The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Favreau Worried Avengers will Bomb

The 'Iron Man' director says the movie's release is "inevitable" but he is unsure whether the 2012 film - about the group of Marvel comic book superheroes - will be a success or let-down.

He said: "I think that's fun. I think it's inevitable, and 'The Avengers' might be the thing that helps rescue us from the inevitable sequel slump that you get into because you're throwing everything on its ear.

"It might be a failed experiment or it might be something wonderful, but it allows you to add complexity in an organic way where you're culminating with something bigger, as opposed to trying to play out and not repeat the same story over and over again."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=9585

Comment

Cowboys and Aliens May Delay Avengers and Iron Man 3!

This from Collider...

Yesterday we learn that Disney bought Marvel Studios and today we’re learning that Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau will delay “The Avengers” and a potential “Iron Man 3? to do Alex Kurtzman Roberto Orci, and Damon Lindelof’s adaptation of Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley’s graphic novel, “Cowboys & Aliens”.

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Heat Vision Blog Downey and Favreau are reteaming but they’re making “Cowboys & Aliens” their next project. That completely botches a 2012 Avengers, because that year is now for “Cowboys & Aliens”. And since Downey is officially signed on for “The Avengers”, it means we’re seeing that in 2014 at the earliest. And if “Iron Man 3? comes into the picture (and I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t) then we’re talking a project slate that hurts my brain to even think about it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/cowboy...s/news/?a=9715

Comment

I really hope Avengers doesn't get pushed back two years like that.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Lou Ferrigno Says Hulk is in the Avengers Movie!

I stumbled across a "Nuke the Fridge" interview that may (or may not) confirm that the Hulk will in fact appear in the Avengers.

It's a video interview with Lou Ferrigno aka the TV Hulk! He says he is involved with Avengers so cameo or Hulk voice? you decide but to me this seems like a confirmation of Hulk in Avengers.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...n/news/?a=9900

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            Lou Ferrigno Says Hulk is in the Avengers Movie!

I stumbled across a "Nuke the Fridge" interview that may (or may not) confirm that the Hulk will in fact appear in the Avengers.

It's a video interview with Lou Ferrigno aka the TV Hulk! He says he is involved with Avengers so cameo or Hulk voice? you decide but to me this seems like a confirmation of Hulk in Avengers.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...n/news/?a=9900
            I really hope that is true. And I hope they get Edward Norton for this movie.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Marvel Movies of the Future!

The Avengers
              Release Date: May 4, 2012
              Development Status: Eagle-eyed fans will already know that the current Marvel Studios films are quietly paving the way for a full-scale Avengers adventure. Nick Fury is gathering together a small group of heroes. Tony Stark appears to have Captain America's shield on his workbench. Cap himself can be glimpsed frozen in ice in Incredible Hulk.

In 2012, after Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Cap have all been established in their respective film franchises, the heroes will be brought together in The Avengers. Iron Man director Jon Favreau is slated to direct the movie, which is currently in an early stage of pre-production. The script is said to draw inspiration from Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's comic The Ultimates, which could even finger Hulk as one of the film's primary villains.

Iron Man 2 stars Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle have already signed on to reprise their roles as Tony Stark and Jim Rhodes, respectively. In turn, the recently-cast Chris Hemsworth will return as Thor. Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury will also take on a much more prominent role.

It's expected that the actor cast as Captain America will return in The Avengers. What is less certain is Edward Norton's involvement. With such a heavy slate of A-List actors, the filmmakers may wish to recast certain parts in order to save money. We've even heard reports that Hulk will not revert to Bruce Banner in the film. Whether this is actually true remains to be seen. Norton's most recent comments on the subject have been noncommittal.
              http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10199

Comment

Norton: 'I want Hulk to be Avengers villain'

Edward Norton has admitted that he would like to see his Incredible Hulk role cast as the villain in The Avengers.

The actor, who portrayed the titular character in the 2008 movie, previously declined to comment on reprising his part for the proposed superhero team-up project.

However, the 40-year-old has now revealed that he wants to be involved in the Marvel Comics film adaptation.

He told MTV: "He kind of was, not in the books, but in the comics there was always a tension between the rest of the superhero community and he was always this problem.

"They treat him as this problem. I don't know, I think that's a fun way to go with it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...s-villain.html

Comment

Video: Brian Michale Bendis Updates Thor and Avengers Movies

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10755

Comment

Favreau 'won't direct Avengers movie'

Iron Man director Jon Favreau has said that he will not be directing Marvel Comics ensemble movie The Avengers.

Speaking to MTV, the actor and director suggested that he will be too busy to helm the superhero epic, which will unite comic characters Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Nick Fury.

"They'll have to [find a different director], because I'm not going to be available," he said. "It's something I'm being the executive producer on, so I'll definitely have input and a say.

"It's going to be hard, because I was so involved in creating the world of Iron Man and Iron Man is very much a tech-based hero, and then with Avengers you're going to be introducing some supernatural aspects because of Thor.

"How you mix the two of those works very well in the comic books, but it's going to take a lot of thoughtfulness to make that all work and not blow the reality that we've created."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ers-movie.html

Comment

Brian Bendis gives his take on the build up to 'The Avengers'

"Having read the 'Captain America' movie script and the 'Thor' movie scripts and 'Iron Man 2' and everything, and seeing them all develop, nothing is more exciting to me than the 'Avengers' movie," Bendis told MTV News. "It's absolutely going to be something better than— different than—anything we've seen before."

"I think the challenge is absolutely there. It's an immense amount of work, but the payoff will be gigantic."

The 'New Avengers' writer also went on to say that he was confident a movie of this scale will work.

"My advice is, has been, and will be, that much like the comics, you look at movies like the 'Oceans' movies that have all these different flavors, you put the flavors together and you cook 'em," Bendis said. "It absolutely can be done."

"Look at 'The Great Escape' or other movies that have all these big elements to them, and even elements that don't seem that they would fit can rub up against each other in a very excellent way," he explained. "They really can create something you wouldn't even imagine you had before."
                      http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=11197

Comment

Jeremy Renner in Talks to Play Hawkeye

In this month's Empire, the actor said that he is in talks to play Clint Barton in Thor and The Avengers!

Best known for his role in 'The Hurt Locker' the actor has revealed that he's had talks with Marvel about filling the tights of the skilled archer Hawkeye with a possible cameo in 'Thor' leading to a full blown role in 'The Avengers'!

"Hawkeye could be interesting. They're going to send me some stuff on it, see what it is." But I think they're pretty awesome, trying to make superhero movies almost plausible and not just some fantasy thing."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12217

Thor and Avengers News Leaked?

Exclusivly from AICN, possible SPOILERS inside!

Spoiler:
                        * Loki is one of, if not the key [“Avengers”] bad guy.

* The [“Avengers”] film opens with 20 minutes of Loki basically entrapping/brainwashing Banner, and in so doing gaining control of the Hulk for his own nefarious deeds. This spurs the Avengers into existence.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12201

Comment

*explodes* I will be very happy if Hulk is the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            *explodes* I will be very happy if Hulk is the movie.
                            Same here. And hopefully, played by Edward Norton.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Same here. And hopefully, played by Edward Norton.
                              Indeed! He is a great Bruce Banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                Indeed! He is a great Bruce Banner!
                                I certainly think he did a great job. My wife really liked him in the role too.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X