L.A. X, Part 2 (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my theory...
    universe in which the plane didn't crash is the same one in which juliet sunk the island...
    the universe in which the ajira flight fell down is the other universe... it also appears that in this universe the ocanic flight didn't fall down on the island (the others didn't know survivor names (jack, sayid,...), but then there was the stolen chick living among the others :s.

things that are weird...
    - smoke monster and jackob seem to be able to travel from universe to universe almost at will (at least jackob could, smokie had to wear a locke-condom )
    - if the oceanic plane did fall down in the 'island universe', why then are there 2 separate groups of 'others'?

...everything i said is probably wrong, but what the hell, at least you ppl got your brain wrinkled
    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Just another thought ...the ankh that the statue is holding is the same one which was in Hurley's suitcase...is a symbol for eternal life...is that a clue? Maybe dunking someone in the temple spring gives people that! perhaps that's why Richard never ages. So maybe Sayid has been given eternal life. When Ben was taken to the temple, when he was a child and dying...he was probably put into the waters. Didn't Richard say that he would be changed forever....and he didn't look as if it were a good thing either when he said it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
        Just another thought ...the ankh that the statue is holding is the same one which was in Hurley's suitcase...is a symbol for eternal life...is that a clue? Maybe dunking someone in the temple spring gives people that! perhaps that's why Richard never ages. So maybe Sayid has been given eternal life. When Ben was taken to the temple, when he was a child and dying...he was probably put into the waters. Didn't Richard say that he would be changed forever....and he didn't look as if it were a good thing either when he said it.
        Makes sense. If Widmore was also put into the spring at some point in his life, it would explain why Ben and Widmore apparently cant kill each other.

Comment

@boyd22, buy they both are aging...
          Last edited by NIMBUS; 07 February 2010, 07:25 AM.
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
            Makes sense. If Widmore was also put into the spring at some point in his life, it would explain why Ben and Widmore apparently cant kill each other.
            They are both aging, and Ben almost died because of a tumor.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i wonder if they could revive juliet? i'm surprised sawyer didn't suggest it.
              nah they can't revive dead people. EM confirmed that she'll appear in another ep this season, possibly the finale. we're probably gonna see her in the alternate timeline/reality

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
              wasn't sayid close to death, whereas juliet actually was dead i think the spring may only heal not bring back from the dead

abrams really loves his alternate universes fringe, star trek, now lost as well
              yeah remember Richard told Locke in The Incident: I have been here a long time, John. And i have seen things on this Island that I could barely describe, but I've never seem someone come back to life.
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well wicked episode, best TV since Lost was last on actually.

I the dual storyline.
                I also love the way this episodes answered many questions but solved so few of the actual mysteries.

Not sure what Smokey got planned, but I got the feeling he is still bound by some rules an that means he is not as powerful as he seems or implies, an why he only can kill some people an not others. What these rules are I am not sure but I am sure they will be reveal.

I got the feeling the end that the split in the timeline that nuclear bomb cause will have to be repaired/fixed eventually, remember the whole rules about not being able to change the past, I got the feeling what Juliet an Jack did will have to be undone by the end of the season an they will have to stay on the island.

As to the fountain of youth, I would not be surprise if that the people that use it become link to the island an are use by the island for it own purposes. The fountain is only a symbol use by the island, as it as able to heal Michael remotely.

I also got the feeling that this the first time we have met the true inhabitants of the islands who are at the temple, simply because of how they have the abilities to appear out of nowhere, an seem like the people who would cause wispers an sneak around.

I am interested to see the waitress story an how they became integrated into the temple so quickly.
                Also I wonder if Ben was really were getting those names from people off the island but really they were coming from Jackub all along. I also suspect that the people at the Temple do not much care for Ben an his plans an his doings over the years. I think he almost certainly operation outside of the Japanese guy. Who is the coolest new character.
                Last edited by knowles2; 09 February 2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  I also got the feeling that this the first time we have met the true inhabitants of the islands who are at the temple, simply because of how they have the abilities to appear out of nowhere, an seem like the people who would cause wispers an sneak around.

I am interested to see the waitress story an how they became integrated into the temple so quickly.
                  Also I wonder if Ben was really were getting those names from people off the island but really they were coming from Jackub all along. I also suspect that the people at the Temple do not much care for Ben an his plans an his doings over the years. I think he almost certainly operation outside of the Japanese guy. Who is the coolest new character.
                  To be fair, I think both the 'Others' and the 'Temple People' are the same group, just split. It would make sense to assume that 'The Others' are of the same group of people. Why would there be any need for two groups of them to exist?
                  sigpic
                  It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I've been bingeing on Season One recently in preparation for the finale and the thought occurred to me today; why was the plane flying over the island in this new timeline? The Pilot establishes that there'd been a change of plan and they were going to land in Fiji instead of LA which is why they were flying over it in the original timeline, but in the new timeline they land in LA so they shouldn't be flying over it at all. I get that the camera did move a bit underwater but 1000 miles?!

Comment

I'm really excited about this new season. Hurley finally gets some serious face time and the big reveals are coming.

The 45 catchup episode/documentary also helped refresh my memory of the events from the earlier seasons. Really well done.
                      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                        u know, killing Eko (s3)...while sparing Keamy & most of the mercs (s4)...ring a bell ?
                        That's assuming he meant to keep them alive and that they didn't just get away.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          I've been bingeing on Season One recently in preparation for the finale and the thought occurred to me today; why was the plane flying over the island in this new timeline? The Pilot establishes that there'd been a change of plan and they were going to land in Fiji instead of LA which is why they were flying over it in the original timeline, but in the new timeline they land in LA so they shouldn't be flying over it at all. I get that the camera did move a bit underwater but 1000 miles?!
                          THAT is a fantastic point. I have no idea why that would be... Plot hole maybe.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

My God what an episode, I was like this when it was over O.O

I really like the 2 ways of the episode showing what happend once the plain arrived and the other version showing how they still are on the island. Finally seeing what was inside of the guitar case thet Hugo was carring, I've been wondering what he had inside since Jacob gave it to him. And of course the temple and all those who live there, seeing the people who was taken was good, and I'm still wondering where is Claire.
                            Sayid, oh my God, why is he so important to stop the man (who is pretending to be John, now I hate him even more now) who made Ben kill Jacob?

I can't wait for the next episode, good way to start the season
                            sigpic
                            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

All I can say is I almost got teary-eyed when 815 FINALLY reached its destination, after (for us) over 5 years in transit. Also, for long-time fans, it's good to see the little touches, like the air hostess and the kids she disappeared with all that time ago. Hearing Greg Grunberg's voice as that of the Pilot's. Seeing Boone, Froghurt and Artz again was also enjoyable, and let's hope they aren't the only long-gone passengers to make guest appearances this season. Oh and Charlie, too.

My only qualm is, why does Jacob's nemesis remain in the form of John Locke?
                              sigpic

Comment

Me too I am going to miss this show so much, I love it, at least its on dvd's now so I could save money to buy each season.

Comment

Working...
                                X