X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo
    Originally posted by White Knight
    Ana-Lucia should die 'cause Morbo thinks Michelle Rodruigez is a bad actress. Check.
    there, I fixed it for you.
    That was actually sarcasm. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

I don't think that Ana is the best character, but she's still interesting, and she still has a lot of room to grow into...well, who knows. Personally, I'm looking forward to finding out where the character will go, as I am with every character.

Comment

Other forums have their own rules, and anyone who doesn't like those rules is at liberty to not bother with those forums. But please don't attack the folk who run them here. We have a No Dissing of Real People rule here too, and that even applies to other people on other forums.

Cheers.

Madeleine

Comment

Sorry. What I should've said was that I think Marbo's reasoning on why Ana should be gotten rid of is very poor. Not that I think Marbo is bad or not-good in any way, but I don't agree with his reason.

Comment

I think Mads was speaking more to the people who were bashing the Fuselage mods rather than you being snarky. For what it's worth, I got your joke and it made me smile.

I do agree with what some of the more... level-headed folks here have said: Lost's PTB would never react like that- at least not publically, and they sure as heck wouldn't leak word of a death before it happened. News might get out, anyway, but not in the hateful context of the article that was posted here.

Comment

MOD REMINDER:

One of our rules is that you must treat other human beings with respect, be they other members, cast/crewmembers (of any show, not just Stargate), or mods at other forums who aren't around our forum to explain or defend their actions and policies.

The Michelle Rodriguez news/rumor is a little sticky, since if it's true her personal life is directly impacting the show, the cast, and the direction the story will take. So, here's a handy guide of where we're drawing the line for this forum rule:

DO:
            - talk about Ana Lucia and her possible fate
            - talk about the direction of the LOST stories and plotlines
            - ponder potential casting changes
            - share your opinion of an actor's professional skills and acting choices

DON'T:
            - talk about the actor's personal life, arrests, convictions, etc., beyond how they impact the show specifically
            - personally attack or insult an actor

Thanks.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'm glad to see other folks found this article highly dubious. I still have yet to see this supposed "news" reported anywhere else. I can only assume until I see reasonable proof otherwise that this article was merely tabloid celebrity gossip.

Comment

i think dubious is a fantastic word.

Comment

i think dubious is a fantastic word.
                  To describe the article; yes, its an excellent word.

Comment

no i just meant in general.

its just fun to say.

dubious.
                    duuuuubious

duu duu duu duudud dudu bbiious

Comment

its just fun to say.

dubious.
                      duuuuubious

I know what you mean. It's just a really cool word. It kind of rolls off the tongue.
                      sigpic

Comment

its just fun to say.

dubious.
                        duuuuubious

It is a good word.

Comment

Dubious, what a word

I also like "Oxymoron" immature reasons, just like the "moron" bit

My favourite Oxymoron: Microsoft Works
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            My favourite Oxymoron: Microsoft Works
                            So very, very true.

I've gotta say, Ptah, I love your sig. "One satsuma"...brilliant!

Comment

I didn't realize dubious was such a popular word.

Comment

If this article is true, which I'm very suspect it's not, it would be a shame. I love the character of Ana on the show and the story mechanics they brought in with her. I do, however, denounce drunk driving and if the actress was involved in something like that I should hope that it was a one-time lapse of judgement and not charactersitic of her. But as to the other accusations made in the article, while there are actors who are reckless and 'high-maintenance' it's not normal for that situation to be 'broadcast' in this manner. If she really has a history of being unprofessional at work it's likely she would not have been hired in the first place, as everyone in the business generally knows about such things. In that case there would have to have been an out-weighing factor for them to have picked her for the role. But just the fact that there's a lot of animosity towards this particular actress (that is, if this forum is any indication) suggests to me that there's a higher probability of this report being false.

...oh yes, and 'dubious' is a great word! Few people use it in general conversation anymore, but it's great when they do. It's one of those words I wish the English language would 'resurrect.'
                                Last edited by Tiret; 07 February 2006, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X