X-Men:First Class News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'X-Men: First Class' finding its Magneto in Michael Fassbender

The villainous mutant leader Magneto may have proved more irresistible than the villain in the relaunched Spider-Man movie.

Michael Fassbender, who was being courted for both roles from Fox and Columbia, respectively, has entered early negotiations to play Magneto in "X-Men: First Class," which Matthew Vaughn is directing.

The studio is in full-blown casting mode for the movie, which is gearing up for an August start in London, and Fassbender's name, and his double choice, surfaced last week. The studio has been testing and reading actors such as Aaron Johnson and Andrew Garfield to join James McAvoy, who is playing Professor Xavier in the movie, which focuses on the superpowered team X-Men in a younger incarnation than the previous trilogy.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/0...assbender.html

Benjamin Walker Cast As Beast In X-Men: First Class

Showbiz411 are reporting that Walker has indeed been cast in Mathew Vaughan's upcoming X prequel..

Matthew Vaughn’s “X Men: First Class” is picking up another cast member. Benjamin Walker, star of the Public Theater’s “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson,” is the name to remember. He’s going to play Beast, the character played in “X Men 3″ by Kelsey Grammer.

Walker is, like Grammar, is a Juilliard grad and is apparently the hottest newcomer in New York theater this season. His work includes portraying Kinsey (at age 19) in Kinsey, and Harlon Block in Flags of Our Fathers. Walker was also featured in the short-lived CBS drama series 3 lbs.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19200

Comment

Lauren Schuler Donner Talks X-Men First Class And Deadpool

On First Class, she said they start filming in August and in London, mostly in studio and they want to go practical. She goes on to say they raise the bar for the action scenes. When asked if there is any particular set piece she is exited about, she just says "yes." Paraphrasing: it's great to be working with Bryan Singer again and that Mathew Vaughn has no problem making the transition from the comparably smaller Kick Ass(which she loved) to a bigger film like First Class, although its not THAT much bigger. She somewhat confirms Michael Fassbender will play Magneto, but is hesitant about coming right out and saying it. And there will be more casting announcements coming very soon.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19445

Comment

I really hope this turns out to be as good as it could be.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So is this 616verse? or another universe entirely? (the first class series not just the movie) i havent really read any first class but i thought it just featured the original team (Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey & proffesor X), so how can Emma Frost be in it? unless she is a villain in this story

Not that im complaining Emma Frost is one of my favorite characters
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            So is this 616verse? or another universe entirely? (the first class series not just the movie) i havent really read any first class but i thought it just featured the original team (Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey & proffesor X), so how can Emma Frost be in it? unless she is a villain in this story

Not that im complaining Emma Frost is one of my favorite characters
            Xavier saved Cyclops, Emma Frost and a few others near the end of "Wolverine" so it would be fitting in with movie continuity to include her. Even though he's an original X-Man, Angel himself wasn't introduced until X-3 so unless they want to magically make a new backstory for the character, it's best not to worry about the comic lineup.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              Xavier saved Cyclops, Emma Frost and a few others near the end of "Wolverine" so it would be fitting in with movie continuity to include her. Even though he's an original X-Man, Angel himself wasn't introduced until X-3 so unless they want to magically make a new backstory for the character, it's best not to worry about the comic lineup.
              I guess not it just sucks that the movieverse cant seem to follow 616verse very well, i guess it doesnt matter most of the movies are good ones
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Alice Eve cast as Emma Frost in 'X-Men: First Class'

Alice Eve has been cast as Emma Frost in “X-Men: First Class,” Fox’s relaunch of the Marvel Comics-based franchise being directed by Matthew Vaughn.

Eve joins Michael Fassbender as Magneto and James McAvoy as Professor X in the story that focuses on Marvel's superpowered team X-Men in a younger incarnation than the previous trilogy.

In comics lore, Frost was originally a villain called the White Queen who eventually became a member of X-Men, then a teacher at Xavier’s School of Gifted Students. She has telepathic powers and as the White Queen wore scantily clad costumes.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/0...medium=twitter

Comment

And the cast continues to grow.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

RUMOR: Top Contender for 'Banshee' in X-Men: First Class

With a cast so far including Michael Fassbender as Magneto, James McAvoy as Professor X, and recent Alice Eve as Emma Frost, the story for the prequel to the 'X-Men" trilogy focuses on Marvel's superpowered mutant team 'X' in a younger incarnation than the previous trilogy. So we can expect more actors enrolling in 'First Class' filling in the roles of our beloved mutants over time.

And now According to Latino Review's "trusted sources", unknown actor Caleb Landry Jones is the top contender to bag the role of Sean Cassidy aka BANSHEE in the Matthew Vaugn-directed prequel.
                    Caleb Landry Jones a considerable unknown, appeared as "boy on bike" in No Country for Old Men, and the 20 year old can be seen in this year's The Last Exorcism & in David Fincher's The Social Network.

Created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Werner Roth,Banshee was an Irish mutant, whom possesses a "sonic scream," capable of harming enemies’ auditory systems and causing physical vibrations. He is named after the banshee, a legendary ghost from Irish mythology, said to possess a powerful cry, although the banshee spirit is invariably female. There was a small reference to the character in 'X-Men 2', with his name appearing on a list of names 'Mystique' scrolls through on Stryker's computer while looking for Magneto's file.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19536

Erica Hosseini Will Audition For X-Men: First Class?

Model Erica Hosseini has tweeted on Twitter that she has received a call to audition for what she is calling, "a new mutant character", for "X-Men: First Class".

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19520

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: Multiple Man to Appear in X-Men: First Class

During my most recent conversation with a Marvel Studios source, I was told that one of Professor Xavier's definite students in Fox's X-franchise relaunch, First Class, will be Jaime Maddrox, known to most fans as Multiple Man. Considering that this is the same source which clued me in to Benjamin Walker's potential casting as the mutant student Henry McCoy (Beast) several weeks ago, I feel fairly certain this information is viable.

For those of you unfamiliar with the character, here is a brief biography according to Marvel.com: 'Jamie Madrox's mutant ability was apparent at birth when a duplicate was created upon his being slapped by the doctor. Two weeks later, Jamie's father resigned from the Los Alamos Nuclear Research Center and moved his family to an intentionally isolated farm in Kansas at the suggestion of Professor Charles Xavier. From a young age, Madrox was given a special suit to wear that would neutralize his mutant power, but before this could be explained to him a freak tornado killed his parents when he was 15.'

The character has already appeared once on film in X-Men 3: The Last Stand, and was portrayed by Grey's Anatomy actor Eric Dane. So far, at least three young actors have been seriously approached to fill the role.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19651

Comment

Benjamin Walker Dropped From X-Men: First Class!

According to Baz Bamigboye who writes in the British newspaper, The Daily Mail, Walker (28) who was reported last month to be locked in to play a young Hank McCoy was dropped this week because of his age.

Bamigboye writes, "'Fox absolutely loved him, booked him and the next minute they're saying they don't want him. It was bizarre because they'd signed a deal on him,' a source intimately involved in The Situation told me from Los Angeles yesterday."

Apparently, Fox were worried that the actor was just too old to play the teenage Beast when the actors they've hired for Professor X and Magento (James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender) are 31 and 33 respectively. However, the article does finish on rather an odd note as it seems there's still a chance we'll see him in the movie in the very role he's just lost:

"The Fox studio screened-tested three other potential Beast actors at Pinewood yesterday, but I'm told they didn't seem right for the role. Strangest thing of all is that late last night, I started hearing that Fox might end up re-offering Walker his Beast role back!"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19685

Comment

Well if he's signed a contract with them, I expect to hear of a lawsuit unless they plan to give to him a different role.

sigpic

Comment

Well if he's signed a contract with them, I expect to hear of a lawsuit unless they plan to give to him a different role.
                            It doesn't work that way in entertainment. Networks cancel actors contracts all the time.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

If people can sue McDonald's for making them fat, or because people spilt coffee over themselves, I would hope that in the land of lawsuits, someone could still sue for going back on a contract. If the guy had decided he wanted out, I doubt he'd had gotten of so lightly. That said, Billy Dee Williams had a clause put in his Batman contract that if he wasn't used for Two-Face, they'd still pay him.

sigpic

Comment

According to Obssesed with Film':-
                                Fox paid Walker a princely sum to end his commitment to the movie
                                source: http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...#ixzz0sbrKQEyG

Comment

Working...
                                X