The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Avengers Assemble! Can't wait, but I was hoping to have another Hulk movie...
    Maybe there will still be another Hulk movie at some point.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Robbins Rejected - Tim NOT in Iron Man 2

The rumor last December was about Tim Robbins playing Tony Stark's father in Iron Man 2. In this short video clip, Robbins tells CinemaBlend that the rumors are untrue. You just can't trust the Internets.

The story said Robbins would play Tony's daddy, and that he would play an important part setting up the Avengers and Captain America movies

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_m...2/news/?a=6850

Comment

Marvel Studios Chief Teases ‘Thor’ Casting Announcements, Updates ‘The Avengers’ Status!

In addition to his comments on “Thor,” Feige offered some new information about the forthcoming superhero team-up flick “The Avengers,” saying that “Incredible Hulk” screenwriter Zak Penn will write the screenplay.

“Zak Penn is already on board ‘The Avengers’ [as writer] and he’s spending a lot of his time looking into what we’re doing with ‘Iron Man,’ ‘Thor’ and ‘Captain America,’ seeing how we’re tying it all together,” said Feige. “And he’s beginning to outline the script now — he’ll be doing that over the summer.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=7335

Comment

Marvel Movie Logos & Titles Revealed

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic_news/news/?a=7804

Comment

Kevin Feige Lets Go Some Marvel Movie News

From the set of Iron Man 2, Marvel big wig Kevin Feige let go the news that The Incredible Hulk will be appearing in the Avengers movie. Kevin goes on to say:

"It will have been a number of years, four years since he was in a movie by that point, by 2012. So I'd like to see him in it. I'm not being coy. We're just starting the story. I was on the phone with Zak Penn this morning. He's coming in next week and he's going to work on the outline this summer, but because it's so intertwined with what we're doing before - I almost wanted to get done with production on Iron Man 2 (and) the scripts to Thor and Captain America well underway before we even started Avengers."

What's The Avengers going to be about? Kevin states:

"I think Avengers is going to have it's own vibe. It'll have a different tone than the other Marvel movies," Feige said adding that the storyline will have a global feel to it and the scope of the threat will be world-threatening. "'The Avengers' is about saving the world because there's no other reason for characters that powerful to band together. So I think the scope and the scale will feel like a much bigger thing

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7850

Comment

It will be so awesome having the Hulk in this movie.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

More Marvel Movie Info From Kevin Feige!

We know that Iron Man 2 is up next, then Thor, then Captain America, then The Avengers in the summer of 2012. Feige said that they're "ordered this way for a reason." And confirmed that Samuel Jackson and Scarlett Johansson as well as Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are signed on for multiple movies or "multiple franchises," further extending that hint that Loki will be a villain who shows up quite often. Feige kept saying often that he'd love for audiences to have the same experience that comic book readers have - where characters make surprise appearances almost out of nowhere in issues they pick up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=7876

Comment

X-Men writer Zak Penn breaks his silence about adapting The Avengers

Screenwriter Zak Penn is already scratching his head about how to piece together and overlap stories from three, maybe four or more movies as he sits down to write The Avengers this summer, based on the Marvel Comics superheroes.

<snip>

But Penn is aware that Marvel movies coming up—with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America—will precede his Avengers film (slated for 2012), so he has to figure out how all the movies fit together. Now that Marvel is itself producing movies as a company, Penn said, "It is a world of difference; it is a lot easier to do things like that, and they encourage it."

Penn said he is meeting this coming week with the team writing the other movies so they can piece together storylines and overlap some of the film plots.

"They're doing Captain American and Thor first, and then Avengers is coming out," Penn said. "They want to see that they're all connected, not like the Fantastic Four can't come into the X-Men world, like I was told. I'm taking a meeting next week with the Thor and Captain America people, and we are all going to get together, and I will see what is going to happen. I'll see where they are leaving the characters; it's pretty complicated. ... There's a board that is tracking what is happening. [We'll see] how this movie overlaps in that movie. ... Marvel is autonomous now. It is night and day: Everyone has read every comic. They know how to make a cool movie."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/x-men-w...k-penn-bre.php

Comment

Those writers all being on the same page with each other should really help the quality of all of these films, especially this one.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Earlier in the week, Avengers screenwriter Zak Penn told an audience at the L.A. Film Festival that he is running around between Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America production offices to make sure his script coordinates with the introduction of key superheroes, and, of course, his script has to be done before the other films are. Finberg was confident that all teams could unite for a solid Avengers film. "Having everybody on board and really being able to actually work as a team together and develop the Marvel cinematic universe is what's most important to us," Finberg said.

The long-term plan is to introduce Thor and Captain America, then combine them with Iron Man to form the Avengers. But that's still only accounts for three members of the famed superhero team, four if they throw in the Hulk. Could Penn introduce any new supporting superheroes in the Avengers film itself? That's not off the table, according to Finberg. "I think that really remains to be seen," he said.

After some contractual hiccups, Samuel L. Jackson signed on to continue playing Nick Fury, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., in the Marvel universe films. Expect him to play a major role in the upcoming films, with the possibility of his own film down the road, Finberg said. "Well, we have a multi-picture deal with him, so obviously we're in business with him for a while to come and we really enjoy working with Sam," he said.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-th...rs-movie-s.php

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Earlier in the week, Avengers screenwriter Zak Penn told an audience at the L.A. Film Festival that he is running around between Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America production offices to make sure his script coordinates with the introduction of key superheroes, and, of course, his script has to be done before the other films are. Finberg was confident that all teams could unite for a solid Avengers film. "Having everybody on board and really being able to actually work as a team together and develop the Marvel cinematic universe is what's most important to us," Finberg said.

The long-term plan is to introduce Thor and Captain America, then combine them with Iron Man to form the Avengers. But that's still only accounts for three members of the famed superhero team, four if they throw in the Hulk. Could Penn introduce any new supporting superheroes in the Avengers film itself? That's not off the table, according to Finberg. "I think that really remains to be seen," he said.

After some contractual hiccups, Samuel L. Jackson signed on to continue playing Nick Fury, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., in the Marvel universe films. Expect him to play a major role in the upcoming films, with the possibility of his own film down the road, Finberg said. "Well, we have a multi-picture deal with him, so obviously we're in business with him for a while to come and we really enjoy working with Sam," he said.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-th...rs-movie-s.php
                        I really hope they do introduce more characters.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I really hope they do introduce more characters.
                          You can't have the avengers without husband and wife Henry Pym (a.k.a. Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, The Wasp) & Janet van Dyne/Janet Pym (a.k.a The Wasp)

Though Pym was Ant-Man when the avengers started i'd rather the go the ultimate avenger route and have him as Giant-Man

Speaking of ultimate avengers, people should check out the animated movies; ultimate avengers and ultimate avengers 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            Speaking of ultimate avengers, people should check out the animated movies; ultimate avengers and ultimate avengers 2.
                            Yeah, I haven't seen those. I had wondered if they were any good.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i've only seen the 1st one but i thought it was ok, but i had read "the ultimates" already so i had the disadvantages of knowing sort of how the story went, expecting it to be exactly like the ultimates when really it is a sort of comprimise between the ultimates and the avengers, and the fact it is aimed at a younger audience than the actual book.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

They are actually pretty good!

I like the scene in the first one
                                Hulk loses it, goes beserk, takes on the whole team, takes down Pym(lol), picks up Mjolnir. It was cool!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X