• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanboys... rejoice?
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I wouldn't say it's a reason for fanboys to rejoice but it is a reason for comic book fans to rejoice.

I like the idea of the director of a movie being a fan of the source material, but I like the idea of a director being involved with the source material even more. While he hasn't worked on any of The Avengers comics that I know of, he does have a history of comic book work. Not just his own creations like Firefly, Serenity, Buffy and Angel, but X-Men too. I think that gives him an edge because he's got experience in all aspects of what's going on.

sigpic

Comment

Whedon also rewriting 'Avengers' script

Joss Whedon is apparently rewriting the script for Marvel's Avengers movie.

It was reported yesterday that the Dollhouse creator is in final talks to direct the picture. Variety now claims that he is also penning a new draft of Zak Penn's screenplay.

Penn has written a number of Marvel movies, including X-Men: The Last Stand, Fantastic Four and The Incredible Hulk

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...rs-script.html

Comment

I'm glad Whedon is doing it. I'm not a fan of Buffy or Dollhouse, but I love Firefly/Serenity and I think based off Serenity (the only feature film he's directed if I'm not mistaken) he could do a good job with this. And if it does turn out good and it's a big hit it might help him get the financing to make a Serenity sequel!

Perfecto!

Comment

Sam Jackson Confirms Avengers Start-Date

Just a few minutes ago, IESB's own Christina Radish took part of a roundtable interview with Samuel L. Jackson.

Q: Did you get to read The Avengers script for Joss Whedon is going to rewrite it?
            Sam: No.

Q: Do you have any desire to campaign for your own Nick Fury film?
            Sam: The Avengers is my own starring vehicle for that character, pretty much.

Q: But, that’s so far away.
            Sam: That's not that far away. It's just February. I've got time to get in shape and everything.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...news&Itemid=71

Comment

Scarlett Johansson On The Avengers and Black Widow!

In an interview with Alive: Sydney that focused mainly on her personal life and diet, Scarlett Johansson also answered a few more questions about starring in a Black Widow solo movie as well as The Avengers and commented once again on wearing the costume!

Are you looking forward to doing The Avengers movie?
              I am not officially part of Avengers, the character is in Avengers, but there’s no Avengers script, that I know of. They’re working on something, and Marvel is really behind Black Widow being a part of it. I’m looking forward to finding out what that means exactly. I’ve just finished a four month run on Broadway so I’m taking a little time right now to kind of plan the next move.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=17737

Comment

Nathan Fillion almost locked in as Hank Pym?

Here's what the "Insider" had to say:

"Nathan Fillion is pretty much locked to be Henry Pym, and should be announced before any other new additions to the cast (think around Comic Con)"

So not only will we get an official statement about Pym, but the rest of the Avengers in just two months!!!
                If this "Insider" can be trusted of course. None of his information can be disproved as of yet, so I'll leave it up to you on whether or not he is a reliable source.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=18130

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  Nathan Fillion almost locked in as Hank Pym?

Here's what the "Insider" had to say:

"Nathan Fillion is pretty much locked to be Henry Pym, and should be announced before any other new additions to the cast (think around Comic Con)"

So not only will we get an official statement about Pym, but the rest of the Avengers in just two months!!!
                  If this "Insider" can be trusted of course. None of his information can be disproved as of yet, so I'll leave it up to you on whether or not he is a reliable source.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=18130
                  Wow, it only took a month to announce one of Whedon's regulars would be starring in it.

sigpic

Comment

The Skrulls to be the Villains in the Avengers Movie?

There’s a rumor floating around at Slashfilm that Skrulls might be the bad guys in the AVENGERS movie. The threat they pose is what will eventually bring Earth’s Mightiest Heroes together, not machinations by Loki. What’s funny is that I figured this was the route they were going to go with, anyway. See, I’m sure the AVENGERS movie is going to be taking more than a few cues from the first volume of ULTIMATES. And you’ll recall that the (pun intended) ultimate bad guys in that were the Chituari (they’re also the villains in that ULTIMATE AVENGERS 2 animated movie.) They're a conspiracy of malignant extra-dimensional aliens who can change their shape at will - - doesn’t that sound a bit like the Skrulls?

What’s interesting about the rumor is that it asserts that the Kree will be involved, adding a little more weight to that other rumor that Kevin Pennington will be actually playing Noh-Varr

continues:
                    http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-sk...-movie/141205/

Comment

The Avengers Movie Rumor Roundup

Though Marvel Studios is still half a year away from starting production on their highly anticipated ensemble film, the rumor stream surrounding has been continuous. Follow the jump to read them all...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=18670

Comment

As not to stretch the layout:
                        Spoiler:

I can't help but stare at Chris Evans' ears.

sigpic

Comment

Jeremy Renner to join 'Avengers' cast?

Jeremy Renner is reportedly close to finalising a deal to join the cast of The Avengers.

The actor will play Hawkeye, a villain-turned-hero who quickly becomes an integral member of the team, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, and Don Cheadle have already been confirmed for the project.

Industry insiders have said that Marvel is asking actors to take pay cuts in order to assure that the film goes ahead without budget issues.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...gers-cast.html

Comment

They finalised the deal, Renner is now an Avenger. Yahoo News posted confirmation earlier.

sigpic

Comment

I so can't wait for this movie. This could really be epic.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Rumor: Hank And Janet Of The Avengers Have Been Cast!

A well trusted source close to Marvel Studios is saying that Nathan Fillion (Serenity) will be playing Dr. Henry “Hank” Pym. The actor is in final negotiations for a multi film deal that would start with The Avengers in 2012. Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) will play Janet Van Dyne as has long been speculated ever since leaving Marvel with a stack of Avengers resource material (that’s comic books to you and me) in 2008. This would actually make her the second person cast for the movie, only behind that of Robert Downey Jr.

At this point, they may only be playing S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists. No word on whether any of their super powers will be seen in the first Avengers or not. Their relationship has not been clearly defined either: simply co-workers and/or husband and wife are all still on the table. Official announcements, along with other Avengers casting news, will be done at Comic-Con in San Diego next month.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19339

Comment

Working...
                                X