No announcement yet.

I Do (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just know that Ben watched the whole thing.

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

I don't think that Jacob is either Ethan or Goodwin, because Ben called them by those names at the beginning of the season. Maybe there's another spy in the camp...

Comment

I havnt seen this episode yet but is it true that Eko dies in it. Because dude, that sucks!
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

yes. it is true. Mr. Ecko falls to the island.

Comment

Although not in this episode - it's in episode 5.

Comment

I doubt Jacob is an Other infiltrator. ethan and Goodwin were sent straight away to mix in with the crowd to avoid detection, by the time Ethan was descovered everyone knew eachother too well for another infiltrator, not to mention the massenger manifest. Jacob could however be someone from the crash who has been compromised, my money is on either the woman (could be a code name) or the guy in the red shirt who went with Locke to The Pearl.

Jacob could also simply be a random Other tasked with making the list, although dropping an actual name suggests he is more likely to be significant in some way.
            Last edited by lunarleviathan; 21 November 2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
              ....Jacob could however be someone from the crash who has been compromised, my money is on either the woman (could be a code name) or the guy in the red shirt who went with Locke to The Pearl...
              very interesting idea.
              It's true that it's rare that a show introduce characters and names just for the sake of it. Everything that is mentioned is useful for the future.
              I'm sure that those 2 new characters are not simple innocent crashed passengers that would be unconditional heroes like the main "good guys" characters from season 1.

Comment

We're a month away from LOST's return to broadcast... what's the deal with the time change? That doesn't usually bode well for a show when they start messing around with where and when it's shown. Do we have something to worry about?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                  Also, I think Sayid may go soon, since I can't imagine too many more episodes about him.
                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They cannot kill Sayid! There is SO much more to him. And they need him. He's the balancing character. He is so underrated and overlooked. I would not be upset if the Monster took Kate's head off though.

Cheers!
                  Em
                  Emerald
                  ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                  I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                    I kinda wonder whether that isn't the driving force behind the dislike: People don't want to spend time on the backstory of one who is (has been written as) a supporting character, rather than a lead/protagonist/hero.

Doesn't look like it's going to get any better. 3x06 was dismal characterisation, IMO.
                    I agree with you there.

In truth, Kate was originally meant to be THE lead of the show. Jack was supposed to die in the Pilot. Things evolved and changed with the character chemistry, casting, etc. The problem *is* with the writing though. They gave Kate a basically irredeemable background. She *should* be in jail for murder. Plain and simple. As long as there was a chance she'd been set up or something, there was a chance to like her as a character. But she's a lying murderer. Then they changed the writing from "She's a bad-ass who can knock the marshall around, so he needs 5 guns" to little miss helpless who is the reason the boys keep having to put down their guns. Very poorly done, imo.

Yeah, I know this was ages ago, but I just joined here and love discussing the show.

Cheers!
                    Em
                    Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
                      We're a month away from LOST's return to broadcast... what's the deal with the time change? That doesn't usually bode well for a show when they start messing around with where and when it's shown. Do we have something to worry about?
                      I am a little worried. I didn't even know about the time change. And they haven't been doing promos for LOST at all. That is disturbing. If they don't remind viewers about the show, they won't get the viewers back. Mistakes they made with other shows, and they apparently don't have much of a learning curve at ABC.

*sigh*
                      Em
                      Emerald

Comment

ummm what is the new time then? has the day of the week changed as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
                          I am a little worried. I didn't even know about the time change. And they haven't been doing promos for LOST at all. That is disturbing. If they don't remind viewers about the show, they won't get the viewers back. Mistakes they made with other shows, and they apparently don't have much of a learning curve at ABC.

*sigh*
                          Em
                          What are you talking about? There have been 6 Lost Moment promos during Day Break, then a seventh promo during Grey's Anatomy. Another one was "aired" exclusively online last week. (All those promos on youtube). Then they had a big 1min TV promo (and also a shorter one) last week advertising the new time slot.

It's all there...

(Also, Lost will come back in one month, so ATM there is no point in advertising the crap out of it other than to rub it in the audience's face and saying "haha still 6 weeks to go" -- and give a little treat to those who can't wait. )

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
                          ummm what is the new time then? has the day of the week changed as well?
                          Starting Wednesday, Feb 7 2007, 10/9c (one hour later than usual; probably to avoid American Idol).
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Thanks for all the links for the promos. I dont watch Day Break or Grey's Anatomy..so I missed all of them. this gets U green!

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post

*sigh*
                              Em
                              Actually, the only promos for LOST I have seen was during the mid-season take over, DAYBREAK. They showed scenes from the upcoming 'season' of LOST... a different one each week. That was when I found out about it being shown at 10pm (ET) instead of at 9pm. The change bothers me because its going up against CSI:NY which has been doing very well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lost started out with so much promise.....unfortunately, it has "lost" it's way.
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X