No announcement yet.

L.A. X, Part 2 (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i seriously doubt the spring can bring locke back to life, he was due to be buried, so he'd been embalmed...and having formaldehyde in your veins is kinda hard to recover from

I think locke is dead and has been dead and as soon as they can figure out how to stop smokey, locke will die with him

I'm wondering if Jacob is really dead....his body burst into flames way too fast to be a real body.

that might mean something, or it might have just been dramatic license cause cremation like that would take hours and hours (real cremation is in a massive furnace with heat in the 2-3000 degree range, not an open fire
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      am I the only who believes that the Smokie isn't that bad? I think he doesn't like humans but he's not evil
      Ever since they introduced him as the MIB I've thought he would turn out to be the "good" one while Jacob was the "bad" one.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
        At this point, smokie/MIB seems like something/someone who will do anything to accomplish his goals, killing Jacob and apparently wanting to go home. I'm thinking the island has been some sort of prison for the MIB and Jacob was like a warden. Now that Jacob is gone, the MIB is free to go home, where ever that might be.
        I'm pretty sure his home is the temple.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

smoke monster/cerberus is definitly the bad one this was shown by the end of s4
          question is is it Neutral Evil or Lawful Evil ? ^__^

Comment

Just finished watching the two eps...and wow!
            I hadn't been spoilered at all for this so everything was a total surprise.
            Love the two time lines and I'm glad they didn't kill off Sayid.... I was willing him to survive. I also hope it is Sayid and not something using him.

I've been keen to know more about the smoke monster since the first time it appeared....never thought it would wear Locke though!!!

Also enjoyed seeing some of the earlier characters again in the changed time line...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
              Would you mind pointing out those tie-ups? This episode left me just as confused (if not more so) than before. I've got a feeling that the finale is just going to end with Hurley having dreamed up the whole thing. I mean, really, it would make all kinds of sense as to why everything happened. Though, at which point, I won't watch TV for 10 years.
              • We found out what the Temple is/ looks like
              • We found out that BadLocke is Smokey
              • Richard was most likely a slave (on the Black Rock)
              • We found out how Young-Ben was healed in the Temple
              • We're now back in 2007
              • And we've now got two groups of people on the Island: The Temple lot & the Statue-Foot lot, that ties up where everyone is.

I want to know what happened to Rose/Bernard/Vincent on the Island. I'm guessing they travelled to 2007 along with the other Losties too

Also, does Ben/ Richard outrank Dogan, or what? :O

And, we don't know if Claire is pregnant in the alternate timeline or not, seeing things have changed. I'm assuming she is, as what other reason would she have to travel to LA. But then again...

I loved the references in the Alternate Timeline between the characters too, and seeing most of the S1 characters again, fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                I'm not sure the spring revived Sayid. Dogan seemed pretty certain that he was dead and Lennon genuinely seemed shocked that he was alive. Its possible something is now inhabiting Sayid's body, perhaps Jacob. Although i dont like that idea because i really don't want Sayid to be used the same way Locke was.
                I agree...I don't think Sayid is alive. I think that Jacob...or someone else...has inhabited Sayid's body. Miles made a strange face while he was sitting close to Sayid which makes me think that something unnatural was happening to him. If Sayid was simply being revived Miles would have said he was alive or something...instead he remained silent and he looked disturbed. Not a very good sign....as we still don't know Jacob's true motives.
                Sam and Jack Forever!
                "With Your love You set me free. Three nails gave me liberty. So I'll sing Your praise. My God, I'll sing Your praise." ~Leeland

Comment

i wonder if they could revive juliet? i'm surprised sawyer didn't suggest it.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    wasn't sayid close to death, whereas juliet actually was dead i think the spring may only heal not bring back from the dead

abrams really loves his alternate universes fringe, star trek, now lost as well

Comment

so, like miracle max, the pool only works if you're mostly dead
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                        smoke monster/cerberus is definitly the bad one this was shown by the end of s4
                        question is is it Neutral Evil or Lawful Evil ? ^__^
                        I don't remember anything to suggest that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i seriously doubt the spring can bring locke back to life, he was due to be buried, so he'd been embalmed...and having formaldehyde in your veins is kinda hard to recover from
                          The way I'm seeing this, is that people can only be 'saved', not brought back from the dead.

Sayid wasn't dead when he entered the pool. Juliet and John are quite dead. I don't see them being brought back, but then, I wouldn't rule it out.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          I'm wondering if Jacob is really dead....his body burst into flames way too fast to be a real body.
                          Jacob isn't your everyday person though. If Jacob and Smokey/MIB are the same type of entity, it would be logical to assume that their Human-form isn't their only form, and what may happen to a real body, wouldn't happen to theirs?

Suffice to say, Jacob spoke to Hurley and said he was dead, so I think he's dead.

In regards to the plane passengers, I notice how Shannon wasn't there, Boone stated he went to AUS to save her from a relationship, that she was already happen in, so she didn't make the flight. Its resonable to assume that Claire is again Pregnant too. The lack of Anna Lucia and Eko was unwelcoming I thought. Would have been nice to see them back.

I also wonder (in addition to my previous post) - I put the theory forward that Jacob and Smokey were Gods, but what about fallen Angels instead? Whilst on the topic of immortals, when Smokey said to Richard about the chains, I do very much believe that he was talking in the literal sense.
                          sigpic
                          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                            I like how the The smoke monster mentioned Richard was free'd from his chains.

This is an obvious indication that Richard was part of the Black Rock, as a slave/someone captured. Early in Season one when they show the ship, it's pointed out that one of the Hand-cuffs are broken... and someone got free.
                            Wow, you have a good memory...I think I'm going to have to start taking notes

I was expecting someone to say it. I thought Hurley might say it as he watched Sawyer with Juliet, because he had already been told to take Sayid to the temple....

Had something happened to the spring water in the Temple though?
                            Someone said that the water was different.. and then the leader cut his hand and dipped it into the water...wasn't he expecting it to heal him and was surprised that it didn't? I don't know what that all means...maybe it has something to do with Jacob dying.

Originally posted by hobbitsrule View Post
                            I agree...I don't think Sayid is alive. I think that Jacob...or someone else...has inhabited Sayid's body. Miles made a strange face while he was sitting close to Sayid which makes me think that something unnatural was happening to him. If Sayid was simply being revived Miles would have said he was alive or something...instead he remained silent and he looked disturbed. Not a very good sign....as we still don't know Jacob's true motives.
                            Oh no..that's a good point...damn!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              I don't remember anything to suggest that.
                              u know, killing Eko (s3)...while sparing Keamy & most of the mercs (s4)...ring a bell ?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbitsrule View Post
                                I agree...I don't think Sayid is alive. I think that Jacob...or someone else...has inhabited Sayid's body.
                                if Sayid is dead then it's a carcass & there's nothing to inhabit, it's like trying to inhabit a statue (the monster could take Sayid's form but then Sayid's body would still be lying there, as with dead-Locke & monster-Locke)

but if Sayid is alive then why wouldn't he retain control over his own self ? (or can the monster "possess" people like a goauld possessing a host ?)

Comment

Working...
                                X