No announcement yet.

Iron Man 2 : More Action , More Bad Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rourke Offered Just $250K for Iron Man 2?
    Source:Variety January 21, 2009

Variety has posted an interesting article on how the studios are being cautious about spending money for movies in 2010 and 2011. Here's a surprising bit:

Then there is comeback kid Mickey Rourke, who is poised to follow his Golden Globe-winning performance in "The Wrestler" with an offer to play the main villain in "Iron Man 2" — but at a lowball opening offer of $250,000 from Marvel; Marvel's tactics have already prompted Samuel L. Jackson to swear off playing Nick Fury because of a similarly low offer.
    $250,000 sounds pretty darn good to you and us, but when you think that Iron Man earned $582 million at the worldwide box office, plus DVD sales, then something doesn't seem right. Let's hope Mr. Rourke ended up getting a much better deal.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=7998
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 15 February 2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Rourke Offered Just $250K for Iron Man 2?
      Source:Variety January 21, 2009

Variety has posted an interesting article on how the studios are being cautious about spending money for movies in 2010 and 2011. Here's a surprising bit:

Then there is comeback kid Mickey Rourke, who is poised to follow his Golden Globe-winning performance in "The Wrestler" with an offer to play the main villain in "Iron Man 2" — but at a lowball opening offer of $250,000 from Marvel; Marvel's tactics have already prompted Samuel L. Jackson to swear off playing Nick Fury because of a similarly low offer.
      $250,000 sounds pretty darn good to you and us, but when you think that Iron Man earned $582 million at the worldwide box office, plus DVD sales, then something doesn't seem right. Let's hope Mr. Rourke ended up getting a much better deal.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=7998
      So in a case like this, why can't they just make a deal lor something where the actor gets maby $300,000 for appering in the film, and then say 5% of Box Office profits? Is it something to do with the unions?
      The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
      Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Samuel L. Jackson confirms recession has cost him Nick Fury

Samuel L. Jackson has confirmed to IGN that the recession has hit Marvel Films hard and that they can no longer afford him to pay him to make cameo’s in IRON MAN 2, CAPTAIN AMERICA, THE AVENGERS etc.

Marvel, remember, already dropped Terrence Howard from IRON MAN 2 because of his outlandish wages and swapped with Don Cheadle who was willing to work cheaper. From what we’ve been hearing also, Mickey Rourke is taking on a much decreased wage packet to play Crymson Dynamo in the sequel in the hope that the added exposure to his Oscar nominated turn in THE WRESTLER will see him right for a lot more roles in the next 10 years.

Or maybe it’s just that he has seen the future and the days of the big wage packets are truly gone. Maybe Samuel L. Jackson is still living in a dream world. And well let’s be honest, has he really been worth the money studio’s have thrown at him over the past five years? Does his name really mean anything to a project these days?

I can’t help but think Jackson is being short sighted here. He should be taking a massive pay cut for a few days “work” (it’s hardly work the scenes he has been involved in) with the hope that the building of his character will eventually lead to a nice payday in a NICK FURY movie somewhere down the road.

Will you miss Big Sam from the Marvel canon? I won’t… I can easy forget a very brief cameo from the end of the credits of IRON MAN. Personally, I’m hoping they keep Clark Gregg, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who harassed Tony Stark in the original. I would rather see more of him.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...-nick-fury.php
        Last edited by Madwelshboy; 15 February 2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maniacmike View Post
          any reason why terrance howard wont be rhodes this time around?

not that i liked him in the first one, but from terrence to don? They both don't fit into that role too well, but i guess it can be modified to fit a different actor.
          money!!!

Comment

Nick Fury better not appear again if Samuel L. Jackson isn't playing him!

Comment

Has Marvel’s recession cost them Emily Blunt too?

Marvel’s new policy of smaller wage packets might now have cost them Emily Blunt, who according to Variety is mulling over an offer to co-star in 20th Century Fox’s adaptation of GULLIVER’S TRAVELS.

Both IRON MAN 2 (shooting in Manhatten) and GULLIVER’S TRAVELS (in the U.K.) will film in April and it’s unlikely she will be able to commit to both, though her chances of doing so is said to be more optimistic this morning than it was a few days ago.

You would have thought it would be a no-brainer for Blunt after how successful IRON MAN was last year to star as Black Widow (and a role that she would grow into for future movies) but like I say, small wage packets compared with the big money Fox are likely to be throwing about and you can see why she has a dilemma.

There’s also another factor in all this. Fox are said to have a “first look option” from a deal made way back during THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, which they could invoke to get Blunt to star in GULLIVER’S.

<snip>

I’m sure all of you will agree we would rather see Blunt star as Black Widow for IRON MAN 2 rather than a Jack Black fantasy movie. She won’t be easily replaced.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...-blunt-too.php

Comment

There's holding out for money and then there's getting paid what you're worth. I'm in the camp who really never saw why Jackson was such a big name actor, but I can understand why his 'bad man' action roles inspired Nick Fury's Ultimate Universe portrayal.
                We're used to hearing actors getting millions and millions, and since the movies gross so much, many deserve it. In today's financial 'crisis', maybe people should rethink their bottom lines? It's not like they're starving, what with residuals and previous salaries and all... but that's just a poor man's opinion.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

A year ago I would have thought Samuel L. Jackson to be perfect but many of his latest movies sucked

Comment

not anymore

Comment

Rourke Not Crimson Dynamo in Iron Man 2?
                      Source:MTV February 4, 2009

In January when trade reports announced that Mickey Rourke was in talks to play a villain in Iron Man 2, it was believed that he would take on the role of Crimson Dynamo. Robert Downey Jr. tells MTV that doesn't seem to be the case, however:

"That's actually incorrect," Downey told MTV News when asked if Rourke was being considered for the aforementioned Iron Man rogue. When pressed if, instead of Crimson Dynamo, Rourke was up for the role of Whiplash, another potential role bandied about on blogs these days, Downey had a more cryptic response.

"I can neither confirm nor deny that," said Downey. "Or maybe it's some semblance of both. Here, I can tell you everything

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=8048

Comment

'Iron Man 2': Scarlett Johansson to replace Emily Blunt as Black Widow?

Because Emily Blunt's commitment to Twentieth Century Fox and the studio's upcoming Gulliver's Travels movie may prohibit her from costarring in Iron Man 2, Marvel is in discussions with other actresses, most significantly Scarlett Johansson, to take her place, EW has learned exclusively. Marvel will not confirm, but sources around Hollywood say Johansson has indeed met with the filmmakers and is interested in taking the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow. Blunt's reps are still trying to make both projects work, but Gulliver's is further along, with a start date of April 15. Iron Man 2 still doesn't have a shooting script and a start date has not yet been determined

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...an-2-will.html

Comment

I really can't wait for this movie. I loved Iron Man, and can't wait to see what they throw at us in this one.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I really can't wait for this movie. I loved Iron Man, and can't wait to see what they throw at us in this one.
                            Me to! lets just hope it meets the standard of the first film

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Me to! lets just hope it meets the standard of the first film
                              The first movie will be pretty hard to beat.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Eliza Dushku Wants to be Black Widow in Iron Man II

Listeners to the Howard Stern show this morning heard hottie Eliza Dushku plead for the role of KGB super spy Natalia Romanova a.k.a. the Black Widow.

Last we heard, the part was already offered to Emily Blunt, the sexy secy of The Devil Wears Prada, but conflicting film schedules and a contractual obligation with 20th Century Fox's remake of Gulliver's Travels may cause her to release the role -- leaving an opening for Eliza.

http://comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/i...2/news/?a=6254

Comment

Working...
                                X