The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    Two more movies and a crossover flick? Nice.
    Well, if we count Downey Jr. as Iron Man, I think there can be more than just three other movies. Two Iron Man movies and Avengers. But I guess Avengers will be pretty succesful (I am looking forward to it as a little girl ), so there might be a sequel or two. So who knows? RDJ loves this character but true is that he would have to keep himself in shape for all those years. But I think he stays.
    I saw Iron Man few times and I love that guy But, of course, I won´t be watching Avengers only bc of him.

Originally posted by eviladam
    Yeap, Marvel is really stepping it up now that they have the rights to their own characters! I'm ecstatic that RDJ will at least be doing 3 more movies as Stark. But said to see Howard replaced. Cheadle is an amazing actor, but now I'm used to TH as Rhoady.
    I like Don Cheadle but I don´t think he is a military type. It will be weird but, what can we do? But I think I will get used to it after some time.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Yeah, unfortunate as it may be, we have to let Terrance Howard go. Don Cheadle is a good actor, I've liked a lot of his movies. He'll probably end up doing a fine job.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

once they start doing all these cros over movies, do you think theyll do and movies based on iconic crossover series in the marvel universe, secret wars, civil war, secret invasion etc.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

This is great news indeed! That fact that Jon Favreau is also onboard makes it even better!!!

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          Let me squeee! I love Iron Man and I can´t wait to see Avengers - a big crossover - sounds great. But it´s bad that we have to wait that long
          Well considering that between now and Avengers there'll be Captain America, Thor and Iron Man II, 2011 is actually quite soon.
          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Most of it in 2010 thought I am curious who is gonna be Thor. I don´t know Captain America too much...cos...it´s "America" I didn´t find it that interesting for me. I think that after Iron Man, I am looking forward now to Iron Man 2. I liked the style, RDJ, of course, but it was in all those "dark, depressed heroes" comics-movies a very fresh air.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Robert Downey Jr. has said that Marvel Comics crossover film The Avengers could run into problems if it is not done correctly.

The actor, who recently signed up to reprise the role of Iron Man (aka Tony Stark) in the 2011 movie, said it will be tough balancing all the story's superheroes.

"If we don't get it right, it's really going to suck," he told MTV.

"It has to be the crowning blow of Marvel's best and brightest, because it's the hardest thing to get right. It's tough to spin all the plates for one of these characters."

Downey Jr. also revealed that he is concerned that the realism of Iron Man may be lost in The Avengers.

"The danger you run with colliding all these worlds is that Jon [Favreau, Iron Man director] was very certain that Iron Man should be set in a very realistic way. Nothing that happened in Iron Man is really outside the realm of possibility," he said.

"Once you start talking about Valhalla and supersized super soldiers and jolly green giants, it warrants much further discussion."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...ers-right.html

Comment

Thor is without a doubt the hardest guy to integrate into the Avengers movie. My guess is that they co the Ultimates way and just have everyone believe that Thor isn´t really a god and that it is all an act.

Hulk and Captain America should fit easily enough with Iron man, both are just the creations of science.

Comment

If handled right, this movie could go down as one of the best superhero movies ever made. But I do agree with Robert that it may not be easy to pull off.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Marvel pushes back 'Thor', 'Avengers'
                    Friday, March 13 2009, 06:10 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Marvel has delayed its superhero blockbusters Thor and The Avengers by a year, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Thor's new release date is June 17, 2011, moved from July 16, 2010, while The Avengers is now on course for a May 4, 2012 arrival having been originally planned for July 15, 2011.

Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said that the change of dates are in order to space out the release of their solo superhero movies before uniting the characters for ensemble film The Avengers.

"[It] maximizes the visibility of our single-character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," he explained.

Initial plans would have seen two Marvel movies out in 2010 (Iron Man 2 and Thor) and three the following year (The First Avenger: Captain America, Spider-Man 4 and The Avengers).

Captain America has also been shifted back two months to July 22, 2011, with Spider-Man 4 slotting into its old May 6 release date.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-avengers.html

Comment

Well, being pushed back kind of sucks IMO.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

but it does ensuer that the other movies come out before it does and may be for the best in my opinion..dont rush this movie

Comment

Well, I do want this movie to be the best it can be.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Jon Favreau May be Helming Avengers Too!

Dear Lord, let this be true! An insider source at AintItCool.com has given us the explanation why Marvel movie dates have been moved around, and the reasoning is that they want Favreau to direct The Avengers!

“‘Avengers’ is delayed a year because of financing issues but also because the plan is for Favreau to helm it. Everybody here loves the guy and he wants to do it, but it would have been impossible for him to do before the date change given his ‘Iron Man 2? commitments. Also partly the reason why he agreed to do the Stark sequel on such an accelerated schedule was so he could get given first dibs on this. It would still be a punishing schedule for him, so hes not firmly confirmed yet, but he is certainly the presumptive director at this point.”

http://comicbookmovie.com/avengers/news/?a=6602

Comment

Well, I think that is definitely good news.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Avengers Assemble! Can't wait, but I was hoping to have another Hulk movie...

Comment

Working...
                                X