No announcement yet.

Dead Is Dead (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoyed this episode, the best one for a few weeks IMO. I'm just glad we've got away from the 1970s for an episode, it was all getting a bit uneventfull. The Ben/Locke/Sun stuff was great. Nice to see smokey back and the mystery of it and the temple deepens. Ajira crew are becoming interesting - cant wait to find out more.

Comment

Another fantastic episode!

Ben is truly one of TV´s greatest villains ever. His ability to think on his feet and adapt to just about anything makes it nearly impossible to know what he is really thinking. Personally I think he told the truth to Sun, it seemed like it was the writers way to let the audience know that what is happening to Locke is really important and unprecedented as far as Ben knows (Still a question as to what Christian Shepard is).

I´m glad that Ben didn't kill Desmond and his family, Desmond deserves to live a free and happy life after all he's been through.

The smoke monster keeps getting more interesting, it seemed like the temple had a mix of Mayan and Egyptian hieroglyphics though I´m no expert on the subject. The monster definitely as a plan for Locke and want´s Ben to stay out of the way though clearly Ben still has a role to play or he´d be dead. I somehow doubt that Ben is going to heed the monsters warning, it´s just to deeply rooted in his personality to always try and be in control.

Comment

Review: Lost 5.12: "Dead is Dead"

Overall, this was one of the best episodes of the season, focusing tightly on one of the key relationships in the series and shedding light on some of the key mysteries. The writers continue to peel back the layers of the story and inform much of what has come before, while perfectly setting the stage for the grand resolution still to come.

Comment

does no one else think maybe the people from the new plane (soory im rather drunk) who have taken frank have been influenced by the monster much in the same way that danielle's people were?

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
          Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
          SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
            does no one else think maybe the people from the new plane (soory im rather drunk) who have taken frank have been influenced by the monster much in the same way that danielle's people were?
            Well I do not because as far as we know you need to be taken to the wall of the temple for that to happen.

Comment

Have you ever seen Locke grin so much? Hehe, he's having a blast.

Next week's episode is called, and you're gonna laugh, "Some Like It Hoth" - I have no idea how Star Wars comes into it, but there you have it.

The following week will be a recap special, and then on April 29 we get to see LOST's 100th episode! I've got a feeling it's gonna be fantastic!!
              sigpic

Comment

I will be looking forward for that birthday present.

Comment

We really saw a compassionate side of Ben tonight. Even though he is morally grey at best, he did show mercy to Alex, Rouseu and Penny and true sorrow about Alex.

I think he'll keep his promise and help John.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                    Next week's episode is called, and you're gonna laugh, "Some Like It Hoth" - I have no idea how Star Wars comes into it, but there you have it.
                    I can't wait to finally learn more about Miles, he is such a mystery.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
                      They're on the second, smaller island.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                        To start with, wow! Classic Lost, really- more questions, some answers, smoke monster! Fantastic!
                        I've been watching LOST from the beginning, and even though they were constantly adding confusing plot twists to it, sometimes to the point where it began to almost wear thin, I stuck with it because I loved the characters, and the whole idea. When this last season began, it felt to me the way I recall how it felt in the beginning... It was magic!!! But not only that but it emotionally had me on a fabulous roller coaster ride! As you said, CLASSIC LOST! I'm loving every moment.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                          Have you ever seen Locke grin so much? Hehe, he's having a blast.

The following week will be a recap special, and then on April 29 we get to see LOST's 100th episode! I've got a feeling it's gonna be fantastic!!
                          Well, the Losties are in 1977 and Star Wars = 1977. I guess we'll see.

Comment

for some reason the title of this ep reminds me of this

Comment

This was one of the best episodes of the season... I totally didn't see the shotgun part happening.

I too at first thought the "code" might have been the work of the smoke monster. Maybe he changed them too?

"what lies in the shadow of the statue?" Damn... I wanna know now!

I still can't put my finger on what's up with locke though, I keep thinking he may really be dead, and he's just another Christen. Something just doesn't feel right... he seems a little bit to happy.

I guess one of the biggest questions for me now is what happened to our group in the past?

Since we seeing events in the present now, and the past has already happened, are Jake, kate and the others some where still on the island? Only 30 years older?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                                This was one of the best episodes of the season... I totally didn't see the shotgun part happening.

I too at first thought the "code" might have been the work of the smoke monster. Maybe he changed them too?

"what lies in the shadow of the statue?" Damn... I wanna know now!

I still can't put my finger on what's up with locke though, I keep thinking he may really be dead, and he's just another Christen. Something just doesn't feel right... he seems a little bit to happy.

I guess one of the biggest questions for me now is what happened to our group in the past?

Since we seeing events in the present now, and the past has already happened, are Jake, kate and the others some where still on the island? Only 30 years older?
                                I think John is happy because he is where he has wanted to be the most. It is somewhat odd, but he got what he wanted.

In regards to older Jack, Kate et al., in theory, if they had just gone along to get along in Dharmaville, they would have been killed in the Purge. So the question is whether the poison Ben released gets them, or if they got out in time, and got back to the future, as it were. I would assume the latter since it makes for a better story.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X