No announcement yet.

The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Pattinson cast as new Bruce Banner! Ok not really, but if people are going to boo the new guy, they should get a guy who's already not liked by most non 14 year old girls.

sigpic

Comment

Is Mark Ruffalo the New Hulk?

Well, that was quick. Only a couple days ago, Marvel officially confirmed that Edward Norton wouldn’t be returning to play the Hulk in THE AVENGERS movie, saying that they were already in negotiations with a name actor to replace him. Joaquin Phoenix’s rolled up out of the rumor mill, but now, Deadline’s saying that Mark Ruffalo’s in final negotiations to play Bruce Banner.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/is-mar...w-hulk/141648/

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        If the new guy replacing Ed shows up at Comic Con with the cast at the panel I hope he gets booed at whenever his name is said
        Why? That's pretty immature considering that whoever it is didn't have any part in Ed getting removed from the movie.

Mark Ruffalo is amazingly awesome. I would jump to see the movie if he signs on.
        sigpic

Comment

Hopefully he will do well in the role.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm indifferent about who plays Banner. What they need is a decent story and a lot of action. Just more of what was in the last one, really.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I will still see this film if Joss Whedon is directing, but I will greatly miss Edward Norton.

Comment

I have to admit I haven´t seen Eric Bana as Hulk but I saw Edward Norton and he was good. I didn´t expect him to be but he suprised me. He isn´t the type of an actor who would go into a comic-book movie even with a popularity that this genre is getting these days. I respected that he wanted to make the character but maybe he argued too much? We will never know but I am disappointed he is out of Avengers.

But I wouldn´t "boo" at anybody who will come to replace him. I am actually very curious. I found this poll at comicbookmovie.com did and it is interesting but I doubt people in Marvel really care.
                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20096

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Why did Edward Norton leave? I really like him as an actor and loved him as bruce banner

Comment

He had some conflicts with Marvel studio, I think. He is one of the "troublemakers". I don´t mind when an actor speaks his mind but maybe he did or said something that was too much? guess we will never know for sure but it is a shame.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

well that sucks I think he did a great job as the hulk, I mean he fit Bruce Banner so well

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisJr View Post
                        well that sucks I think he did a great job as the hulk, I mean he fit Bruce Banner so well
                        Yeah, he really did fit the role well. Not much we can do at this point though. We just have to accept it, and hope whoever replaces him does a good job.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Joss Whedon Confirms That He Is Directing The Avengers

When asked about the film, Whedon said..

"It’s not an official thing, I think because Marvel couldn’t afford a press release, Can I make that an official thing? I am directing THE AVENGERS!"

Whedon also says:

"I started to work on an internet piece with Warren Ellis called Wastelanders, but then Avengers came up and he said 'I'll just wait then." it's a little early, I am still writing an outline and reworking it. What interested me is these people (Avengers) shouldn't be in the same room as one another & that to me is the definition of family"

"i honestly watch (JJ's) Star Trek and its the gold standard for a team movie/summer action and it makes me throw up w/fear about Avengers"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20414

Comment

I'm hearing from people i know who are attending SDCC that Wheadon has just confirmed Fillion will play Ant Man....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                              I'm hearing from people i know who are attending SDCC that Wheadon has just confirmed Fillion will play Ant Man....
                              You did not get the full quote

"Nathan Fillion is Ant-Man," he said, adding, "unfortunately Ant-Man isn’t really in the movie"

Comment

Joss Whedon Talks The Avengers & Confirms Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye!

Confirming himself yesterday as the director of Marvel's ultimate hero-clash The Avengers, Joss Whedon talks briefly with On The Red Carper at the San Diego Comic-Con about assembling such an "extraordinary" cast...including confirmation of Hurt Locker Academy Nominee Jeremy Renner.

"I'm writing and directing it," at the pop culture convention. "There will be some avenging that takes place during the film and that's about all I can tell you. I think it's well-known that Jeremy Renner is joining us as Hawkeye, which is so exciting for me and the rest of the cast."

"I do think that I am putting together and extraordinary powerhouse cast and I'm just so excited to be in their presence and I hope they don't kill each other, because that'd be weird," Whedon said.

"Make it matter. Give your movie stars a reason to show up the same way you need to give the Avengers a reason to team up. Make it worth it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20497

SDCC: Nathan Fillion is NOT Ant-Man in The Avengers

There seems to be some confusion that Joss Whedon announced Nathan Fillion will be Ant-Man in The Avengers at a Comic-Con panel today. While we couldn't attend, Marvel has confirmed to us that he was joking.

"Nathan Fillion is Ant-Man," he said, adding, "unfortunately Ant-Man isn't really in the movie."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...n-the-avengers

Comment

Working...
                                X