No announcement yet.

I Do (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am beginning to think that the Island that they showed Sawyer is just another Island and they are all still on the same island that they have always been on since the crash. They knew he would eventualy tell Kate and are just playing mind games with him to keep them from even trying to escape.

I really liked this episode and can't wait till Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      I would rather have had the break start last week, leaving us with the monster vs. Eko scene. That really shook up the fans. This ending left me yawning instead of thinking, "OMG, we have to wait until February!"
      See I thought last week was rather ho-hum, while this week was great! Jack rocked. For me it's not even about the cliff-hanger, because I really don't expect any of the big 3 to die, it's just that it was overall a great episode. Well, except the Kate & Sawyer thing, I don't like them together. But it did give MF a chance to shine. That scene with him and Kate when she was asking him to do the surgery for Sawyer was so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
        Well, it's pretty much a given that either Kate or Sawyer will die. They had sex. That's what happens on Lost; you have sex, you die later that episode. I'm guessing it will be Kate. Sawyer's much too popular a character to kill off, and having it be Kate will really put both Sawyer and Jack through the ringer.
        Kate is also a popular character. The 3 in captivity are often referred to as the "big 3" stars of the show.

But IMO, as far as Sawyer, I could actually give a rat's a$$ about him. I know they need an anti-hero on the show, but he mostly just annoys me. It wouldn't bother me in the least if that trigger got pulled.

Comment

I beg to differ. Kate has been seen to be quite unpopular. Given that she had 3 flashbacks the first year, fans were already tiring of seeing too much of her and not enough of some minor characters with more interesting backstories. That's why there was only one episode centered around her.

Although, since the producers pulled back on her character a little, people are warming to her more I think. I still think she will die though, since her stories have pretty much been told by now. Also, I think Sayid may go soon, since I can't imagine too many more episodes about him.
          Spoiler:
          Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
            I would but it's currently on my iTunes Backup disk and odds say I probably couldn't add the Pilot on to my iPod since I don't very much space left on it.
            delete dude! watch and be happy. or, can we still watch old eps if we go to ABC.com? are those really old ones still on there?

maybe the clue on Mr. Ecko's stick will help Locke find this other island?
            at least Jack was much more intersting this episode. as someone said...he was showing some spine!

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
              ...I thought the tumor was on Ben's NECK.
              nope. I went back and had to pause, so I could really check out the xray. it clearly shows the tumor is on his lumbar spine area..I can see the last ribs and the top of the pelvic crest in that particular xray. yeah, they did show a view of the cervical spine at one point as well...and i went back cause I am a radiology rn, so i was curious. and that is the area that Jack was operating on. and the fact that Jack said he cut a major blood vessel leading to Ben's kidney also made sense.

just thought I'd clear that up.

Comment

None of the "Big 3" are going to die so lets stop talking about it. They just killed Eko, I don't think anyone else is going to get it for awhile.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

...but...but that's the rule! You have sex, you die! That's how Shannon died and that's how Anna Lucia died (and how Boone died too, even though he only had sex in flashback). Didn't the producers once say that the only person off-limits was Charlie, due to Dominic Monaghan's tremendous fanbase?

So who's Jacob? They mentioned that Jack wasn't on "Jacob's List." So does that mean Jack wasn't one of the ones the Others dediced were "good people?" Wondering what their criteria is...
                  Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                  I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                  What have these years left to me?
                  Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                    I beg to differ. Kate has been seen to be quite unpopular. .
                    I must also beg to differ. On the groups I belong to, Kate is a generally well liked character. Although some have moral objections to her killing her father, I can't recall any posts in which anyone complained that she specifically, and not the other 2 as well, got too many back stories.

In the media, she is also protrayed as a fan favorite.

Comment

Kate's flashbacks and scenes must be easy to write. Put Kate in some situation, have her make the worst possible choice, voila.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
                        delete dude! watch and be happy. or, can we still watch old eps if we go to ABC.com? are those really old ones still on there?
                        The only have the episode from this season on ABC.com, and in widescreen, with the full credit, not the cut off BS (with the credits) from Full Screen version.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                          I'm a little put off because I thought that Carlton&Damon had said we would know what's up with Karl at the end of the 6 eps. Guess what - I still don't really know. I was also expecting to get to know who's the bad guy - Ben or Juliet or both. I'm still not any smarter. And no patch eyed guy either, although I think that's the detour Locke wants to take.
                          Who is Karl?
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

we do know what happened to karl.
                            they killed him.

karl was alex's boyfriend.

in one of the earlier episodes - i don't remember which, Alex asks sawyer or kate if there was another guy up in the cages with them, a guy named karl. she was concerned about him.

in last night's ep, when alex runs in, slingshot blazing, when they are hauling her away she shouts "they'll kill him just like they killed my boyfriend."

so, there ya go. end of episode 6. we know Karl is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                              I beg to differ. Kate has been seen to be quite unpopular. Given that she had 3 flashbacks the first year, fans were already tiring of seeing too much of her and not enough of some minor characters with more interesting backstories. That's why there was only one episode centered around her.
                              bit confused -- Do you mean there was only 1 Kate-ep in Year 2? Huh. If so, I guess that explains why I thought she seemed to have fewer eps than the other 'big' leads.

note to self: go look up the character-focus of each ep.

And, yeah, although I make no claim to be an expert on the many niches of Lost fandom, my sense has been that Kate is relatively unpopular overall. It's a shame, really. Personally (unlike some), my problem is not with Evangeline Lilly; it's with the writing. I kinda wonder whether that isn't the driving force behind the dislike: People don't want to spend time on the backstory of one who is (has been written as) a supporting character, rather than a lead/protagonist/hero.

Doesn't look like it's going to get any better. 3x06 was dismal characterisation, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
                                Kate's flashbacks and scenes must be easy to write. Put Kate in some situation, have her make the worst possible choice, voila.
                                Hey...Kate doesn't do Taco nights, remember that.
                                sigpic
                                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Working...
                                X