The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heard that was debunked as crud....

Though i would not be surprised if Marvel was trying to save cash as the cost of the cast alone must be CRAZY!

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Well they should be able to save a lot of money anyway, since a lot of costumes, props and potentially even the sets for the most part could all be recycled. They'll definitely want to film it in 3D because it will cause them to earn a lot more money, should it be an issue.

sigpic

Comment

To limit the budget for Avengers would be stupid. I don't want them to be too cheap.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          It is a shame IMO.
          I'm going to miss Edward Norton.

Comment

Alan Tudyk To Play Ant-Man?
            An anonymous scooper has given me word that Alan Tudyk of Firefly is locked in to play the role of Ant-Man in a solo film and a cameo in The Avengers, as well as some interesting stuff about heroes The Wasp and Wonder Man...
            source
            Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

So a Firefly dude is going to play Ant Man after all.... just not the one everyone wanted...

After seeing Tudyk in Dollhouse.... it could be interesting to see him as Ant Man

Comment

Alan Tudyk should be in more movies, I just saw a trailer for a horror comedy were he is in. looks funny as hell..hope hell be successful...
                sigpic

Comment

is that the one where he and another guy are mistaken for the cliche'd horror killers by a group of kids?

He's also got a role in the upcoming Transformers movie... not sure how big a role it is...

Comment

Has Nick Fury found a female sidekick for The Avengers?

There has been word recently that Samuel L. Jackson's S.H.I.E.L.D. leader Nick Fury will be joined by a female sidekick for The Avengers.

Now Deadline are reporting that Cobie Smulders, best known for TV show How I Met Your Mother, is the front runner to play S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill in Joss Whedon's superhero epic.

She could be locked in before the weekend is out, after besting competition that included Firefly's Morena Baccarin, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jessica Lucas.

As the ruthless agent, Smulders could see herself committed to several Marvel movies if she takes the role.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/has-ni...r-the-avengers

Comment

Turns out that Cobie Smulders did indeed get the part. Also, despite the fact that the character description obviously indicates that the character is Maria Hill, it has not officially been confirmed that that's who it is... we all know it is though.

Also of note, with trailers for all of these movies out there, a lot of people on YouTube have created fan trailers for The Avengers. Including me!

The Avengers - Fan Trailer
                      Last edited by Byakuya Truelight; 12 March 2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Also, I'd kinda like to see ALL of the love interest characters come back. Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Liv Tyler as Betty Ross, and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster. I suppose it would be rather hard for them all to play a significant role in the plot, but still, the more they bring back from the previous films, the better, I say!

Also, I hope Marvel gives The Avengers a decent budget. You don't build up to a movie with 4 other movies for 4 years and create that kind of hype and anticipation then expect it to be cheaply made... It's bad enough that one of the 4 main characters had to have an actor swap, let's not see anything else bad happen.

After all, has anyone considered that the continuation of the Marvel Cinematic Universe AFTER 2012 might actually partially hinge on the financial success of The Avengers? We all know what happens when not enough people watch something... T_T
                        Last edited by Byakuya Truelight; 12 March 2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

it's already been said that Pepper is not appearing in Avengers

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                            it's already been said that Pepper is not appearing in Avengers
                            Then that makes me sad.

Comment

Surprised that no one's mentioned the fact that The Avengers has officially begun filming now. Yay. :]

Comment

Originally posted by Byakuya Truelight View Post
                                Surprised that no one's mentioned the fact that The Avengers has officially begun filming now. Yay. :]
                                Woah! It has?!

Comment

Working...
                                X