Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daphne

Comment

Hi there. Been a long time ready of the site not posted though so here it goes. I watch this from downloads in the UK so i am up to date and can i say how great this episode was compared to some of the lame ones there has been this series. The whole idea of Matt wanting to give Dath her final wish and how hard it was for him to give her up. Just wonder how he is gonna get round the being a bommer problem. Shame she had to die i found her a very good character. on a side note i miss the Doctor being normal think that was a big mistake as it was with Ando.
      Baby giving some of Heros powers back a good idea as he was one of the better characters before all this mess of taking powers away. i don't think they will give him his time travelling powers back too messy shame though as it made him that extra bit more interesting. Peter needs his original powers back this one at a time thin is lame, infact bloody awful. lets hope sylar or the baby boosts him so he is back to normal.
      I digress. Tracey will be back i reckon and will save Micah or possible turn into the next big villain we will see..but that was amazing proper cominc book stuff.

Keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by entil2001 View Post
        It's amazing what a powerful creative force can do for a writers' room. "Heroes" is often written by committee, with the credit going to whichever writer gives a script its final polish. The net effect is that an episode is based on a bullet-point list of gestalt ideas, and it comes down to the talent and inspiration of the writer to flesh that out into something worthwhile. Given what we’ve seen of the "inspiration" provided by Tim Kring and the previous showrunners and the endless repetition of plot elements, that room needed some new (or, in this case, old) blood.

I make this point because it seemed to me that this episode wasn't necessarily a dramatic move away from the storytelling conceits that were found in previous episodes. Obviously, it couldn't stray too far from what was established, but if one saw a summary of previous episodes and this episode side by side, it wouldn't look all that different. What was different, however, was the evolution from the breaking of the story to the final version. The tone was substantially different, and I believe that is what many fans have noticed and continue to laud.

For example, Daphne's death seems to be rather pointless, given the fact that the audience was already led to believe that Daphne was dead once and she actually dies of her earlier wound in this episode. The end effect (driving Parkman towards revenge) was already in place. Letting her live only serves the purpose of giving Matt and Daphne a moment of closure that was previously missing, thus exploring an aspect of Matt's power that hasn't been seen recently.

There's also the baby plot with Hiro and Ando. Now, using this plot to explore Hiro's psychological reaction to everything that happened in Volume Three was a nice touch, because they usually don't bother with that enough. But having Matt's baby somehow restore part of Hiro's ability? That's a real stretch.

Finally, there's the latest example of a character "dying" out of some semblance of sacrifice, despite the fact that she's obviously not dead. Tracy's trick of freezing herself and fooling Danko into thinking that he can shatter her to death was clever enough, but how many times has a character seemingly died, only to come back? (See Daphne's recent arc.) This happens all the time on "Heroes".

Normally these things would be irritating. In this case, they were given more depth by just the right spin on the material. There was a much better emphasis on the characters and how these situations were affecting them on a personal level. Daphne's fate was secondary to how Matt reacted to the knowledge of it, and how he ultimately helped her have one last magical moment. Hiro's interaction with the baby was mostly about his own sublimated emotions. Tracy's ruse was well-done, and her reasons were tied to her regret for betraying Micah.

Add to that the exploration of Angela's attempts to escape Danko's forces (which was focused mostly on her fear), and this was more devoted to motivations than the lion's share of the episodes this season. It's hard to know if this was Bryan Fuller's doing or if it was simply the synergistic effect of his return to the writers' room. But whatever it was, it was a huge step in the right direction.
        Said it all

Id like to think Tracy is done but that little wink she gave seems to suggest otherwise. And is it just me or does it seem like Matt has a fetish for under agers? Daphne looks about Claire's age...lol.

Bring on the third twin!!
        When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
          Said it all

Id like to think Tracy is done but that little wink she gave seems to suggest otherwise. And is it just me or does it seem like Matt has a fetish for under agers? Daphne looks about Claire's age...lol.

Bring on the third twin!!
          Spoiler:
          Nope tracy will indeed be back and is set to have a major story arc in Vol 5. However these talk for the final Ali Larter sister to appear next season also
          Last edited by Madwelshboy; 26 March 2009, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Tracey didn't wink. For one, she only had one eye so it could have just as easily been a blink. Secondly there was a tear running down her cheek when she did it.

Comment

Good episode.

This volume is getting better the further in we get which is good since it started very badly.

Hopefully the resistance will start to gel more in coming episodes and take on a real shape and form and begin to strike back in some way.

Giving Hiro one of his powers back when in contact with baby Parkman was great since Hiro seems to be a lot less annoying when he has powers. Personally I would have given him teleportation since stoping time is massively over powered if used right.

How did Peter know to rescue Angela? Personally I´m just going with that he was either watching his mother or the agents. It´s possible that Peter´s plan was just to rescue who ever the agents were after and it just turned out to be his mother... Alternatively a Nathan loyalist within Danko´s organization tipped Nathan off and Nathan told Peter.

Either way I´m glad that Peter keeps on with his winning streak, hopefully he will get his power back to normal soon and continue to use his brain as well.

Comment

When I was watching, I realized that if I were Matt Parkman, I wouldn't just be saying its all clear. I'd be planting subliminal suggestions in each of the troop's heads like 'You're blind, you're deaf, you have to go to the bathroom, you're impotent, You speak backwards...and so on and so forth.' Then when Hiro was with baby Matt, I honestly expected him to take each of the guys and randomly transport them some place in the world...like putting on in the back of plane in flight, another somewhere on a mountain top, one in a women's bathroom, one in the White House...all assorted places to create very, very awkward situations for 'em.
                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                  Good episode.

This volume is getting better the further in we get which is good since it started very badly.

Hopefully the resistance will start to gel more in coming episodes and take on a real shape and form and begin to strike back in some way.

Giving Hiro one of his powers back when in contact with baby Parkman was great since Hiro seems to be a lot less annoying when he has powers. Personally I would have given him teleportation since stoping time is massively over powered if used right.

How did Peter know to rescue Angela? Personally I´m just going with that he was either watching his mother or the agents. It´s possible that Peter´s plan was just to rescue who ever the agents were after and it just turned out to be his mother... Alternatively a Nathan loyalist within Danko´s organization tipped Nathan off and Nathan told Peter.

Either way I´m glad that Peter keeps on with his winning streak, hopefully he will get his power back to normal soon and continue to use his brain as well.
                  Or HRG
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

im really starting to question are there really so many mindless amoral drones in the federal government i mean when the order comes down to round up a bunch of mostly harmless people who would follow that.

i like how at the very end tracey actually did something shes probably never done in her life and actually committed a selfless act

when the three of them escaped at the beginning why didnt they wake the others

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                      im really starting to question are there really so many mindless amoral drones in the federal government i mean when the order comes down to round up a bunch of mostly harmless people who would follow that.

i like how at the very end tracey actually did something shes probably never done in her life and actually committed a selfless act

when the three of them escaped at the beginning why didnt they wake the others
                      Hmm pretty sure a lot of the gitmo folk were rounded up along those lines. not saying many if not most are guilty, but am sure there was by all that has emerged in media an element of grab them all
                      Friend of the people of Gaza

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
                        I wouldn't welcome Barbara just yet. Tracy's power had to seriously mutate to turn herself into pure ice. I have a feeling she'll pull herself together again eventually.
                        I think she's gone for good. She didn't just turn herself into ice. She was shot through the heart and shattered by Danko. It would feel cheap if they brought her back, imo.

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                        great episode. it was totally obvious that micah was rebel, but it was still great. it was cool how tracy pulled some Iceman stuff by freezing and shattering herself.
                        I wasn't sure it was Micah, but he was my first guess.

Tracy didn't shatter herself, Danko shattered her by shooting her through the heart.

Anyway, I really like this episode. I'm sad to see Daphne die, because I really liked her character and would have enjoyed watching her find out who she was meant to be... and I'm also sad for Matt. He loved her so much and believed with all his heart that they were meant to be together. But the way they when about showing her death..... that was beautiful. At first I didn't know who was tricking her, but I knew Matt couldn't fly all of the sudden. Then when I realized it was Matt going in her head, I was relieved. And then she said to just let her go... and if he wanted a story book ending to fly her to the moon first... that was sweet and all, but it really put things into perspective when she died. I realized that not only did she not go to Paris but she probably never even woke up. And Matt knew she was dying... that was so sad. He wanted her last moments to be as wonderful as he could make them.

And Tracy... I was actually pretty disappointed that she died too, but the heroic way in which she died almost makes up for it. She proved she could be more than the not-so-honorable person she had been. And a little side note on that scene... I saw a pained look from Noah. He seems to be realizing that life is too short and too precious to be a morally grey bad@$$ all the time...

Or maybe that's just hopeful thinking on my part. But hey, his moral struggle is one reason why he's one of my favorite characters.

What else... Oh, Baby Touch and Go. LOL He's awesome. I loved that whole scene. It had never occurred to me that Hiro had never told anyone about being with his mother when she died. That scene was quite touching. And at the end, when Hiro was telling the baby it's OK to cry sometimes... ooh, I had a lump in my throat. It was great seeing Ando using his power too.

And about Rebel/Micah... like I said, I wasn't sure it was him, but he was my top guess. At first I found it somewhat unrealistic, seeing as he's just a kid. But then I did remember that he's supposed to be super smart anyway, so I don't mind that he's Rebel. I kind of like it in fact.

Over all, I'd say I enjoyed this episode much more than the rest of this current Volume. Instead of what seemed like a bunch of people doing stuff, it had more deep character moments.
                        Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                          I think she's gone for good. She didn't just turn herself into ice. She was shot through the heart and shattered by Danko. It would feel cheap if they brought her back, imo.
                          She'll be back. Unfortunately. I'm not too crazy about the character... or Ali Larter.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Hmm, I don't have trouble watching Ali Larter at all
                            Mia: Don't you hate that?
                            Vincent: Hate what?
                            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Tracy seems to be Bryan Fullers fav character since he came back

Comment

I'm coming in late with this question, but here goes:

Why was Tracy being kept in the heat room and not doped up with the rest?

Comment

Working...
                                X