No announcement yet.

Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just learnt my local cinema is doing previews a few days early, so starting Monday I'll be able to see it. Will probably be expensive getting to and from cinema because it's Easter Monday but may be worth it. Just disappointed it's only in 3D, but I'll have to just accept it and go.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Just learnt my local cinema is doing previews a few days early, so starting Monday I'll be able to see it. Will probably be expensive getting to and from cinema because it's Easter Monday but may be worth it. Just disappointed it's only in 3D, but I'll have to just accept it and go.
      My local cinema have both 2D and 3D showings on Monday and I'll be there with a few friends for the first showing at 12:30pm.

Comment

with it being a Bank Holiday here on Monday, we've got a couple of cinema's near us that are showing Thor Monday, then starting properly Thursday...

So we'll be there Monday to see it.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Little Thor.
          Spoiler:
          Can you catch all the Marvel references?
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            Little Thor.
            Spoiler:
            Can you catch all the Marvel references?

I just saw this on my cousin's FB page and was gonna post this too.... Me and the boys laughed so hard!!!

Comment

I am gonna watch it on friday, hopefully. everything looks promising. The Score is by Patrick Doyle (YEAH! ) I hope Anthony Hopkins gets a little bit more of screentime... (?) I have no idea about the comics though! On which Marvel Comics are these comics based, did they said that? or did you just use the marvel characters and do an own story?
              sigpic

Comment

I should be seeing it sometime in the next week, I am really excited! All of the Avengers movies so far have been great (Iron Man 1 and 2, The Incredible Hulk); I just hope that they can keep going for Thor, Captain America and The Avengers.

Comment

Just a flying visit to post... so I apologize if it dosent make scene..lol

All I can say is WOW... Thor really excided my expectations. Its unlike any other superhero movie that's been made and probably the best marvel studios film to date, IMHO. It has everything, action, adventure, comedy, romance.....
                  The effects are stunning.
                  Spoiler:
                  Both Asgard and Jotunheim look stunning. The battle between the asgardians and the frost gaints was awesome.

The story was good... a nice way of introducing the character an mythology to the general public.
                  Spoiler:
                  There was a nice balance between Earth and Asgard.
                  All the cast were convincing in their roles.

However its not perfect... but films rarely are
                  Spoiler:
                  I wished that they had included Balder.
                  But like other small things, this can easly be overlooked and dosent take away from the film.

And dont forget the post credits scene!

Spoiler:
                  Nick Fury! Cosmic Cube!

Comment

I'm not going to decide on what I think about the movie until I see it in 2D. 3D was completely crap. Half the time it was like watching a 2D movie wearing sunglasses and I had a better view watching it slightly blurry with my normal specs at times (yay for poor eyesight). I did like it though, but disappointed my first real 3D experience was such a disappointing visual experience (but the CGI was great)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      I'm not going to decide on what I think about the movie until I see it in 2D. 3D was completely crap. Half the time it was like watching a 2D movie wearing sunglasses and I had a better view watching it slightly blurry with my normal specs at times (yay for poor eyesight). I did like it though, but disappointed my first real 3D experience was such a disappointing visual experience (but the CGI was great)
                      Im glad I didnt see it in 3D now then. We had planned to, but we where 40min early for the 3D showing and the 2D was just about to start. So we opted to see the 2D rather than wait around.

Comment

Sounds awesome can't wait.
                        sigpic

Comment

Seen it... bloody good movie...

Comment

Thanks for your recommendations! It's starting here on Thursday, and I think I'll watch the 2D version
                            sigpic

Comment

it's set to start here Thursday as well, but the cinema near me was cashing in on the Non-school day of Easter Monday... with all Marvel movies, make sure you stay till the credits end

Comment

Love the nice reviews but the cheapskate that I says I will wait until it comes on Netflix in a few months to watch. The positive buzz is encouraging
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X