The End, Part 2 (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    It wasn't a Christian sermon. The "church" had religious symbols from several different religions. I don't get the BSG comparison either.
    The comparison to BSG is simply that RDM and company spent 3 years with their show with absolutely zero clue on how to end it. Then when it finally comes down to it, they drop the ball and use magic. Completely unacceptable for not just a Scifi show, but any show.

Was this show's ending imaginative? Original? Creative? No, it was basically a 6 year journey of mysteries woven together to form a fabric...we don't get to see. It was a mystery novel with the final chapter replaced by another book. They did a bait and switch, and I wish people could just recognize this. They simply had no ability or talent on how to end this, so they wrap up some characters without finishing the damn story.

Think about it, did people really watch this just for the character drama? I am sure a few did, but the vast majority found the appeal of this show to be in the complicated mysteries that were introduced. In other words this was no different in some respects to a murder mystery novel that places clues throughout the novel, with the final chapter tying it all together. Look at what most people spent their time discussing, thread after thread all over the internet attempting to figure out these mysteries. They did 5 years + 17 episodes drawing you in with these mysteries, only to give you ONE simple explanation in the 18th episode to one question.

Yet, was this show about the alternative timeline? Well was it? NO! It absolutely was NOT. Folks, this was not an ending, but simply a conclusion to a separate storyline introduced at the end of last seasons finale. Get it? They simply did NOT conclude the show that most people watched.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
      You know the worst part is? I actually came up with a better ending
      Oh?

Pray tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        Oh?

Pray tell.
        That would pointless exorcise. I guess I don't know how else to explain it. This show was NOT about the alternative timeline, and that is the only thing they addressed. And what they did address was not original or creative, but merely a cop out used before in many other films.

Comment

The finale was good, nothing more. We all knew deep down it was all about Jack from the beginning, it was still about him in the end.

Were left with so many questions that we'll never get answers to. I agree with SBN, they dropped the ball. All those mysteries that made the show popular were all for nothing.

But it was all about the characters, thats what theyre telling us in the church scene... then, where was Micheal and Walt in the end? Sucks to be forgotten so easily.

They could have made 1 or 2 more seasons and wrap it all up beautifully, but no, they had to rush it and mess it up.

Comment

That would pointless exorcise. I guess I don't know how else to explain it. This show was NOT about the alternative timeline, and that is the only thing they addressed. And what they did address was not original or creative, but merely a cop out used before in many other films.
            Well, but wait--didn't they show Jack and then Hurley being the new Jacob? Didn't Not-Locke get killed, so he couldn't go off and cause mayhem and destruction in the rest of the world? Didn't those guys on the plane make it off the island? Didn't they show how to turn off and turn on the light at the center of the island? Didn't they show Ben being accepted as Hurley's right-hand man? Those things weren't related to the sideways universe....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

In short, cry moar internets.

I thought it was flippin' awesome. Hit every right chord with me, and I'm going to miss these crazy kids.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

No, it was basically a 6 year journey of mysteries woven together to form a fabric...we don't get to see. It was a mystery novel with the final chapter replaced by another book. They did a bait and switch, and I wish people could just recognize this. They simply had no ability or talent on how to end this, so they wrap up some characters without finishing the damn story.

Think about it, did people really watch this just for the character drama? I am sure a few did, but the vast majority found the appeal of this show to be in the complicated mysteries that were introduced. In other words this was no different in some respects to a murder mystery novel that places clues throughout the novel, with the final chapter tying it all together. Look at what most people spent their time discussing, thread after thread all over the internet attempting to figure out these mysteries. They did 5 years + 17 episodes drawing you in with these mysteries, only to give you ONE simple explanation in the 18th episode to one question.
                They could have just replaced the whole episode with this
                sigpic
                Inside soft clouds we have drowned so deep in slumber our feet have lost the ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Tonttu View Post
                  They could have just replaced the whole episode with this
                  Pretty much is how things turned out. I am willing to bet a lot that someday we will find out the truth was simply they could not figure out a way to conclude the show. Someday some writer or someone associated with the show will admit in some interview that they got in over their heads, or simply did not care how it ended. To be more cynical, in this day I would not even be surprised if this finale was some big jerk for a future movie that promises true finality. God knows they probably are even thinking about spin off.

Comment

^ Damn, I thought I was cynical...

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                    But it was all about the characters, thats what theyre telling us in the church scene... then, where was Micheal and Walt in the end? Sucks to be forgotten so easily.
                    Michael's "spirit" was trapped on the island.

Walt was just a kid. Sure, it would have been a major experience in his life, but he spent a couple of months at most on the island, then Locke turned up outside his school one day. He probably didn't spend "the most important period of his life" with the other characters. Why would he spend eternity with them?

Comment

I loved the end. As soon as I realized what was going on, I teared up and i started to smile.

Amazing end to a wonderful, joyful, moving and fun experience.
                      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                        ^ Damn, I thought I was cynical...

Michael's "spirit" was trapped on the island.

Walt was just a kid. Sure, it would have been a major experience in his life, but he spent a couple of months at most on the island, then Locke turned up outside his school one day. He probably didn't spend "the most important period of his life" with the other characters. Why would he spend eternity with them?
                        The producer's did say a few weeks ago that we would get some resolution to the whole why Walt was specially before the show is over. Malcolm David Kelley was even seen shooting scene's on set for the finale. They must have decided not to include the footage in the finale. If there is any footage, it will likely be on the dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                          The producer's did say a few weeks ago that we would get some resolution to the whole why Walt was specially before the show is over. Malcolm David Kelley was even seen shooting scene's on set for the finale. They must have decided not to include the footage in the finale. If there is any footage, it will likely be on the dvd.
                          I will say that the Walt storyline is the one thing I'm disappointed about not getting any resolution for.

Questions of who built the statue and the like, I'm not really fussed, to be honest. I thought I would be, but looking back, I'm not. It's just background, IMO, not vitally important to the story being told, and there's enough information to make an educated guess at the least.

Comment

Good finale, while im not a shipper I loved how they all reunited with there loved ones, Sayid/Shannon, The Kwons, Charlie/Claire, Jack/Kate, Sawyer/Juliet, I also liked how Ben got some closure from killing Lock

At the end, where were the tailies? I think i seen Bernard but what about Anna Lucia/Libby/Eko etc, etc

Atleast Hurley didnt wake up in the loony bin having dreamt all of it up
                            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 24 May 2010, 03:22 AM.
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

I hope there's a special level in the Hell, where creators of this s**t will burn for eternity!!!!!!!
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

there are a couple of plot lines that don't make sense or could have been give some closure...

why didn't jack turn into a smoke monster?
                                why did the others take such an interest in walt?
                                what harm could the smoke monster do in his mortal body?
                                where did the light come from, why did it need to be kept?
                                what was eleanor's role in the real world and how come she was so aware in the purgatory world?
                                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X