No announcement yet.

The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well true or not these kinds of things happen all the time. It's just Hollywood politics. Personally I think at least the part about Marvel interfering with Iron Man 2's production in order to pave way for the Avengers is most likely true.
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      And with a reach of their claw, Marvel claim copyright and get Youtube to remove it. *******s. Can't get the chance to enjoy anything these days.
      Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Indeed.... I really tried to find a video of it...
      You can still watch it here:
      http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-lo...iler/112-1099/

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Nice!

Comment

Looks good, i like The Avengers hopefully the movie will be good too
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

The Avengers Movie Gets A Release Date

According to a report by SuperheroHype, Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios are planning to begin shooting The Avengers movie February, 2011 for a May 4, 2012 release. Paramount and Marvel plan to release Thor in May, 2011, Captain America in July and begin shooting on their Avengers film in February of that same year.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-av...e-date/141829/

Comment

The Avengers Movie to Shoot in 3D

While THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA are going to be converted to 3D for their releases, THE AVENGERS is actually going to be shot in 3D, according to First Showing. That’s a key difference to stress. Most of the backlash against 3D, as I see it, has been against movies that were shot in 2D and then converted to 3D - - THE LAST AIRBENDER, CLASH OF THE TITANS, ALICE IN WONDERLAND, et al. As far as I know, the only movie to follow AVATAR’s lead by actually shooting with stereoscopic cameras is STEP-UP 3. You’ll notice the marketing for that movie’s been keen to emphasize “shot in 3D” - - I suppose this is going to become the modern equivalent of “shot on location.”

http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-av...-in-3d/141890/

Comment

More Than One Female Character in The Avengers

The cast of the Avengers film was the big announcement at San Diego Comic Con last month. Many characters fans have grown up with and love will be in the film: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Thor, War Machine, and Black Widow. However, Joss Whedon says that aside from Black Widow, there will be another female character in the film.

ComicBookMovie recently reported that Black Widow won't be the only female character in the upcoming 2012 Avengers film, at least according to director Joss Whedon: "It is true that the movie is only going to have one female avenger.. But she will not be the only female character" This opens the door pretty wide to speculation. Could we see Gwyneth Paltrow reprise her role as Pepper Potts? Will someone step in to play Bruce Banner's love interest, Betty Ross? Or will the fans see a female of the villain variety?

continues:
                http://www.comicvine.com/news/more-t...engers/141935/

Comment

Isn't Wasp also part of the Avangers line-up? That's one female character right there.
                  "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Joss Whedon Talks Avengers at The Melbourne Writers Festival!

Joss Whedon gives us some more information on the script and Marvel concerning 2012's The Avengers at this years Melbourne Writers Festival.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=22748

Jeremy Renner Hints Once Again Hawkeye Will Use a Bow in The Avengers!

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Renner once again alludes to the fact that he will indeed be sporting his legendary bow.

Are you ready for your role as Hawkeye in “The Avengers”?
                    It was in my consciousness for sure, and I know what I want to do to prepare, but right now I’m preparing for “Mission Impossible IV.” Cause that came into my life very quickly. Actually I’m going to do stunt training right after this.

What do you know about your character Hawkeye? Have you seen a costume sketch?
                    I’m blind to all that sort of thing. I know very little about the story. I know a little about the character and how I want to approach it. It’s a very physical character. I’ll be doing archery and training physically as much as I can. Then once I get a script I can dig into the heart of who this guy is.
                    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=22769

Comment

Ruffalo to play both Banner and Hulk

Joss Whedon's upcoming Avengers film will use performance capture to allow Mark Ruffalo to portray both the character of Bruce Banner and his alter ego, The Incredible Hulk.

Bleeding Cool reports that the film will use a technique similar to that used by James Cameron to create the alien Na'vi race in Avatar.

Both Hulk in 2003 and The Incredible Hulk in 2008 used pure CGI to create the character.

"I'm really excited, no one's ever played the Hulk exactly - they've always done CGI," Ruffalo said. "They're going to do the Avatar stop-action, stop-motion capture."

Ruffalo also hinted that his take on the character will draw more from the original TV series The Incredible Hulk, which starred Bill Bixby, rather than the more recent films.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-and-hulk.html

Comment

Good news, both the the special effects and acting front.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Oh wow, a third Hulk canon for the movies. /sarcasm.

They should just forget about Hulk, or get Lou Ferrigno in green paint to do it.

sigpic

Comment

Oh wow, a third Hulk canon for the movies. /sarcasm.

They should just forget about Hulk, or get Lou Ferrigno in green paint to do it.
                            It is a shame IMO.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

...That might actually be kinda retro cool.

One thing I'll say about the Hulk in Hollywood: they're determined to keep trying until they get it right! If at first [and second] you don't succeed etc.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

'The Avengers' budget 'may be limited'

Reports have indicated that Marvel Studios are looking to cut costs on The Avengers.

Despite the film's impressive casting roster, which includes the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans and Samuel L. Jackson, the studio is apparently looking to keep the film's budget as restrained as possible.

According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel is demanding that the film is completed "on the relative cheap", and are looking for the cost to be similar, relatively speaking, to how much Sony paid for Spider-Man back in 2002.

The report also claims that pre-production has been significantly delayed, following a number of staffing changes at the company.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...e-limited.html

Comment

Working...
                                X