No announcement yet.

The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heard yesterday (can't remember where i read it) that they may be re-releasing this movie in august with addition 30 minutes originally cut.

i'd see it.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Can that be said about most of DC?
      On the main. There are exceptions and I think DC has made a better job over the years. Batman is still my favorite hero of them all and he has some pretty dark stories. But most DC heroes aren't quite as believable as Marvel's. All of Marvel's heroes are flawed as men. Spiderman is always the reluctant hero, as are the X-Men who are so often persecuted. Tony Stark has his drinking problems and an arrogance that is only rivaled by Thor's and The Hulk needs to explanation for why he's a flawed personality.

By contrast though while I think the Marvel Heroes are generally better written that DC's I do think that DC's villains are more interesting than Marvel's.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Not really, considering Man of Steel is rebooting Superman and ignoring Superman Returns, the Batnolanverse is ending with TDKR, and Green Lantern flopped so bad that it might not even be getting its own sequel
        But you get my general notion right ?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          heard yesterday (can't remember where i read it) that they may be re-releasing this movie in august with addition 30 minutes originally cut.

i'd see it.
          I really hope they do this! I'm not sure if I can wait until September 25th for the DVD!

I personally was quite amazed by just how good The Avengers was, but then it was directed by Joss Whedon. If anyone could pull off this kind of film it is him. The dialogue is sharp, the characters maintain their depth even though they have to share the screen, the action is not overdone and Loki is the perfect villain (yeah, I'm a little biased). I have now seen the film four times and love it more with every viewing.

As for the Justice League, I'm not entirely sold on it. I liked the build up to the Avengers, how it was premeditated, all the little snippets with Nick Fury at the end of the films. The DC films have not done this, and as such J.L. seems like it just wants to snatch up some of the success of the Avengers.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post

i'd see it.
            Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
            I really hope they do this! I'm not sure if I can wait until September 25th for the DVD!

I personally was quite amazed by just how good The Avengers was, but then it was directed by Joss Whedon. If anyone could pull off this kind of film it is him. The dialogue is sharp, the characters maintain their depth even though they have to share the screen, the action is not overdone and Loki is the perfect villain (yeah, I'm a little biased). I have now seen the film four times and love it more with every viewing.

<snip>
            I so hope this is true and I can't wait to see it again!
            sigpic

Comment

The movie was GREAT!! It had a good storyline with amazing actors. (I'm surprised they got them all together; they were terrific!).
              However, I wasn't impressed by Loki. He just seemed...weak. A "Puny god." He did some planning but his sceptor did a lot of the work. Though I laughed at Loki's reaction when he had to watch Thor battle with Iron Man and Captain America.

The Avengers had way more humor than I had anticipated. It'd be great to see again.
              Spoiler:
              Do you think Phil really died? We never got to see the body...

Comment

I can't wait to get my hands on this when it comes out on DVD.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I honestly thought the scene with Loki and Hulk was actually pretty stupid both in and out of universe.
                  Spoiler:
                  Loki's strength is supposed to be manipulation and trickiery rather than brute force like the Hulk, but he just forgot about all that for some reason when confronted with the Hulk, plus he's still an asgardian. He's still stronger and more durable than most of the other characters.

But I guess it's supposed funny to see a dimwitted rage monster squash a pompous demi-god so it happened anyway. Whatever.

I hope they keep Coulson dead. I really enjoyed that character but his death was kind of an important part of the movie. I once saw this thread somewhere discussing if he was really dead or not and almost everyone seemed to want him to have actually been a life model decoy robot. That would totally cheapen the movie, imo.
                  Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 26 June 2012, 10:52 AM.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    I honestly thought the scene with Loki and Hulk was actually pretty stupid both in and out of universe.
                    Spoiler:
                    Loki's strnegth is supposed to be manipulation and trickiery rather than brute strength like the Hulk, but he just forgot about all that for some reason when confronted with the Hulk, plus he's still an asgardian. He's still stronger and more durable than most of the other characters.

But I guess it's supposed funny to see a dimwitted rage monster squash a pompous demi-god so it happened anyway. Whatever.

I hope they keep Coulson dead. I really enjoyed that character but his death was kind of an important part of the movie. I once saw this thread somewhere discussing if he was really dead or not and almost everyone seemed to want him to have actually been a life model decoy robot. That would totally cheapen the movie, imo.
                    Spoiler:
                    Not really ... as it was shown in the movie that Fury was willing to lie to the team about the playing cards... plus with the fact he was 'called' off camera...it's quite easy to 'leap' to the conclusion that he's still alive somewhere.... i doubt the Son of Coul fans will let his death go quietly

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I agree with I-P. Would definitely cheapen the movie if that were the case. Besides, it seemed pretty blatantly obvious to me that Cobie Smulders was brought in to fill the exact same role for the lead-up to Avengers 2.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This has now hit $600 million is the US, becoming only the 3rd film to do so, not adjusted for inflation.

Comment

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/28/avengers-blu-ray/
                          The Avengers is coming 25th Sept and you can get a 10 disk edition!

Comment

Why so many disks? The movies would just need one for each. Is that four disks of extras then?
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              Why so many disks? The movies would just need one for each. Is that four disks of extras then?
                              Because it includes The Avengers and all five build up movies (Iron Man 1+2, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America). I'd assume it's 6 discs for each movie (naturally) and if any of the other films had multiple discs then they'd be included as well.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                Because it includes The Avengers and all five build up movies (Iron Man 1+2, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America). I'd assume it's 6 discs for each movie (naturally) and if any of the other films had multiple discs then they'd be included as well.
                                The Avengers will probably take 2/3 discs as this would probably include the extended verion of The Avengers.

Comment

Working...
                                X