers now.. and I cannot wait to see Thor 2, I hope it does well in the cinema! I stayed until the very end...
        Spoiler:
        boy I did I giggled when I saw Nick Fury... and it was awesome to see Stan Lee again

I cannot wait to see it in english and in the normal version...I hope we do not have to wait until December for the dvd...
        Last edited by Sp!der; 05 May 2011, 10:03 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Brilliant film!! hope we get a sequel (i cant wait for the Avengers)
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

What a rip off. Thor wasn't even in the movie.

Just kidding. It wasn't quite up there with the Iron Man movies, but still pretty fun. And Jane's sidekick had me cracking up pretty much every time she said anything.

Oh, and on the way out, someone behind me commented that Loki looked a bit like a young Brent Spiner, and I can see it. Maybe a nephew or something. Loki kept me guessing about his motivation the whole time.

Spoiler:
            First I thought he was just jealous, then I thought he was betraying Asgard in favor of his true people. Then my first guess ended up being right and he was actually setting things up to kill his own people so he could take the credit for it.

Oh, and I didn't know Green Arrow worked for SHIELD.

Comment

Box office update: 'Thor' collects $25.7 mil from puny mortals on Friday

The god of thunder did pretty much what was expected of him, as Thor led the box office on Friday with $25.7 million, according to early estimates. That places the $150 million superhero film, which was released by Paramount but produced by Disney-owned Marvel Studios, on track for a $67 million opening weekend. Taking into consideration that Thor isn’t one of Marvel’s most well-known characters, and that star Chris Hemsworth isn’t a household name yet, $67 million should be viewed as a solid debut for the PG-13 movie. Among recent Marvel-based projects, Thor will finish in between The Incredible Hulk ($55.4 mil) and X-Men Origins: Wolverine ($85.1 mil).

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/05/07/box-office-thor/

Comment

I went to see Thor today and liked the movie. It was definitely left open for sequels and a possible tv series.

Comment

The movie turned out to be much better than I expected and it really raised my expectations for Captain America and X-Men. It also makes me want to see WB/DC make movies based on Jack Kirby's Fourth World.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                    I went to see Thor today and liked the movie. It was definitely left open for sequels and a possible tv series.
                    Spoiler:
                    Thor goes back to Earth in The Avengers

Comment

I have yet to see this. It has been a very hectic few days. Hopefully, I will get to see it soon.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The movie was great,
                        Spoiler:
                        I just wish he'd gotten his powers back sooner. Then again he handled himself alright without them when he had to. Except when the giant robot *****ed him up.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          3D needs to die.
                          I say thee nay ! they should just make better use of it

anyway...the movie. more of a qiuck ride (like the last Star Trek movie), over way too soon. it didn't stick much to the comics but then again I didn't expect it too

still a few gripes though

- Odin...with an eye patch ? what kind of "god" can't regenerate ? in the comics even Thor can quckly recover from far more serious injuries - and Odin if far above Thor. this is plain ridiculous

- the Destroyer got punked way too easily. this is equally ridiculous

Comment

I loved it that much, I am gonna watch it a second time but in english, finally!
                            sigpic

Comment

Finally got to see Thor. I really enjoyed it. Maybe I should ride out to the dessert in New Mexico and see if I can find a hot man! But seriously, it was an excellent movie and I do hope we get another one! Anyone know if there are any plans for another Thor movie?
                              sigpic

Comment

I still have not seen this. I really hope to soon.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X